DAOC meets Crysis engine

Manda

Regular Freddie
Easily no, network parts might be somehow possible code to CryEngine SDK .. but tons of 3D models won't be easy task export to CryEngine.

Dess

One of Freddy's beloved
I've been playing in Thid so much lately. Watching that Thid video makes me want to cry. It's f'in brilliant!

If i won the lottery i'd totally fund this :D

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
i cry a little each time i see a new pic on that site, to think how good it would look now if it was re released :(

Kalph

Fledgling Freddie
You need to get this stuff to Bioware/Mythic/EA and man you should get a job there for sure!

We the MMO gamers, NEED a DAoC 2. These fake WoW clones these days are not cutting it. Nothing can ever come close to what DAoC had RvR-wise

Manda

Regular Freddie
You need to get this stuff to Bioware/Mythic/EA and man you should get a job there for sure!

We the MMO gamers, NEED a DAoC 2. These fake WoW clones these days are not cutting it. Nothing can ever come close to what DAoC had RvR-wise

Mythic knows this modification already (got info from some source) and also I have sent some info to Mythic, but no contacts from their side.
I'm helping currently NifSkope project which can open Gamebryo based 3d models (DAoC/Fallout/Skyrim/..) ... This should make my conversion easier :)

Kalph

Fledgling Freddie
Nice. Wish I knew how to do this kind of stuff. Are you able to put up NPC's and stuff and test for any kind of server lag?

Manda

Regular Freddie
Are you able to put up NPC's and stuff and test for any kind of server lag?
No, this is just graphics conversion (terrain, static 3D models + trees/grass) ... And playing point of view, I can walk there and shoot things (it's CryEngine anyway) as those are part of default CryEngine SDK, but it's not client which can connect to anything.
And also as DOL is already doing great job to create server clone, so I don't have much interest to do double work there :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom