DAOC mod review!!

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
Feel free to play with us one night, you'll probably find yourself seeing things from a rather different perspective :)

Beeks gives a wonderful rendition of "Summertime" from his left nostrol.

That would indeed be interesting. I have chars on alb and you know where you can find me. (#groove.daoc on irc if you dont know).

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
That would indeed be interesting. I have chars on alb and you know where you can find me. (#groove.daoc on irc if you dont know).

I don't use IRC myself much, but sure thing you're more than welcome, as is anyone.

Box4m

Fledgling Freddie
Sparx said:
<no sarcasm here> well done mate :)

I hate this whole OMFG!!!11!!11one do ADDERS! imo i love jumping in with a fg on fg mids and hibs fighting, i get it often enough so why shouldnt i?

I love siege fights... i love fighting hibs in mid land knowing that a fg of mids can steam roll at any time

I welcome anyone to add in my fights if i am 1-1 with a mid/hib, feel free!

I fully agree mate, well said, you have my rep! :worthy: :worthy:

atos

Fledgling Freddie
I applied for to be a mod way back. But aperantly I'm not inmature enough. :S

Aw well. Just dont say I didnt suggest myself. :eek: Even though none suggested me.

Box4m

Fledgling Freddie
atos said:
I applied for to be a mod way back. But aperantly I'm not inmature enough. :S

Aw well. Just dont say I didnt suggest myself. :eek: Even though none suggested me.

lol

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Garok said:
The only threads I see being closed are the oneliner's.

Random Player A "Grondelthax is an skilless c0x0r.. grow some balls you fking noob"

Prehaps they should not modarate the RvR section for a month. I would guess you wont see an upturn of interesting funny mosts just 9 million generate threads were player A calls player B a Skillsless n00b with 10 generic "lolz" replys after.

Mods are not the problem tbh its the posts themselves lacking any kind of creativeity just a rehashing of the same old shit

Oneliners?

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=194194

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=193994

etc etc

Sparx

Cheeky Fucknugget
Marc said:
I miss threads like this :<

https://forums.freddyshouse.com/showthread.php?t=64700&highlight=qama

The battle of E-peens in that thread was just lol.

Also shows that 2 servers with the same classes killing the same enemy are so different

"Fuck off back to Excal" Not being funny but that annoyed me a little. I notice the difference in RvR between Excal/Pryds, not so much now, but there was a difference and its not fun

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Garok said:
Prehaps they should not modarate the RvR section for a month. I would guess you wont see an upturn of interesting funny mosts just 9 million generate threads were player A calls player B a Skillsless n00b with 10 generic "lolz" replys after.

Mods are not the problem tbh its the posts themselves lacking any kind of creativeity just a rehashing of the same old shit

However, the forum, atleast in my opinion, is for the users, by the users. Currently topics are only allowed by 'the grace of the moderators'.

Also ask 90% of the player-base, and most people like to read some whine, flames and gossip.

Marc

FH is my second home
noaim said:
I miss having arguments with you! I know we had some pretty "wild" discussions but I never felt any hostility, which is how it should be imo.

And I bet you and your m8s flex your rugby-peens on a regular basis. :D

haha aye, we had some great arguments. Just like you though, I never felt any hostility towards you and we could also have a laugh together. As for flexing rugby-peens, can honestly say in any team ive played for it never happened. If we beat a team who were crap, we would never take the piss out of them. Just have a beer with them after the game and tell them where they were going wrong.

eggy

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Also ask 90% of the player-base, and most people like to read some whine, flames and gossip.

I'm not sure where you got this statistic from, I assume you made it up. Your figures would mean that at least, say, 95% of daoc players read FH regularly, which I'm sure isnt' true.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Marc said:
haha aye, we had some great arguments. Just like you though, I never felt any hostility towards you and we could also have a laugh together. As for flexing rugby-peens, can honestly say in any team ive played for it never happened. If we beat a team who were crap, we would never take the piss out of them. Just have a beer with them after the game and tell them where they were going wrong.

Thats only because you have no screens to be brave behind. :D

Nah its good to hear that, but I think most people dont whine at adders to say they are shit, I think it is because they ruin a way of playing that those people that dont add enjoy. If a team really pissed you off by somehow ruining what you enjoy in rugby and you got really pissed about it, you dont think a few bad words about that team could come out of your mouth? :) I think its the insults that is the problem though, not the add whine. But maybe that is just me.

The problem is fg´s cant really ruin the fun for people that play the game as intended, the way those people can ruin it for fg´s, so I think they dont really understand why its upsetting for some people to get adds.

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
I'm not sure where you got this statistic from, I assume you made it up. Your figures would mean that at least, say, 95% of daoc players read FH regularly, which I'm sure isnt' true.
He is right tho.

Based on 97% of me.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
I don't think its appropriate Raven being a mod of any sort, he touches me when nobody's looking :(

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
in private you say you like it though, adds danger.

toxii

Can't get enough of FH
Tears said:
I RvR every night except Thursday and currently the 2nd highest of my class on the server :kissit: would be the highest if I didnt start the damn healer first :)

Adlatus Hellbringer said:
Hmm i may only be a sticky mod but I rvr a hell of a lot. Ive tried to not get drawn into this convo tbh... If the whiners in this thread dont like the way FH is atm wouldnt it be far simpler to just bugger off?

I really cant see a productive end to this thread.

are you mods in rvr sections, and specifically in the cluster rvr section that interests me the most ?

next time you quote me, read what i typed first, hit quote button afterwards :)

and tbh Tears mate, try digging your own hole less :p

Adlatus Hellbringer

Fledgling Freddie
Tears is joint mod of the daoc forums with eggy and flim afaik and i along with the other sticky mods can sticky threads in any daoc forum.

Dorimor1

Banned
Tears said:
I RvR every night except Thursday and currently the 2nd highest of my class on the server :kissit: would be the highest if I didnt start the damn healer first :)

Ya but thanes are gimp :(

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
toxii said:
are you mods in rvr sections, and specifically in the cluster rvr section that interests me the most ?

next time you quote me, read what i typed first, hit quote button afterwards :)

and tbh Tears mate, try digging your own hole less :p

I am a mod of all DAOC sections now.
I am very active in RvR on Glastonbury

Your post didnt say anything about cluster or classic - it just said RvR :)

My hole is fine... hows yours?

Golena

Fledgling Freddie
noaim,

I'm guessing that this point might pass you by but i'll try anyway.

Just because I agree that adding in rvr is bad, doesn't mean I want to read 10 pages of people accusing each other of adding.
Posting that X or Y adds only results in X or Y coming back and flaming you. It's been proved in hundreds of posts throughout the years. Threads discussing if adding is good or bad, or the concept of adding tend to be left alone until it becomes a flame fest. Threads that start off with OMG XX sucks cos he added on me serve no real purpose other than to enhance your e-peen.

If you really want X to know that he added, you can PM him. No-one else really cares that much, other than your mates who want to jump in with the "omg lolz at the clueless people m8tes".
I fail to see how good you are at fighting full group v full group effects your descisions about which threads just contain junk on the subject.

I do find it amusing that the full group crowd both take the piss out of people who zerg and people who arn't shooting up the ranks as fast as them. Have you considered that people might be not getting massive realm points per hour because they are running as a fg when alot of the server is running 2fg's or more, and shock horror might not be the best group out there so lose fights when they find them! I've no doubt that a good full group could earn 100k a day at the beginning of the server when there were alot of fg's out and running, many of them rr2's. Try coming back and doing it as an RR3 group now with rr7 groups running on /stick. Now try doing it with people that arn't the best other 7 players on the server, and we'll see just how good you are! Don't forget that when you were off earning 100k a day you were 3 RR's higher than 90% of the groups you were fighting (and I believe had 5 relics?)!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
noaim said:
I agree the best would have moderators who is non-biased towards either side, it would be the best solution. The problem is that while the current moderators claim they are not biased, they show time after time that they actually are.

Should we have a moderator that thinks racist abuse is a good thing as well, maybe a moderator who thinks telling people to die IRL is cool as well.

Excessive flaming/personal attacks are not allowed - no matter which part of the community you belong to.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
noaim said:
I think its the insults that is the problem though, not the add whine.

It is, however "adder!" was basically turned into a swear word by the constant amount of abuse poured into grats threads by a section of the community.

Can blame the people doing that for "adding" being a bad word - same reason posting "meteor" in some places will probably get you into trouble ;) Adding has the connotation of "adding skillless wanker ololol joo suxxor coxxor!" the same way "meteor" might as well have "die of" written in front of ot.

Discuss adding all you want (can someone make up a new term? realm-play as opposed to group-play hrm), just don't make it personal.

Cadiva

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
However, the forum, atleast in my opinion, is for the users, by the users. Currently topics are only allowed by 'the grace of the moderators'.

Well strictly speaking the forums are by the forum hosters for whoever they choose to allow to come and use them, given that they are coughing up the cash to keep Freddyshouse online.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
Should we have a moderator that thinks racist abuse is a good thing as well, maybe a moderator who thinks telling people to die IRL is cool as well.

Excessive flaming/personal attacks are not allowed - no matter which part of the community you belong to.

Because preferring fg rvr is the same as being a racist or wanting people to die irl? :)

Racism or telling people to die irl isnt part of the game, fg rvr is.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
noaim said:
Because preferring fg rvr is the same as being a racist or wanting people to die irl? :)

Racism or telling people to die irl isnt part of the game, fg rvr is.

And when did enjoying fg rvr or playing fg rvr become against the FH CoC? Oh wait it didn't but you'd like to argue as if you're some hard pressed upon minority with your rights stomped all over. It's not the case at all.

Or did "fg rvr" suddenly have a requirement of posting add whine in everyone's grats threads? Maybe I'm a bit confused as to how the whole "optimising your group, getting voice comms, playing together for a while, killing other full groups" needs you to post "omgz adding coxxor" on this forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom