DAoC VN Boards Going Down

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If you need me to do anything just shout.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Hehe, you can select different styles. You do not have to use the brown you know :)

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
actually it's the Green one but looking through options now.

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
Where is the section I can change board colors at?

edit: n/m found em but seems there is no black background option.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
If you need me to do anything just shout.

If they do come here Deebs please be more strict on trolls/twats/thread spammings to get higher post counts, because Vnboards is fucking infested to the roots with them

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No problem. You know I have never tolerated post count spamming.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Oh I know you havent, just saying Vnboards is really bad for it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Where is the section I can change board colors at?

edit: n/m found em but seems there is no black background option.
I have not enabled that functionality yet, I need to import a style to copy some settings and then have a look...

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
Never really liked VN boards anyways, found the design and layout uninspiring and not very good.

A good community forum is however key in any MMORPG, and lively ones in DAoC have been lacking the later years.

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
Not all of us are trolls from VN hehe. I have worked for YEARS on the DAoC Database just to put my personal stamp on this community as a whole. I have a Mordred PvP server website up, that I archived a while back when the server died that I maintained personally. I even added Mordred personal forums. There are not many that cared about this game more than I did and I really hope the VN community comes here with a FURY just for the fact that it helps keep the community strong as a whole.

Seriously, I hope the VN folks come here and put this place on point (not in a bad way) I mean this old tired game has been needing a hard spark of life for years. Maybe if this place goes there and tries to help push this Merge forward we can make this move happen.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Not all of us are trolls from VN hehe. I have worked for YEARS on the DAoC Database just to put my personal stamp on this community as a whole. I have a Mordred PvP server website up, that I archived a while back when the server died that I maintained personally. I even added Mordred personal forums. There are not many that cared about this game more than I did and I really hope the VN community comes here with a FURY just for the fact that it helps keep the community strong as a whole.

Seriously, I hope the VN folks come here and put this place on point (not in a bad way) I mean this old tired game has been needing a hard spark of life for years. Maybe if this place goes there and tries to help push this Merge forward we can make this move happen.

Not everyone is I know that, but a huge % of the DAOC posters on Vnboards have shit attitudes towards other people + post farm like hell.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Out of interest do you guys use the built in media library? I converted and imported Liloe's database (with help from a couple of Freddies).

old.Eyez

Can't get enough of FH
Welcome to FH.. lets hope we can get some action going on this forum again :)

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
BUFF!!!!! Good to see you made the switch!

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Also if you feel the forum layout/structure needs updating then please let me know your ideas.

Buffsteria

Regular Freddie
BUFF!!!!! Good to see you made the switch!
Thanks, well I had to go somewhere. ;-) Posting and reading about DAoC keeps me from actually logging in and ruining my academic progress.

Although, just when I thought I was going to stay logged out till Summer Break, the Bracer of Springtime Folly quest returned....this might mean some DAoC time next week!

Is that quest repeatable, by the way? Not trying to hijack, just wondering.

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
I have an idea.

The entire point behind this move was to keep our community intact. Well, on the VN Boards, they had a server forum for Ywain and then they also had a forum for Mordred PvP and Gaheris PvE.

I would suggestion you try to add a section for server forums so those that do migrate over here have a place to actually call "home" Even Mordred is alive on the VN Forums for that server even if the server is still dead, the community is still there. I suggest adding a server section for each of the servers.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I have an idea.

The entire point behind this move was to keep our community intact. Well, on the VN Boards, they had a server forum for Ywain and then they also had a forum for Mordred PvP and Gaheris PvE.

I would suggestion you try to add a section for server forums so those that do migrate over here have a place to actually call "home" Even Mordred is alive on the VN Forums for that server even if the server is still dead, the community is still there. I suggest adding a server section for each of the servers.
I am not familiar with the servernames/realms/etc so would appreciate any advice/guidance. Can you take a look around the existing structure and then start a new thread with your ideas so everyone can see what possible layouts maybe implemented.

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
Well, you already have a Ywain forum. I would simply make another section and title it something like "Non RvR Server Boards"

inside that section I would have two forums .....

Mordred PvP
Gaheris PvE

just my suggestion

edit: In the Ywain section, why not another forum for server general discussion where all 3 realms can gather. You currently have it for each realm which splits your conversation into 3 groups. Personally I would have the 3 realms combined into a general discussion forum or at the least add a General Discussion forum for Ywain.

Sardine

One of Freddy's beloved
Sadly I think the community will just get split up even more, with some moving to ign, some to postcount and others to here. But on the plus side, there won't be any more VN junkies. :D

Damaja

Loyal Freddie
Sadly I think the community will just get split up even more, with some moving to ign, some to postcount and others to here. But on the plus side, there won't be any more VN junkies. :D
Personally I am not worried where everyone goes. I want to do good for those who come HERE. The first time I came here a while back these people welcomed me with open arms. They did not care if I was an elitest or a casual player. They didn't care if I was good or bad, I was a DAoC player and that was all that mattered.

Hence why I come back here, so let others go elsewhere, I remain here.
Besides, they made a sticky out of my Database thread .... how could I NOT come here haha.

/heart Freedys House

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Personally I am not worried where everyone goes. I want to do good for those who come HERE. The first time I came here a while back these people welcomed me with open arms. They did not care if I was an elitest or a casual player. They didn't care if I was good or bad, I was a DAoC player and that was all that mattered.

Hence why I come back here, so let others go elsewhere, I remain here.
Besides, they made a sticky out of my Database thread .... how could I NOT come here haha.

/heart Freedys House
BTW, did you read this?

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/threads/daoc-vn-boards-going-down.248217/#post-3863690
https://forums.freddyshouse.com/media/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom