daoc 2; return of the broken assassins ?

Zede

Part of the furniture
.....on topic again. When playing on my AM (lvl 30 atm) I can cope with WE's if I'm prepared for them. Just pop walk between worlds, dmg shileds and single target debuff and use the KB at the right time. That doesn't mean that I can kill them but rather keep myself up.

Here is the catch;

1) if there are 2 WE then I really need to run to keep myself alive and I can't.

2) If you play in a random scenario with people who don't give a rats ass if there healers get killed it's really frustrating

But if you play with friends using voice comm WE can be handled but they still get me from time to time which I think they should.

What is more annoying then WE's are actually when you see a choosen and a maruder running up in a pair towards you. They just make my keyboard black and I die 2 sec later. Haven't got a clue how to tackle that and by the way it happens even before the reach me.

On my RP in T3, and my AM in T2, I can kill every class. Its not easy and requires attention of course, but its a fair fight.

Come t4 and none of what you have learnt means shit.

Nate

FH is my second home
I do not kill tanks, I am not specced to do so. You don't have anything constructive to say about the class at all. Show my posts moaning about order classes abilities? I have not made any because I don't get that worked up about dying on a computer game. Plenty of good healers out there that don't die in seconds to WE's/WH's but I guess you don't want people with skill to get any bonus for being good?

People complaining are nothing but average players wanting an I don't die class. Yuo totally negate the fact the important abilities don't even work well, Stealth randomly drops, fleet footed does not remove snares, perma disabled for 15 seconds. The list goes on, yet all you do is complain because you die to a WE.

As I said in my other post, I don't think WE's should be able to kill tanks. However a WE (well played) should be able to kill a Badly played tank. AS for Casters and mister Zede, Healers should be dying to We's more times than not, as I have already informed you there are plenty healers playing on Karak Hirn that are capable of fending off a WE or biding there time for help to come. But because you cannot you want us destroyed.
Here we go with the personal insults again, if you can't put your point forward just tell the guy he sucks and needs to l2p right? I don't see how I'm not being constructive, I've pointed out the things that in my opinion are overpowered and need changing here. I don't think I'm getting worked up about it, I'm discussing things and your the one telling everyone they are wrong and need to get a clue.

I don't think I ever said I always die to a Witch Elf in 3seconds or that because I don't play Karak Hirn I'm not one of those healers that is capable of fending off a WE, quite often I do survive and live to fight another day. I do think that Witch Elves need toning down though as I've pointed out previously.

It's fine that you guys have bugs, so do all careers and I hope they all get fixed. The AM Spirit Debuff actually increases the targets spirit resist, the mechanic is completely fucked, we look like we just made our characters in tier 4.

the same is true of WH tbh.

I think he's got a point (but then i would - I've tried keeping him alive for 5 minutes and it's f****g hard mate)
I agree, I have a WH to look after and he goes down like a curry after a night out.

My issue with this argument is that it's a daft argument. We're complaining about a single target, predominantly solo class being balanced 1v1 when the game is aimed around large group combat.
My main issue is the amount of dps they can put out currently must be far too much then what Mythic intended. A Witch Elf should not be proc'ing Kisses on every hit, yet from combat logs I can see if not all the time it does hit a hell of a lot.[/quote]

I also hate to say it but if abilities piss you in tier3 you will find tier4 a right pita. Perma disabling and cc is a big issue atm and I hope mythic fix it before people get pissed off waiting and leave.

It's pointless giving us MORE melee dps whilst the game is in it's current state. Right now ranged DPS has a field day with the volume of knock back, knock down, stun, disable, disarm available in rvr.

M
I gained 40 on my AM a few weeks after release, I think your mistaking me for the one I quoted. I hope the patch notes we're expecting on the 29th will change the game around a little bit as in 6v6 currently you'll find mdps groups will always win.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
You dont think through your posts do you ?

You dont moan and shouldnt moan about any order classes, now BW are nerfed to hell. You are top dog, king of the hill, dps supremo, lord of the manor. Are you so DUMB you dont understand mmorpg mechanics ? You honestly think its a mistake by mythic having a sexy duel weilding ( now who is that going to appeal to ? oh wait...) insanely powerful stealther class ?

The WE is there on purpose purely to appeal to people like you. You have a very large demographic that wants, nay demands a class like the WE, as they have had in every other mmo. Mythic are in it for the MONEY, and if have stupidly powered WEs for the first year attracts 20% more revenue, they will do, and have.

Attempting to argue when the reason for your OPness is a commercial one, is well...more the fool you. You whine about stealth abilities not being "on par" comapred to other mmo's In your world the WE should have substantially more abilities, not less.

your pathetic

What are you on about. The stealth capabilities are not even close to being on par with other mmo's. Bw's were broke fact. They got put into their proper bracket. The good Bw's are still doing what they did, the kids that wanted OP char's rerolled. Your problem is you look at scenarios damage output as something that matters, I don't it means nothing.

I am not whining about our stealth abilities there are fine the way they are, just stop pretending we can run around and do what we want, when we want, because we can't.two healers and a tank should not get beat off two stealth chars. Good healers would be in opposite directions to each other maximising the range the enemies had to cover to even ge close to hitting them.

No shit mythic are in it for the money, I guess you go to work for the pussy do ya? every business exists to make money, you bought into what they were selling if you don't like it fuck off it's kinda simple. I bet you don't post on the tesco forums if your dinner is shit do you?

Anyway I won't be replying to you anymore, I want my class to be as balanced as it can be and you want it removed from the game.

Calaen

My main issue is the amount of dps they can put out currently must be far too much then what Mythic intended. A Witch Elf should not be proc'ing Kisses on every hit, yet from combat logs I can see if not all the time it does hit a hell of a lot.

That's the thing though they only proc that much if you choose the extra 25% chance tactic on kisses. Most good We's don't even run with that up because they use the % chance to crit and 50% more crit damage on crit.

It's a spec option, if the kisses are proccing more than they should be I don't disagree they should be fixed, however 50% chance to proc on a class with two weapons swinging at a silly speed is always going to be a high output. I don't think the kisses should be unmitigated either I would be fine with a base damage per hit based on armour.

The problem they have created with the kisses is that WE's for example can grab items that allow them at rr47 to have a crit chance of upwards of 50% that is not the WE's fault it's bad design.

My problem is not with you Nate, it's with a healer complaining about not standing a chance against WE's 1 v 1 people we get the jump on should die more times than not (tanks not included unless player ability is legions apart) However there is always the element of them getting away, someone else coming to there help and you respawning and running out again.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I gained 40 on my AM a few weeks after release, I think your mistaking me for the one I quoted. I hope the patch notes we're expecting on the 29th will change the game around a little bit as in 6v6 currently you'll find mdps groups will always win.

Hi mate

Yeah my quote didn't work - I was replying to klesa with that point.

I don't want to go too far off topic but it's interesting to see the order viewpoint on the whole melee side of things. I know on hirn - order (imo) seem to be make better use of their classes in premades than we (destruction) do. That might be just me and just my perception from playing (mainly in pugs) in scenarios vs Order premades where this impression is formed.

In large scale orvr it tends to go with whoever has the numbers and whoever manages to split the opposition up to gain the temporary advantage necesarry to swing the fight their way.

M

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Both classes will soon get brought in line, keep in mind this quote.
So we gonna soon see more and more pack of em running around (Stealth zergs 2.0 inc).
At least i won't bite my keyboard if i get jumped by 3 wes and die.
But 1 vs 1, honestly, they are atm to be toned down, especially against tanks (a class they AREN'T in any way supposed to kill cause they should be their anti-archetype).

Zede

Part of the furniture
What are you on about. The stealth capabilities are not even close to being on par with other mmo's. Bw's were broke fact. They got put into their proper bracket. The good Bw's are still doing what they did, the kids that wanted OP char's rerolled. Your problem is you look at scenarios damage output as something that matters, I don't it means nothing.

I am not whining about our stealth abilities there are fine the way they are, just stop pretending we can run around and do what we want, when we want, because we can't.two healers and a tank should not get beat off two stealth chars. Good healers would be in opposite directions to each other maximising the range the enemies had to cover to even ge close to hitting them.

No shit mythic are in it for the money, I guess you go to work for the pussy do ya? every business exists to make money, you bought into what they were selling if you don't like it fuck off it's kinda simple. I bet you don't post on the tesco forums if your dinner is shit do you?

Anyway I won't be replying to you anymore, I want my class to be as balanced as it can be and you want it removed from the game.

WEs are broke, fact.

GET THIS INTO YOUR TINY TINY BRAIN

Calaen

There is a difference between broken and overpowered (working as intended)

Actually read my posts, I don't think Tanks should be dying to WE's (in 95%) of fights.

Based on the fact I get zero armour and have to be in melee range I should do massive burst damage and have a means to get near my target (bye bye squishies.) At the end of the day it's a team focused game, if your team members cannot respond in time to stop a WE from killing you, it is not just because the WE is over powered. I speak from experience because against set groups the rest of the team are on you before you know whats happening.

It's the typical mmo whine though, this class does more damage than mine yada yada yada. No two classes should be the same, that is the beauty of this game for me, I can fight a WL and win, and the next WL I fight is specced totally different and I eat the dirt. If you want like for like characters and abilities you should not have left wow.

I will continue playing after whatever fix they implement and I will continue to defend the class when I am still killing anyone that does not know how to play his class properly.

I know your kind though, you could not hack playing a WE because you die way to much.

Zede

Part of the furniture
There is a difference between broken and overpowered (working as intended)

Actually read my posts, I don't think Tanks should be dying to WE's (in 95%) of fights.

Based on the fact I get zero armour and have to be in melee range I should do massive burst damage and have a means to get near my target (bye bye squishies.) At the end of the day it's a team focused game, if your team members cannot respond in time to stop a WE from killing you, it is not just because the WE is over powered. I speak from experience because against set groups the rest of the team are on you before you know whats happening.

It's the typical mmo whine though, this class does more damage than mine yada yada yada. No two classes should be the same, that is the beauty of this game for me, I can fight a WL and win, and the next WL I fight is specced totally different and I eat the dirt. If you want like for like characters and abilities you should not have left wow.

I will continue playing after whatever fix they implement and I will continue to defend the class when I am still killing anyone that does not know how to play his class properly.

I know your kind though, you could not hack playing a WE because you die way to much.

I had to reply, sorry. Any post that makes me laugh out loud always deserves +1 rep.

As Nate pointed out, its your hilarious school yard petty insults. Are you are aware your sounding like a 10 year old ? really, are you ?

Read your last sentance please, like my 8 year old niece does when shes moody - did you stick your tounge out when typing it ?

Calaen

shush piss ant.

I think if you look back at your original repsonse to my perfectly fine post, you started with the shut up dont tell me I HAVE A LORD horse shit.

You have also not come up with anything other than I die to WE's.

Your's and Nates comments are totally different and I didn't disagree with natea bout tanks dying.

Zede

Part of the furniture
shush piss ant.

I think if you look back at your original repsonse to my perfectly fine post, you started with the shut up dont tell me I HAVE A LORD horse shit.

You have also not come up with anything other than I die to WE's.

Your's and Nates comments are totally different and I didn't disagree with natea bout tanks dying.

Look this word up, its called "arrogance"

A perfectly fine post In your Opinion

You might need this

Buy D-Handle Round Point Shovels at Hardware World - The world's #1 home hardware site

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Pack it in, both of you.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Any bloke who plays a semi naked woman who savages everything in its path in an internet game has serious mother/girlfriend issues.

End of.

What scares me is there are women playing witch elves.....

Calaen

Look this word up, its called "arrogance"

A perfectly fine post In your Opinion

You might need this

Buy D-Handle Round Point Shovels at Hardware World - The world's #1 home hardware site

Still no facts about WE though?

Your only argument that WE's are broken is the fact that you have played a lot of mmo's and got characters up to the highest level, forgive me for being suspect, I witness hordes of players from both sides every night grinding themselves up to rr80 via undefended keeps and bo's these people do not have a valid opinion when it comes to class balance in orvr. They die when jumped because the are not used to the enemy actually fighting back.

You can link as much trash as you want, WE's and WH's are not going anywhere which is a shame really I guess you won't be coming back.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Still no facts about WE though?

Your only argument that WE's are broken is the fact that you have played a lot of mmo's and got characters up to the highest level, forgive me for being suspect, I witness hordes of players from both sides every night grinding themselves up to rr80 via undefended keeps and bo's these people do not have a valid opinion when it comes to class balance in orvr. They die when jumped because the are not used to the enemy actually fighting back.

You can link as much trash as you want, WE's and WH's are not going anywhere which is a shame really I guess you won't be coming back.

Take a look over at the DPS runepriest thread on the order section.

Goa thought my ideas valid enough to be included in an official guide to runepriests on the official site

I do not need to number crunch to prove a point, as my pvp-peen thread suggests.

And as I have a Lord & been plaudited by GoA themselves, it has to said,

MY COCK IS BIGGER THAN YOURS, no matter what you say :ninja:

Jup is gonna kick my ass now...

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Jup is gonna kick my ass now...

but only because he plays an overpowered WE... am I rite?

New and improved Zede now comes with the official GOA seal of approval which guarantees all forum post meet GOA's high standard in reliability and accuracy!

On topic: Stealthers are an inherently broken class in a game based around group combat. They will never be balanced because people won't play them if they can't beat most people 1v1. However if they can choose their fights AND win most of them it does make them to powerful.

The stealther does seem to be ingame to appeal to the player who thinks they are alot better than they are. It can get alot of easy kills but it doesn't have too much of an impact on the group and larger scale battles.

If they were to balance stealthers so they had to use their stealth to find and kill injured (otherwise distracted) players then they would become very unpopular to play and considered griefers by many.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
but stealthers are griefers, used to maximum effect they attack when the people will feel it most (ie bashing a healer when rest of group grapling with enemy) and ive yet to see an mmo where its done well or not whined about incessantly, without them alot of people wouldnt play

and well, mythic aren't in the habit of swinging the nerf bat until they have an alternative for those sort of people to jump on (player: hey zerkers are nerfed! mythic: try then new savage class! player: nerf BW! mythic: err have some knights and dark elves to play with player: nerf stealth! mythic: Choppas and Slayers anyone?!?)

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I always get suspicious when players who are very active in pvp switch to the same sorts of classes.

Loads of Squig herders lvling to 40 atm. There's a whole new batch of WP and WL too on order side. Possibly coincidence? Unlikely given the names of some of the players who've rolled alts and "retired" their mains.

M

Calaen

On topic: Stealthers are an inherently broken class in a game based around group combat. They will never be balanced because people won't play them if they can't beat most people 1v1. However if they can choose their fights AND win most of them it does make them to powerful.

The stealther does seem to be ingame to appeal to the player who thinks they are alot better than they are. It can get alot of easy kills but it doesn't have too much of an impact on the group and larger scale battles.

If they were to balance stealthers so they had to use their stealth to find and kill injured (otherwise distracted) players then they would become very unpopular to play and considered griefers by many.

Surely that's the balance though, you are sacrificing the safety of running with tanks, healers and rdps. For a very short life span in most cases. The majority of other classes do not run around on their own because of their group utility. So anyone dying to a stealther is in fact not playing their class to it's strengths.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Surely that's the balance though, you are sacrificing the safety of running with tanks, healers and rdps. For a very short life span in most cases. The majority of other classes do not run around on their own because of their group utility. So anyone dying to a stealther is in fact not playing their class to it's strengths.

Your profile says you have a massive cock. I hope that makes up for what you are lacking in other departments.

Calaen

Your profile says you have a massive cock. I hope that makes up for what you are lacking in other departments.

Nice coming from a WH, who also seem to find it possible to kill tanks on Karak Hirn. Ah it's fine if it's on your realm :p

Zede

Part of the furniture
but only because he plays an overpowered WE... am I rite?

New and improved Zede now comes with the official GOA seal of approval which guarantees all forum post meet GOA's high standard in reliability and accuracy!

no, because im being very childish in this thread, all hail the anonymity of the interwebs.

Sharkith

Can't get enough of FH
Nice coming from a WH, who also seem to find it possible to kill tanks on Karak Hirn. Ah it's fine if it's on your realm :p

Dude I have no clue what your on about. I don't even care. Its one thing to have a big cock its another thing to be one I guess..

Calaen

I am defending WE's and WH's from players that are complaining at getting killed one v one.

You keep talking about my cock send me your email address and I'll give you a picture if you want it so bad.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
I am defending WE's and WH's from players that are complaining at getting killed one v one.

You keep talking about my cock send me your email address and I'll give you a picture if you want it so bad.

Hope you didn't really get it :ninja:
If not wtf :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom