DAoC: Labyrinth of the Minotaur!

Behmoth

Fledgling Freddie
sounds like fun and i think it 1/2 minatour class very low dex high hp's high str prob little or no armour sounds fair to me.

but not gonna bitch moan until i see the class in play. and see what they are like after the 1st nerf/boost

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
Daoc could have been fun storywise with the Backround the Game had at the start. But then they released ToA which has almost nothing to do with DAoC.
And now we get Metal Monsters! Whats the next addon? Terminator?

A New Playable Race for all Realms - The Arnold. Half man, half Machine, the Arnold is so powerful he can wield 4 shotguns with a single hand.

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Oh my god, my eyes! :eek:

(What scares me the most is that you were handling whatever is under that gun when making the image!)

Tilda

Icebreaker said:
Daoc could have been fun storywise with the Backround the Game had at the start. But then they released ToA which has almost nothing to do with DAoC.

A New Playable Race for all Realms - The Arnold. Half man, half Machine, the Arnold is so powerful he can wield 4 shotguns with a single hand.

We've had metal monsters since SI.

Rhana

Fledgling Freddie
hehe... polearms is 2 handed...
<thinking>... can I make a Minotaur armsman (Big bull in plate :worthy: ), with a spear (polearm) in 1 hand and a BIG shield in the other... :eek6:
... I deffo wants to see the damage output on the style they have when the other do a style... :eek2:

Tilda

Icebreaker said:
where?

and where is my screenshot? :/

and a warning great!

In SI, in the dale of dewy or something, in alb, there are metal robot monster things.
Your screenshot was ott and spoiling an otherwise nice thread! :p
Warning will expire in a few days.

snushanen

Fledgling Freddie
Icebreaker said:

I agree that TOA (greek and egyptian mythology mostly) have nothing to do with daoc, but Minotaurs have something to do with greek mythology (TOA) not a metal monster

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
Looks quite promising tbh :] Dont like the same race/class for all realms though, imagine 8vs8vs8 minataur fgs! :]

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
snushanen said:
I agree that TOA (greek and egyptian mythology mostly) have nothing to do with daoc, but Minotaurs have something to do with greek mythology (TOA) not a metal monster

I meant the strange Metal Cats not the Minotaur.

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
After Dark Ages, Renessaince was born, people became interested in the ancient times and looked forward to discover stuff. So TOA can be good, and as you see Darkness Rising was a semi neutral thing, except if you look at the story: peasants, etc. want equal rights. Industrialization, "Leonardo" etc... would be still OK.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
DavidH said:
I wonder what that dungeon is all about. As long as there are good PL spots there, I'm happy xD

how about you just get given all the stuff in the expansion by typing in /qvasdasdadredbuttongreenbutton - then you don't need to bother playing the game!

I hope it's not a walk in the park like Darkness Rising... it was fun and all but after a week it was "yeah, done that.... cba now"

Lets hope this expansion has some meat on its bones.

Apart from the bugs, arti campers and a few overpowered abilities (and maybe the MLs being a leetle too tough in spots) ToA was really quite an impressive expansion - it added huge amounts to the game. Yet everyone whined about it - the reaction was Darkness Rising, a pretty expansion sure enough but there was no replayability. At least with ToA you did different item/artifact quests with different characters... (if admittely all doing the same ML raids).

I'm hoping the horned expansion strikes the balance right this time.

Icebreaker said:
where?

and where is my screenshot? :/

and a warning great!

alb-tower-guardian.jpg

alb-unwanted-junk.jpg

etc etc :p

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I hope its a new toa. That you actually have to work a long time to get everything!

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
it seems to me that people are whining:

Oh no! There's point in doing something other than running around agramon/IRvR all night!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooom!

Icebreaker

Fledgling Freddie
=Samaroon|etc etc :p

Ahahaa!

Never seen those. Actually i play only hib and i haven't seen Robocops there so far. Anyway the new Addon doesn't fit into the DAoC Myths! Along with ToA, Catacombs and SI in some aspects.

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Flimgoblin said:
it seems to me that people are whining:

Oh no! There's point in doing something other than running around agramon/IRvR all night!

DOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOooooooooooooooooooom!
Who said anything about that?
At least I'm looking very forward to this exp pack :)

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
A New Playable Race for all Realms - The Minotaur,A New Player Class for all Realms - The Mauler

So all the realms will look the same, at first glance it will be hard to tell which realm someone is from.

A New Dungeon - The Labyrinth

DF Clone

New RvR Game Play - Minotaur Relics. Players may acquire and use these relics, but become targets to be hunted by the other Realms.

So when i get a relic and log to never play that toon again, what happens?

New Item Slots - Mythical Items

Not a bad addition to the game, will help with templates

New Levels - Champion Levels 6-10

Where does it stop? soon we will need 2342 QB's

Rumors of an army of mechanical constructs powered by dark magic abound and it is said that Cerberus himself watches over the relics.

Apart from having robots in a fantasy game i'm looking forward to seeing Cerberus!

Cerberus.jpg

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Sye said:
So all the realms will look the same, at first glance it will be hard to tell which realm someone is from.
I think the devs have more than enough imagination to cover that, after all thats what they are paid for.

You got this from where? Seen the screen shots, artwork or know someone doing it? Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Its a personal relic, you think youll have the only one in the game..pfff.

Not a bad addition to the game, will help with templates
Why, they just made templates more complicated, true more items sounds nice, but is it?

Where does it stop? soon we will need 2342 QB's
True - "ASK THAT ALB TO STAND STILL, WRONG QB LOADED!!!" - XXX was just killed by Onebuttonwin (insert BD, sorc, warlock, bainshee, firewiz, etc etc)

Apart from having robots in a fantasy game i'm looking forward to seeing Cerberus!

Cerberus.jpg
Piss poor versions of them in Iarnwood, hopefully their imaginations have stretched a bit since then!

Sye

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
I think the devs have more than enough imagination to cover that, after all thats what they are paid for.

You got this from where? Seen the screen shots, artwork or know someone doing it? Assumption is the mother of all fuck ups.

Why, they just made templates more complicated, true more items sounds nice, but is it?

True - "ASK THAT ALB TO STAND STILL, WRONG QB LOADED!!!" - XXX was just killed by Onebuttonwin (insert BD, sorc, warlock, bainshee, firewiz, etc etc)

Piss poor versions of them in Iarnwood, hopefully their imaginations have stretched a bit since then!

wow lets all jump down each others necks when we express our opinions on a community forums.

back on subject

In their search for the Minotaur Relics, players will journey deep beneath the Frontiers to explore the vast Labyrinth, the largest single dungeon in any MMO. This dungeon contains exciting new PvE quests, new encounters, and challenging new areas for RvR combat. The Labyrinth is filled with great evil, but even greater treasures, including new Mythical items, which can be found by the bravest of adventurers.

lets replace that with DF

In their search for the Seals, players will journey deep beneath the homeland to explore the vast Darkness, the largest single dungeon in any MMO. This dungeon contains exciting new PvE quests, new encounters, and challenging new areas for RvR combat. Darkness Falls is filled with great evil, but even greater treasures, including new Mythical items, which can be found by the bravest of adventurers.

Does that not sound similar? I didnt mean the look of it, so i dont need any concept art or screenshots.

If the relic is personal to you, is that just another buff then?

Sollac

Fledgling Freddie
ok this sounds like fun..hopefully its a freebie.

firstly - minotaurs nice idea but all three realms??? I blame the TOA portals not having guards on them.....

secondly - mauler sounds like a savage/vampiir type class - fotm incoming

thirdly - new rvr dungeon, good idea just glad it wont be tower linked, but hope they have some way of stopping entrance camping (looks at mids....grrr)

fourthly - anything that helps my template get better is good.

fifthly - personal relic, hmmm how are peeps gonna know what u got? i have a feeling that its gonna be one of each type ...other wise why would anyone want to make u a target??

finally - as long as i dont have to pay for it i dont care, sounds a bit lame tbh, sounds like a stop gap until warhammer is ready.

for an expansion i would love to see more stuff for the 50's to do apart from gank each other... realm missions based on realm rank, if possible bounties on player characters based on activity, titles and threat against an enemyrealm.

this would make infs more useful and would make attacking High RR characters worth the risk.... plus prestige for ganking a well known enemy player.

personally, daoc just needs tweaking......new dungeon yes, cl 6-10 yeah ok
need something that will make players want to come back.....but minotaurs????

dont we have enuff bull headed players already :p

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
About the 'robot' thing...just because it's made of metal, doesn't necessarily mean it's a robot. Look at Talos; you can't get much more metallic then him, but he's not a robot - I guess he'd qualify as a giant golem, being basically an animated statue - and he fits in perfectly with the fantasy setting. So the metallic thing in the leaked pictures may very well be more golemy goodness.

panic.jpg

I don't think DAOC is going to be turning into
terminator.jpg

anytime soon.

:D

Azathrim

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Sye said:

The way I read it, it seemed like those items were unique.

My guess is ofcourse, that you don't keep them if you log and that they cannot leave the frontiers. So, in essense it's about fighting over them and if you want to reap their benefits you need to actually have them on you. Hence the personal part.

One problem that kind of concept might provide is buffbots storing them, effectively keeping the item out of the game. However, then noone reaps their benefits, and thus it's less of a problem.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Mas said:
Just hope this doesent make the TOA client redundant, cant rvr in anything else.

yr a warlock, you mean rvring is hard for u?

:m00:

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Mas plays his Warrior in RvR these days and not his Warlock. Better luck next time, sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom