Daoc - addictive or just a break from the mundane

Mr.Brand

Fledgling Freddie
So much anger, and applied to inanimate objects!
Am I the only one who merely loses keyboards to food and fluids?

Xplo

Banned
Real life > daoc
I have fun playing daoc but anything RL comes first, even if I can get that uber item or any ML raid that I just can't miss...

Btw if i'm angry I just hit my screen, its very hard and I end up with a sore fist :(

Azmath/Delarith

Fledgling Freddie
i tryed hting screen before and fist went thow was a nice 6 hours spent in hospital tho tbh lol lot of stiches but iam lucky has not scared lol

Fedaykin

Fledgling Freddie
lol i go mad sometimes i remember i lost a fight to an archer once and i punched a hole in the plaster board of my wall. covered it with a photo though :)

if i lost a game to my little brother on my playstation i'd always go mad lol and i remember he beat me in a game of chess once and i threw the board in the air lol

some things just get me mad, especially my little brother beating me :D lol its funny htough realising how worked up i can get

Wot-do

Fledgling Freddie
never breaks anything irl when i get mad in daoc, i whine ingame instead :)
when i play sport games like nhl or fifa, i get really mad when i lose, and hit stuffs irl :D

Salamurhaaja

Fledgling Freddie
After Lathoniel grappling me few times (in same day if I remember right) I'd sure would have punched him in the face if he were in the same room as me then :touch:

After getting zerged I usually tend to walk in a circle in room to calm down and maybe getting something to drink / eat while waiting at pad.

Usually I'm kinda calm when playing and haven't broke anything, yet.

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
i dont break stuff really.
neitehr to i punch keyboard :p
i usally say 'fuck' irl though if summin bad happens, or like raise hands in frustrtion but im genrally a liad bak person irl and dont get stressed easily.

Stallion

Can't get enough of FH
Wot-do said:
never breaks anything irl when i get mad in daoc, i whine ingame instead :)
when i play sport games like nhl or fifa, i get really mad when i lose, and hit stuffs irl :D

hahaha )(

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
I usually log before i get really upset with anything. Ive hit my desk in frustration a couple times when ive ld'ed on raids, but never over anything actually happening ingame (such as losing fights or lottos etc). Im one of those ppl that just tend to go quiet when im in a bad mood.

As for addiction. DAoC addiction is a combination of different things
- the illusion of acheivment (no those rp's/items etc dont mean *anything* at all).
- the social obligations (you often log on just because its expected of you).
- the competition with both friends and "enemies".
- its so much easier (takes less energy) than doing stuff in real life.
- teamwork, beeing part of something greater than oneself.
- friends youve made over the years. People you are used to having in your life and like to chat with but cant unless your ingame.
- habit
- fun, when all of the above dont feel like a burden but instead makes your day better.

vintervargen

Banned
its weird cause i never get pissed irl, like getting mad and hit people and stuff. but daoc..

lucky im living in a villa atm, if it would be an apartement i would be outta there asap cause of disturbing neighbours :p

Shneddi

Fledgling Freddie
you say addiction , but it is not really addiction. Its just really the body wanting to play more DAoC... happens with sports etc as well... what fana said ;)

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Coim said:
Getting upset over a game is just wrong. :eek:
No it aint.

Have you noticed that some of the most notorious people in history are very placid right up to the point where they snapped and killed everyone in view....

As for me, slammed a coupla keyboards down after LDing or server crashes at really really bad times, and lobbing my mouse over my desk in a huff, only to realise it did actually cost me a feckin shed load then frantically trying to get it back before I did further dmg to it.

Tay

Grumpy old fecker
Archeon said:
Everyone has limits to their patience, you make an emotional investment in the game and at times it is frustrating. I assume as well when using the term game you also mean stuff like Football... Tennis... Rugby... And of course, that would also include spectating... I mean it would be wrong to get upset over a game of football your watching wouldn't it? :D
Nah that would be completely and utterly pathetic wouldnt it.... :touch:

Getting upset over something you have absolutly no control over, who would be that stupid???

Netcode

Can't get enough of FH
Bah i use the irc when i get angry and just pick some dude that sounds funky and start harrasing him :p

But when i played Counterstrike there was like a new mouse every week.

:touch:

Hakansson

Fledgling Freddie
Im pretty cool when playing daoc , nothing have rly been broken yet ^^ only few keys from keyboard....

Tho cs....*sight* like 2 keyboards , one table , don't know how many of em mice's, hole's in wall after punching screen so it flies in the wall =oP , monitor ain't healthy after that either =oP , and no one want's to be near me while im having a bad day in cs :flame:

Jaem-

Can't get enough of FH
I get frustrated if its one of those nights when I'm just getting farmed 24/7, but usualy when I get pissed off with something irl, but usualy ends with kicking the desk or something, let out my anger :p

Aloca

Fledgling Freddie
Im one of those that cant care less about anything. I wount be mad. I get annoyed on people sometime but then i just cut em short.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
When i get mad i just whine on IRC,never broke or hit anything.:)

inviteme

Fledgling Freddie
once i hit my fist in the computer table with mediocre force, and that is and always will be the klimax of my daoc frustration i think.

Glumur

Fledgling Freddie
when i get frustrated i just go and play golf
and i have never broke one thing coz of daoc :m00:

Lorra

Fledgling Freddie
If ive learnt anything then it would be not to punch windows :?

Theseus

One of Freddy's beloved
i get pissed when i get 4runs in a row to emain and getting steamrolled by fg's before actually getting there...

Then i mostly will :
a) hit my keyboard (the part that is extra...to lay wrists on. The little clips to hold it to the main part are broken due to a punch after 2 weeks in possesion, but got some dubtabe on it and its fixed)

b) I pick up my cordless mouse and act like im gonna throw it threw the oh so thin glass off the closet in front off me. In the same week of the keyboard damaging i also smacked the mouse on my desk and the lit for the batteries broke off. Again, dubtabe did the trixx :p

In Real Life i almost never get pissed. My boundries are very wide.
My best made rally pissed me off once (we were 15)when he called my ex-gf a whore when we just got togheter. (the blind-stage) I chased em over the courtyard at school with a tomatoe-red-head and when i got him and was going for the kill i corrected my track and almost missed his shoulder (almost, so he had like a big ass broose (sp?) for 2 weeks, good thing i didnt hit his shoulder straight...)

So im pretty concious off my angy management...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom