Daoc - addictive or just a break from the mundane

Taniko

Fledgling Freddie
I think playing Camlann can bring the worst in people up. Really really.. I can get like 10 times more frustrated and furious on Camlann than on Mid/Excal for instence. Think while playing Camlann all my playtime I've broken 2 keyboards, 3 mouses (expensive ones :s) 1 mouspad (Icemat.. smoooth one, totally new.. like 3 days old when I broke the glass), my fist (I'm not a fighter irl at all, but.. it sounds cool to say :p), my chair + other random accesories on my table. I usually just snatch the closest thing on the table and throw it with all the power that I have, then throw me self into bed, covering my mouth in pillows and then screeeeaaaam all that my lungs can bear. r0x0r :D

Shawr

Fledgling Freddie
Eh, what is wrong with you people? :p
Am I the only person who laughs when they get killed? How can you get that angry over your avatar dieing inside a game? It boggles my mind. :p

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
I can have a chuckle aswell when dieing.
But if you keep running solo into fg's or being Tsed like 4 times in a row its like 1hour you wasted doing nothing and that sets me off sometimes

-Freezingwiz-

Fledgling Freddie
hehe maybe u guys should take a few weeks break off daoc :p

I always log when I get angry about ppl keep fucking things up/zerg/lame ppl etc ..

but well that is just me ^^

Taniko

Fledgling Freddie
I can't save up my anger, always just yell in the moment. Right here and right now.. it has to get out asap.. :twak:

Limbonic

Loyal Freddie
The only thing that annoys me from time to time is when i get owned big time and the person do /laugh afterwards ;) But that´s maybe 1 time out of 100...other then that there is nothing that can enrage me in daoc. :)

Taniko

Fledgling Freddie
Limbonic said:
The only thing that annoys me from time to time is when i get owned big time and the person do /laugh afterwards ;) But that´s maybe 1 time out of 100...other then that there is nothing that can enrage me in daoc. :)
Play Camlann imo.. That'll piss ya off :flame:

Nomans Land

One of Freddy's beloved
For the anger part I just yell quite a few swear words at the computer and then hit the keyboard... Cant really break anything as I have no job to pay for anything lol.

Quit DAoC for 3months and came back because I ran out of other stuff to do. But given the chance to go outside... I take it.

And someone said before about people that watch tv... this is what gets me... That people who come home and watch tv call me who come home and play computer Nerds or the like. I mean WTF get a life, their doing the exact same thing apart from their watching and not interacting as we are.

The GF part is hard coz she hates this game coz I play it so much and dont ever talk to her on MSN no more coz im on this instead. But like that matters any more coz she never comes online. And shes never down at my house coz she thinks my mum hates her so I can play anyway when I want lol =)

And have a fone beside me in my room so can sit and play DAoC and if she fones talk to her too.

\o/

Sanzor

Fledgling Freddie
Cba to destroy my stuff, if something goes wrong in daoc. I either just whine, leave whatever im doing...grab a coke and im done :-P

wonderboy

Fledgling Freddie
Tay said:
Have you noticed that some of the most notorious people in history are very placid right up to the point where they snapped and killed everyone in view....

care to name a few? im sure there are some of course, but i'm just curious ;)

Cracked

Fledgling Freddie
Limbonic said:

/laughing at my dead body can make me soooo.. pissed off, atleast if i dont deserve it. If i play like a goose it's ok, i deserved it. I dont destroy stuff but I usually make it my lifes mission to kill the guy who did the laughing. Example, laughspammer is in a zerg, ill PA/CD the mofo and hope i get him down before zerg kills me, i die, i come back and do the same thing again...and again... and again. Then he prolly hates me alot and im happy, or he left the frontiers. :> Atleast i feel better about it.

rales

Loyal Freddie
haha well i broke 2 mouses but not keyboards just yet...
:clap:

tedStar

Fledgling Freddie
Ummmm... i shoot stuff, sometimes it shatters, other times it bounces back and hits me... which pisses me off even more. Air Pellet guns are the shizz :p Other times I kick my boxing bag...

I'd hate to bust summat on my pc, i'd have to hit myself then

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
-One computer table.
Frustration after getting farmed for the 8'th time by the same guy...
fuc**g Ikea bad quality.

-One toenail.
i forgot about the big metal box under my computer table when letting out some random-group frustration...

-Terrified cat.
almost rolled over it with my chair when throwing myself away from the computer after having died the 7'nth or 8'th time with less than 0.2 tnl on the freaking grovewoods in MT.Collory with my ranger.

Usually when i get frustrated i just log off, go for a walk, only to log back on some hours later, annoyed over the rp/xp i missed in my downtime :< (sometimes that serious, its an addictive game ;o)

Glacier

Fledgling Freddie
Taniko said:
I usually just snatch the closest thing on the table and throw it with all the power that I have, then throw me self into bed, covering my mouth in pillows and then screeeeaaaam all that my lungs can bear. r0x0r :D

lol :worthy:

Funkybunny

Banned
i never broke anything (except im slowly destroying my chair by sitting in it wayyyyyyy to much)... i usually just shout out loud if i feel that the death was unfair (wich it alway is!!! i rush in to 300 albs, ofc the healer should be able to heal me, damn afk'er!!! :p)

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Anger is so fun :D Especially when you break things like: 2 keyboards, 3 mouses (expensive ones :s) 1 mouspad (Icemat.. smoooth one, totally new.. like 3 days old when I broke the glass), my fist (I'm not a fighter irl at all, but.. it sounds cool to say ), my chair + other random accesories on my table.

Impressive work Taniko.

Glacier said:
-One computer table.
Frustration after getting farmed for the 8'th time by the same guy...
fuc**g Ikea bad quality.
I had my computer at Glacier's at this time, and I think it was worth being killed that many times just to see his desk break. :clap:

I usually dont break stuff, but that prolly because Im too weak... or hopefully because my mouse\keyboard is of exeptional quality. :p

Ilienwyn

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
i never broke anything (except im slowly destroying my chair by sitting in it wayyyyyyy to much)... i usually just shout out loud if i feel that the death was unfair (wich it alway is!!! i rush in to 300 albs, ofc the healer should be able to heal me, damn afk'er!!! :p)

You should see me rushing in enemies. It's unbelievable to play in caster groups most of the times and die more times (double or even more) than any of them dies!!

As for anger, well, what do we have mirc for?? :D
First days I used to whine a lot and get people quite pissed. Now, I got used to the frustration and just trying for the best!! Only give me decent rvr group and the rest is details :)

Z^^

Can't get enough of FH
2-3 keyboards anger and rage if i looses some ppls air on ventrilo
flame on #celticwajn and additional QQ added on /g.. :D

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
lathoniel said:
scar time.. went berserk the other day, grabbed keyboard smashed against desk, big chunk of desk fell off, stwpid chipboard. went even more nuts , threw something across the landing (piece of deks iirc) made a little hole in wall. ok.. calmed down. muttering obsenities, got me poly-filler and scraper thing, started filling small hole, went mad, started banging the scraper at the hole, now big hole. missus hasnt noticed thank fek. good job there was some spare concrete out back.

erm wall behind monitors getting a bit banged up too. good things these microsoft optic mice, ive beaten it to death using my best conan mace impression and it never broke (touch wood)

oh ye, booted my pc once and lost the HD.
U r in serious need of help tbh... Unless ur just roleplaying irl being mad...

Amadon

Fledgling Freddie
In game I get quiet first (trying to restrain myself), if people carry on then I start whining like something unreal and say a lot of shit I regret later, but at least it's out of my system. Once I quit the game tho, I cool off pretty quickly, unless I'm really pissed off and then it can take like 10 min for me to cool off :p

Never broken anything though, if I really get THAT pissed off then I'd rather sit back and try figure out why I care :p

Aeicaan

One of Freddy's beloved
prozax got so mad at blazie one day when we where rvring i fink and throw a chair towards him, but somehow he managed to make a big fucking hole in the roof :twak:

Kurik

Fledgling Freddie
i used to hit my monitor when i got really really upset.. but that was pretty unusual, so one day my 19'' monitor stops working, not 100% sure it was from all banging, as i didnt bang it when it stopped functioning. :( i miss my wubly monitor.

Karnat

Fledgling Freddie
kirennia said:
lol, such anger :D

I just sit here and fester and play the guitar to take out my anger. I guess that could do more then physical damage to those around me though :(

rofl :fluffle:

I only yell End ENd ENd ffs ENd irl sometimes and then calm down...

Alme

Fledgling Freddie
i used to get pissed and slam my mouse into the table, but since it broke and i had to buy a new one im much calmer xD Normaly i just pm some dood in guild and tells em how retarded some ppl are ;> what really pissed me off tho is lying (HI KRANE) or when ppl cant listen. Then i realllyyy gotta breath deep a cpl of times so i dont destroy some random thing in my room.

rvn

One of Freddy's beloved
1 keayboard cause the coke tilted on the keyboard after dashing desk.
had to change the laptop hdd when i smashed the laptop, cause it was loading so EXTREMELY slow + getting killed for the 15th time by rambo and his stealth zerg on prydwen :p and wakeing up the neighbours numerous times after screaming in the middle of the night :eek: (ld-exp death a few times etc is very enjoyable - not)

Merrilow

Fledgling Freddie
Leading ML raids :( normally just shout at my officers in /o until they calm me down :fluffle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom