Daoc - addictive or just a break from the mundane

lathoniel

Fledgling Freddie
2years, 1 long term relationship, 2 jobs and another relationship going through the 'you always wanna spend time on that computer rather than me' phase. if i wasnt searching for that ultimate rr10, would i b a scientist, a galactic genius, a great lover(i used to b, swear it) or an foreign diplomat sorting out the worlds social problems. thing is, cant remember if i always enjoyed sitting on my idle ass more than erm... something else. i think tho, i coulda done summit else more constructive.

but would i have enjoyed it?

btw, does anyone else smash their keyboards up when they get killed. 4th keyboard this year alone, damn them keys get everywhere.

GrymulvWilk

Fledgling Freddie
6 keyboards (tho i usually play on 3 pc´s)
once laptop in reparation
2 chairs
few broken glasses

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
havnt smashed my keyboard :p
i sum time punch it though :)
1 broken chair...but thats from leaning bak

lathoniel

Fledgling Freddie
scar time.. went berserk the other day, grabbed keyboard smashed against desk, big chunk of desk fell off, stwpid chipboard. went even more nuts , threw something across the landing (piece of deks iirc) made a little hole in wall. ok.. calmed down. muttering obsenities, got me poly-filler and scraper thing, started filling small hole, went mad, started banging the scraper at the hole, now big hole. missus hasnt noticed thank fek. good job there was some spare concrete out back.

erm wall behind monitors getting a bit banged up too. good things these microsoft optic mice, ive beaten it to death using my best conan mace impression and it never broke (touch wood)

oh ye, booted my pc once and lost the HD.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
lol, such anger :D

I just sit here and fester and play the guitar to take out my anger. I guess that could do more then physical damage to those around me though :(

Asha

Fledgling Freddie
maybe it's the lack of testosterone but I have never had the urge to hit anything after losing...
except mad maybe
If I did I would go take a walk or something :) That sounds a tad unhealthy :p

Belomar

Part of the furniture
Never broke anything while playing DAoC, although I've had occasions of having difficulties calming down enough to sleep afterwards. ;)

swords

Can't get enough of FH
I got a bit pissed off on ML3 and hit my pillow a few times just to vent some frustration.
Nothing major though as i generally cope well with stress.

harebear

Fledgling Freddie
i have cracked the wall near comp but thats it, when i get angry i just hit it a few times and feel all bubbly! :p

kirennia

Part of the furniture
swords said:
I got a bit pissed off on ML3 and hit my pillow a few times just to vent some frustration.
Nothing major though as i generally cope well with stress.

Hope that wasn't on one of my raids.....making idle banter >>> getting upset on raids :D

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
I remember one time when exioce didnt win mezz vs some noobs

So I killed him

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
1 PC - the plastic thingies holding my processer's cooling fan in place snapped and it fell off (the fan) leaving a big dent in my Graphics card and turning my processer & motherboard into the silicon equivilent of slag. The only things I were able to salvage were afore mentioned graphics card (though it now over-heats :() and the ram which wasn't compatable with the replacement motherboard I got anyway :/

1 Inflatable Punching Bag - not PC related, but I was taking out some agression on it after a particularly annoying encounter with one of the many, many people who know more than you but are too lazy (or lack the confidence) to arrange their own raids and so make up for this by explaining what you should and shouldn't have done after every single GOD DAMN MOB!!!!!!!!... make that 2 inflatable punching bags ;)

1 Keyboard - LDed during a lotto, logged back in but the item I wanted had already been lotto'd off so I never even had a chance to roll. Kind of frustrating especially when you've been having a shitty day anyway.

judas

One of Freddy's beloved
you guys never heard Ruune loose a fight we should have won.
when he goes into Ragemode you dont want to be on the same Vent as he...

as for addiction i must say im sure most of us have it, as most ppl who quit
allways comes back after a few months. i was abel to stay away from daoc for 3months due to not have internet access but as soon as i got it, it was straight back to daoc.
1st year was realy fun then i spent most of my time chatting or ideling
farming some rare mobs in the middel of nowere in SI wasent that fun but i still dident want to do anything else.
dont usualy get agressive from stuff ingame exept a few times.
and of them it was mostly on my brother or anyother guilde when i was tierd or hungry.

Jika

Fledgling Freddie
1 - MX300 mouse ..
1 - Intel 3.0 mouse ..
1 - keyboard

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
One door, got pissed & kicked it and it broke :(

and one keyboard but that was cause I spilled some liquid to it.

And yeah, I´m addicted, I´ve quit few times but when I have I havent found anything else to do :mad:

Archeon

Fledgling Freddie
Coim said:
Getting upset over a game is just wrong. :eek:

Everyone has limits to their patience, you make an emotional investment in the game and at times it is frustrating. I assume as well when using the term game you also mean stuff like Football... Tennis... Rugby... And of course, that would also include spectating... I mean it would be wrong to get upset over a game of football your watching wouldn't it? :D

Chilly

Balls of steel
spilt beer in on m laptop keyboard but my super quick thinking saved the say, was in the middle of an rvr fight and just yanked the battery and left it upside down everyhtingopneded up on a towl in the airign cupbored fora week, was too scared to risk turning it on b4 then as the warantee had just run out and it costs a good £2.3k so not keen to nuke it quite yet :p

Phixion

One of Freddy's beloved
lathoniel said:
2years, 1 long term relationship, 2 jobs and another relationship going through the 'you always wanna spend time on that computer rather than me' phase. if i wasnt searching for that ultimate rr10, would i b a scientist, a galactic genius, a great lover(i used to b, swear it) or an foreign diplomat sorting out the worlds social problems. thing is, cant remember if i always enjoyed sitting on my idle ass more than erm... something else. i think tho, i coulda done summit else more constructive.

but would i have enjoyed it?

btw, does anyone else smash their keyboards up when they get killed. 4th keyboard this year alone, damn them keys get everywhere.

reminds me of the time i played Streetfighter 2 on the Sega... my control pads were so fux0red when i lost a fight - and i was only like 10, HAHAHAHA

Chasm

Loyal Freddie
i've never become that pissed off to smash stuff, althought sensi soccer claimed alot of M.I.A joysticks at the time :D

chipper

Can't get enough of FH
lost many a joypad playing golden eye or trying to get the ultimate lap record on super mario kart

as for giving up the real life stuff to play a computer game nah given the chance id rather go out everytime stayed away from daoc for over 6 months i didnt feel i had to come back was just fed up of SWG and needed a change of game

i reckon if i had a girlfriend who wanted me to spend more time with her i would but fuk her she aint havin all of it :)

its wonderful to be single no ties and free to have a 1 night stand with no danger of getting a big fuk off slap off the misuss :)

just remember a computer is no more addictive than tv look at all these sad twats who would giv there left bollox to watch coronation street now thats sad and definately needs psychiatric help imo :)

in daoc at least you lead a sort of existence where you decide what happens and you talk to real ppl

all ppl do with tv is sit there and dribble and rot there brains watching neurotic pricks lead shit lives

is it me or after watching 10 mins of eastenders you wanna put the entire square to death to put them out there misery, and ppl enjoy this and spend the entire next day talking about it o_O

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
chipper said:
just remember a computer is no more addictive than tv look at all these sad twats who would giv there left bollox to watch coronation street now thats sad and definately needs psychiatric help imo :)

in daoc at least you lead a sort of existence where you decide what happens and you talk to real ppl

all ppl do with tv is sit there and dribble and rot there brains watching neurotic pricks lead shit lives

is it me or after watching 10 mins of eastenders you wanna put the entire square to death to put them out there misery, and ppl enjoy this and spend the entire next day talking about it o_O

exactly, computer games are just another form of escapism, some people like to pry into the lives of fake people and others (us) escape to an online life for a few hours a day. Though saying that i think people must have something wrong with thier lives when they spend 18 hours a day 7 days a week playing daoc.
Its all about balance

Light

Loyal Freddie
Raven said:
Its all about balance

thats the key .. and i think most of us do have the balance right .. just like mythic has with savages

lol :)

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Usually hit my desk in anger. Once there was a screwdriver on the table and I smashed it. :(

DAoC hurts :p

Khale

Fledgling Freddie
And then to think I was angry :eek6: but seeing how much you guys smash up lol...

Chronictank

FH is my second home
Dont really break stuff when venting frustration...
But god help your soul if you hear me when im mad :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom