DAoC: Labyrinth of the Minotaur!

Rub

One of Freddy's beloved
he can wield two-handed weapons with a single hand.
wtf, i want my armsman to respec minotaur :<
is the largest single dungeon in any MMO
solo zone? :D
New Item Slots - Mythical Items. Hunt the depths of the Labyrinth for these rare new items.
more template remakes?

DavidH

Part of the furniture
Gonna be so much fun getting another 5 Champion Levels.. :<

Varna

Fledgling Freddie
At least all realms get an OP class at the same time for once and not just MID.

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
how are they gonna balance other classes with a 2h dualwielding char?????

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
"The Labyrinth. Deep beneath the island of Agramon, this vast maze is the largest single dungeon in any MMO"

I'm sold already =)

DavidH

Part of the furniture
I wonder what that dungeon is all about. As long as there are good PL spots there, I'm happy xD

Outlander

Part of the furniture
sweet :D ive just wasted my time making a new set of templates for my chars woot! :twak:

god damnit!:(

Serdan

Fledgling Freddie
They got my money here:
New RvR Game Play - Minotaur Relics. Players may acquire and use these relics, but become targets to be hunted by the other Realms.

Sad it will be only late spring here most likely :(

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Let me summ up what i think.. not all to good

# A New Playable Race for all Realms - The Minotaur. Half man, half bull, the Minotaur is so powerful he can wield two-handed weapons with a single hand.
# A New Player Class for all Realms - The Mauler. Unlock this new brawler class and channel the elemental powers of the earth.
So they generalise the game, same for everybody, can just as well reroll WoW mode.
4 weapons on 1 class? Gonna be sooo fotm :p

A New Dungeon - The Labyrinth. Deep beneath the island of Agramon, this vast maze is the largest single dungeon in any MMO.
PvE, PvE, PvE.... id prefer quality over quantity.
New Levels - Champion Levels 6-10. Five additional Champion Levels allow players to expand their powers, abilities, and items slots.
PvE PvE PvE

New RvR Game Play - Minotaur Relics. Players may acquire and use these relics, but become targets to be hunted by the other Realms.
Well more relics, fine by me, more to AC :p

# Requires the original Dark Age of Camelot and Darkness Rising™ expansions to play.
And then they where smart enough to force everybody to buy DR

/rant and doomsaying off

Esselinithia

Fledgling Freddie
Wazkyr said:
PvE, PvE, PvE.... id prefer quality over quantity.

Dungeons opening in RVR zones tend to be RVR dungeons, not the best for PVE types, and not the best for RVR types either... And since you can get clxp in many ways (including RVR) I don't know if the new levels would change much.

If the new dungeon will be bigger than catacombs areas (they are a superdungeon too) I don't know how that will work in RVR lands. Ability to wield 2h weapons in one hand doesn't mean dual wielding them, and if you wield them in 1 hands, maybe not even 2h styles. So a bit more damage, which can be balanced quickly.

Quantity of changes is important: Must be enough challenge to keep you in game for a whole year. But they should be usefull changes to keep you happy...

Wazkyr

One of Freddy's beloved
Esselinithia said:
Dungeons opening in RVR zones tend to be RVR dungeons, not the best for PVE types, and not the best for RVR types either...
as you said yourself, its gonna be a pure pve cave id guess. Look at poc, hardly a kill a week happens in poc, now that you can level artis where ever you want.

Kaun_IA

Fledgling Freddie
Esselinithia said:
Dungeons opening in RVR zones tend to be RVR dungeons, not the best for PVE types, and not the best for RVR types either... And since you can get clxp in many ways (including RVR) I don't know if the new levels would change much.

If the new dungeon will be bigger than catacombs areas (they are a superdungeon too) I don't know how that will work in RVR lands. Ability to wield 2h weapons in one hand doesn't mean dual wielding them, and if you wield them in 1 hands, maybe not even 2h styles. So a bit more damage, which can be balanced quickly.

Quantity of changes is important: Must be enough challenge to keep you in game for a whole year. But they should be usefull changes to keep you happy...

ohrly

what was PoC all about.... PVE easymode .P

Basic_X

Fledgling Freddie
Parts of it sounds fun. parts of it sounds crap. (aka the more pve part) wounder how it will be.....

Days after release
2. DING 50 Mauler
5. Ding rr5 Mauler
14. Ding rr10 Mauler
6 Months: Mauler Nerf :touch:

wouldnt suprise me :eek7:

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
'Players that pre-order the expansion will receive an exclusive pet, the Clockwork Kitten, to accompany them on their journeys throughout the Realms.'

From the official press release.

I'm sooo there. Here, kitty, kitty. :D

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
Well since they are giving maulers to all realms and it seems it will be some kind of melee hybrid = not pure 400 dex caster of pwnyoulot then it can't be as bad as you guys make it sound. More cl's? More crappy spells. More hp though wich is good (makes fights last longer). It's not a mustbuy unless you want to use days of pve to get the new template items wich tweak you a tiny bit.

Only thing i fear a little is the 2h wielding capabilities. My guess is that the 1h wielded 2h weaps will do the asme base dmg as normal 1h's. Only difference is that the 2handers will be much slower (hello to very high style dmg, hello mr celerity healer ;<). Will be a good buff for melee based groups to have minotaurs, wich in my eyes is nice :)

Might consider rolling a Minotaur BM with 15 str, 10qui and dw 2h malice and ml10 offhander xD

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
i don't like it one bit.

more CLs to do. weee, fun fun fun \o/

more items to farm. weee, fun fun fun \o/

new (probably op) class. weee! they better not make the minotaur able to use dual wield. 2H and shield i can swallow, but 2 2H-weapons? a good meleetrain can do enough carage already, i don't want 3 dual wielding horses bashing my head in.

liked the part with the new dungeon though. that could actually be fun.

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
As for the Champion levels -- big deal. You earn them ANYWAY as you RVR, it's a FREE ride to CL10, just like it was from 1-5. Less whine.

For the people who are already yelling Doom regarding the 2h weapons:

Sanya: Gonna have something in the Bag this week about the "wielding a 2H in one paw" thing - but briefly put, that feature may not survive actual testing.

crispy

Can't get enough of FH
pjuppe said:
i don't like it one bit.

more CLs to do. weee, fun fun fun \o/

more items to farm. weee, fun fun fun \o/

new (probably op) class. weee! they better not make the minotaur able to use dual wield. 2H and shield i can swallow, but 2 2H-weapons? a good meleetrain can do enough carage already, i don't want 3 dual wielding horses bashing my head in.

liked the part with the new dungeon though. that could actually be fun.

FYI: Don't pve yourself to cl's... Doesnt take too long to just rvr there :>

In my experience pve to cl's takes soooooo much longer that rvr'ing, wich also is fun :D

Craft

Fledgling Freddie
Dark Age of Camelot celebrates its fifth anniversary with the release of Labyrinth of the Minotaur, the new expansion for the epic fantasy massively-multiplayer online role-playing game. This is the seventh expansion for Camelot and it introduces a hulking new player race, a unique new player class, a massive new dungeon, and an exciting new Realm vs. Realm™ (RvR) game play experience.

The ancient race of Minotaur has returned to the lands of Albion, Midgard, and Hibernia to reclaim powerful but corrupt relics hidden long ago by their ancestors. Lust for these relics once brought about the downfall of the powerful Minotaur kingdom and their evil influence now threatens the kingdoms of Man.

The Minotaur seek the help of the three Realms to reclaim the lost relics and prevent them from falling into the wrong hands. In exchange, the Minotaur have promised to share the secrets of the Mauler, a unique profession whose practitioners draw upon the powers of the earth to enhance their martial arts prowess.

Only the mightiest of heroes will be called in the service of their king to aid the Minotaur with their quest. They will venture deep beneath the former Minotaur capital on the island of Agramon to explore the maze-like Labyrinth, a dungeon whose size knows no equal. Rumors of an army of mechanical constructs powered by dark magic abound and it is said that Cerberus himself watches over the relics.

Those heroes lucky enough to emerge from the Labyrinth in possession of a relic travel the Frontiers as marked men. There are many that covet these relics and they will stop at nothing to possess them. The pursuit of these relics will escalate into a vast struggle that will burn like a wild fire, engulfing all races and beings across the Realms.

Key Features
  • A New Playable Race for all Realms - The Minotaur. Half man, half bull, the Minotaur is so powerful he can wield two-handed weapons with a single hand.
  • A New Player Class for all Realms - The Mauler. Unlock this new brawler class and channel the elemental powers of the earth.
  • A New Dungeon - The Labyrinth. Deep beneath the island of Agramon, this vast maze is the largest single dungeon in any MMO.
  • New RvR Game Play - Minotaur Relics. Players may acquire and use these relics, but become targets to be hunted by the other Realms.
  • New Item Slots - Mythical Items. Hunt the depths of the Labyrinth for these rare new items.
  • New Levels - Champion Levels 6-10. Five additional Champion Levels allow players to expand their powers, abilities, and items slots.
  • Requires the original Dark Age of Camelot and Darkness Rising™ expansions to play.

em pleh

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
if minotaurs get some innate ability like, 50% magical resists or something it's cool tho :p Would play one and run around in albzergs /dancing :D

- English -

Resident Freddy
Shike said:
if minotaurs get some innate ability like, 50% magical resists or something it's cool tho :p Would play one and run around in albzergs /dancing :D

you would still get nuked for 800...

Keitan

Banned
imo its gonna be like all tanks/casters who can do insane damage it will have VERY low hps like caster HP basically u can hit ure enemys VERY VERY hard but i will die VERY fast so tbh not much point in playing one i would probally make a Mauler/Sorc

swords

Can't get enough of FH
Keitan said:
imo its gonna be like all tanks/casters who can do insane damage it will have VERY low hps like caster HP basically u can hit ure enemys VERY VERY hard but i will die VERY fast so tbh not much point in playing one i would probally make a Mauler/Sorc

Yeah, because you're currently a dev for this expansion so you'd know all about that wouldn't you?
Can we please keep the speculation to a minimum? Its about as useful as a cock flavoured lollypop.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom