daoc 2; return of the broken assassins ?

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
And for gods sake remove the movement dot from both classes, it's the biggest source of whine against them both by far (i'm saying remove it and i have a 40WH - although admittedly it's not of that much use to us with the fleet foot bug on the WE currently admittedly)

been playing against a few WH's with my marauder and if u know u have it on you its not that bad i've found, Touch of rot is probably worse. you take some decent damage everytime you use a melee ability. and WH's use those alot. so they are probably taking alot more damage from that then i do from their movement dot as all i do is spin around on the spot.

granted it can be a pain when i play a real squishy but then again i'd probably die against a WH even if i didnt have that dot on me.

that dot isnt the real issue, its their ignore armor abilities thats the main culprit

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
or you could just get better at your class :)

i've seen solo WE's and WH's aim for a heler inside a group and end up killing it before dropping himself.

and were talking about groups that usually KNOWS the stealther is around, so its not like he's got much of a surprise moment.

like i said, i'm happy most stealthers havent figured things out yet, but when they do were gonna see some massive nerfs incomming.

My comment was based on everyone wanting something that stops the WE/WH from being effective. It's the same every mmo people want hat other classes have, then they roll a WE and realise it's a pain in the arse unless you are fine with respawing a lot.

It's not difficult to bring a group down with a WE in the group, my goal is primarily gettin gto the healers bunched up at the back and taking one of them out while heal debuffing/getting the other healers attention.

Zede

Part of the furniture
lack of stealth was one of the main reason I wanted to play WAR.

Catering ( sorry jup) for the WoW 16 year old stealth WANKER demographic is one of the main reason i quit.

remove stealth, remove BOs, make rvr area 4 x bigger and I'll come back !

Calaen

Catering ( sorry jup) for the WoW 16 year old stealth WANKER demographic is one of the main reason i quit.

The stealth is nothing, using it as a whine is pathetic. It's a totally situational ability with a 30 seconds cooldown after you pop out of stealth. It lets you take the long way round enemies to get to the back of their defences and cause trouble, allowinga good group to players to benefit the disruption.

It's nothing like Cammy stealth or wow stealth. Neither are we/wh's like rogues from wow or stealthers from cammy. The rvr area is to big as it is, far to many zones for people to avoid each other. I agree with removal of Bo's or at least remove the rp bonus for taking them.

Everz

FH is my second home

WAR is as good as finished as far as im concerned. Long live DAOC US :clap:

Tallen

Fledgling Freddie

Catering ( sorry jup) for the DAoC 16 year old stealth WANKER demographic is one of the main reason i quit.

Fixed ;)

Zede

Part of the furniture
The stealth is nothing, using it as a whine is pathetic. It's a totally situational ability with a 30 seconds cooldown after you pop out of stealth. It lets you take the long way round enemies to get to the back of their defences and cause trouble, allowinga good group to players to benefit the disruption.

It's nothing like Cammy stealth or wow stealth. Neither are we/wh's like rogues from wow or stealthers from cammy. The rvr area is to big as it is, far to many zones for people to avoid each other. I agree with removal of Bo's or at least remove the rp bonus for taking them.

Ive got a Lord in DaoC, a Priest in wow with 481 resil and 40 runepriest in DaoC.

Why the fuck do I need you to tell me what I already now ?

Your INVISIBLE, how many bloody ways do you need that explaining to you ?

here just for you : invisible synonym | Thesaurus.com

Im standing in front of a stealther in wow, war & daoc.

Can they be seen ? NO. Can they come up behind me in ALL cases & inflict silly damage before I can do ANYTHING ? YES.

now shut up.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Im standing in front of a stealther in wow, war & daoc.

Can they be seen ?

In WAR? Sure, sometimes, if they're lower level and/or you've got enough points in Initiative. Not saying you can target or attack them while they're stealthed, but if you're paying attention can often avoid them, or run so you're nearer your mates and healers before they close to attack.

I'm not saying the stealth classes are flawless in how they balance against other classes by any means, but they're nowhere near as broken as people seem to be suggesting.

On Calaen's note about RvR zones, yeah, they are too big in the lower tiers where most characters don't have mounts, and it is much too easy to avoid fighting whilst still achieving your objectives. The only low tier RvR lake I really rate, because it actually encourages fights, is New Emskrank. The BOs are close together so you're never far from the enemy, the area's interesting to fight in, offering a host of ways you can strategically use the terrain to your advantage, and there are more quests bringing people into the Nordlan/Norsca RvR fray than in any other pairing.

Mythic, if you want my advice, (which you probably don't,) scrap the T1 and T2 RvR zones in the other pairings and re-do them from scratch using Emskrank as your guide, and you'll be on a winner.

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Mythic, if you want my advice, (which you probably don't,) scrap the T1 and T2 RvR zones in the other pairings and re-do them from scratch using Emskrank as your guide, and you'll be on a winner.
:iagree:there is never anyone in the other rvr zones in t1

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
It lets you take the long way round enemies to get to the back of their defences and cause trouble, allowinga good group to players to benefit the disruption.

unless theres a savagery specced marauder in the group, he will more often then not see the WH. savagery gets a tactic wich gives initiative bonus = higher stealth detection. using that atm with some decent initiative gear and i can spot most WH's comming.

Calaen

unless theres a savagery specced marauder in the group, he will more often then not see the WH. savagery gets a tactic wich gives initiative bonus = higher stealth detection. using that atm with some decent initiative gear and i can spot most WH's comming.

Not saying most can't my point also covers Zede's comments.

It's not hard to get your initiative up to a level that allows us to be seen.

As for Zede's comments just because you have have spent x amount of hours playing mmo's that does not qualify you as the oracle. Try playing a stealth class in cammy, then wow then roll one on WAR it is nothing fucking like it. You don't have perma stealth with the ability to perma stun then blink away, so please you get a fucking clue.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
you want to make the RvR zones bigger? i thought the reason they were smaller is because mythic had learnt from people wandering around empty zones for hours in DAoC!

Calaen

you want to make the RvR zones bigger? i thought the reason they were smaller is because mythic had learnt from people wandering around empty zones for hours in DAoC!

HE CAN HAZ LORD ON CAMMY!!!!!!!!! He knows it all!!!!!

On a positive note the douche will stay away!!!

klasa

Loyal Freddie
.....on topic again. When playing on my AM (lvl 30 atm) I can cope with WE's if I'm prepared for them. Just pop walk between worlds, dmg shileds and single target debuff and use the KB at the right time. That doesn't mean that I can kill them but rather keep myself up.

Here is the catch;

1) if there are 2 WE then I really need to run to keep myself alive and I can't.

2) If you play in a random scenario with people who don't give a rats ass if there healers get killed it's really frustrating

But if you play with friends using voice comm WE can be handled but they still get me from time to time which I think they should.

What is more annoying then WE's are actually when you see a choosen and a maruder running up in a pair towards you. They just make my keyboard black and I die 2 sec later. Haven't got a clue how to tackle that and by the way it happens even before the reach me.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
you want to make the RvR zones bigger?

well that was Mythics intention at the beginning, to make the rvr zones bigger and bigger every tier u went up and the pve zones smaller and smaller.

Zede

Part of the furniture
Not saying most can't my point also covers Zede's comments.

It's not hard to get your initiative up to a level that allows us to be seen.

As for Zede's comments just because you have have spent x amount of hours playing mmo's that does not qualify you as the oracle. Try playing a stealth class in cammy, then wow then roll one on WAR it is nothing fucking like it. You don't have perma stealth with the ability to perma stun then blink away, so please you get a fucking clue.

Why the fuck would any healer, from any mmo get stealth detection up, so gimping far far more important stats ?

Your the type of cock head stealther who wanks off when you get a kill from stealth arnt you ?

Invisibility is invisibility, not my fault you cannot comprehend such elementary facts. Fact is - stealth classes cater for kids, its that simple.

I have maxed out character in all the mmos ive played, wtf have you ever done ? PA'd a few clothies ? gratz on your achievements.

Calaen

Why the fuck would any healer, from any mmo get stealth detection up, so gimping far far more important stats ?

Your the type of cock head stealther who wanks off when you get a kill from stealth arnt you ?

Invisibility is invisibility, not my fault you cannot comprehend such elementary facts. Fact is - stealth classes cater for kids, its that simple.

I have maxed out character in all the mmos ive played, wtf have you ever done ? PA'd a few clothies ? gratz on your achievements.

No I was getting laid while you were getting Lord, that rates higher in my real life opinion!!!

Any healer shouldn't be running around on his own if you are you deserve to die. If you are in a group and you still die to a single WE you are (a) a shit healer (b) in a shit group (c) in a shit group and are a shit healer.

As the guy above has posted healers get enough to stop WE's from killing them and can delay a WE sufficiently so that anyone with half a clue can respond and help out. Stop blaming a classes mechanics because you play bad.

Nate

FH is my second home
The guy plays in Tier 3, it's a different ball game. I just like how anything anyone says against stealthers you jump on Calaen. Just another troll. You see no room for error in your judgement on how the game currently is, you are right and anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong. A Witch Elf can kill a tank(and you'll find it does quite often), thats not supposed to happen, and no it's not because the WE is skilled and the Tank needs to get a clue.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
well that was Mythics intention at the beginning, to make the rvr zones bigger and bigger every tier u went up and the pve zones smaller and smaller.

well yes, but they set up the whole zone lock thingymabob (and lets not get into that kettle of fish here!) so the fighting would be more concentrated than daoc where you could spend two hours wandering about, then find one person kill them or be killed, then wander around for ages again trying to find other people :p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Calm the posting down a bit please guys... :twak:

Calaen

The guy plays in Tier 3, it's a different ball game. I just like how anything anyone says against stealthers you jump on Calaen. Just another troll. You see no room for error in your judgement on how the game currently is, you are right and anyone that thinks otherwise is wrong. A Witch Elf can kill a tank(and you'll find it does quite often), thats not supposed to happen, and no it's not because the WE is skilled and the Tank needs to get a clue.

I do not kill tanks, I am not specced to do so. You don't have anything constructive to say about the class at all. Show my posts moaning about order classes abilities? I have not made any because I don't get that worked up about dying on a computer game. Plenty of good healers out there that don't die in seconds to WE's/WH's but I guess you don't want people with skill to get any bonus for being good?

People complaining are nothing but average players wanting an I don't die class. Yuo totally negate the fact the important abilities don't even work well, Stealth randomly drops, fleet footed does not remove snares, perma disabled for 15 seconds. The list goes on, yet all you do is complain because you die to a WE.

As I said in my other post, I don't think WE's should be able to kill tanks. However a WE (well played) should be able to kill a Badly played tank. AS for Casters and mister Zede, Healers should be dying to We's more times than not, as I have already informed you there are plenty healers playing on Karak Hirn that are capable of fending off a WE or biding there time for help to come. But because you cannot you want us destroyed.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved

the same is true of WH tbh.

I think he's got a point (but then i would - I've tried keeping him alive for 5 minutes and it's f****g hard mate)

WE like WH are awesome single target dps. They've got great 1v1 ability. Chuck a group at them and they'll get twatted very quickly and unless they have 5 healers on them they die horribly.

A tank on the other hand has pathetic 1on1 ability but give him a healer or two and he can and will demolish 2/3 witch hunters/ witch elves.

My issue with this argument is that it's a daft argument. We're complaining about a single target, predominantly solo class being balanced 1v1 when the game is aimed around large group combat.

WE/WH are supposed to be nails because they have a tiny but deadly role to play in rvr. I prefer playing my shammy or my marauder although I have alts (albeit low level) of most classes in game because I like seeing how each classes mechanics work.

I also hate to say it but if abilities piss you in tier3 you will find tier4 a right pita. Perma disabling and cc is a big issue atm and I hope mythic fix it before people get pissed off waiting and leave.

It's pointless giving us MORE melee dps whilst the game is in it's current state. Right now ranged DPS has a field day with the volume of knock back, knock down, stun, disable, disarm available in rvr.

M

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>
A tank on the other hand has pathetic 1on1 ability but give him a healer or two and he can and will demolish 2/3 witch hunters/ witch elves.
<snip>

A tank with 2 healers will get destroyed if they face a group of 3 Witch Elves.

klasa

Loyal Freddie
That's what I'm afriad of. High level maruders and choosen in T3 with their AoE disrupt abilites are much worse then WE.

I'm not a leet player and I'm not in T4 with my Archmage yet but in T3 I've learnt how to tackle WE. With good support around me I stand a chance to stay a live long enough for the WE to get killed

When I see a Choosen and a Maruder moving in sync towards me, dumping CC abilites before they reech me I am clue less. I haven't figured out a way to counter that and it means 100% certain death. I hear that CC becomes even worse in T4 and therfore my bet is that CC is gonna be the real killer and not WE's.

Since I'm not there yet I can not say for sure so please inform me if I'm wrong.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

depends if they work together or not :p

time and time again in WAR i see people bashing away at tanks while i stand at a nice distance healing them

also surely an assasin class would be completely useless if they weren't capable of winning the fights they picked? i mean, atm they have rubbish armor, limited ranged capability and very high damage, without it they have very little to offer the world? :p

Sollers

Fledgling Freddie
I cant speak for WH as I don't play against them but anyone denying that WEs are horrible OP is just ignorant.

equal in 'skill', WEs beat every class 1 on 1. This should not be possible, hence its OP.

Can you outlive a WE as a healer? Im a Runepriest myself and I can outlive most WEs. But that's only cause I run around with 3k armor (with reg. shielding buff up) and I know what to do. Surviving jumps by the 'better' WEs (Lizet and Circe spring to mind) is nearly impossible (especially if the two decide to group up :lol: )

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved

It depends if they hit the tank or the two healers first.

I've seen tanks playing people who refuse to hit healers and they've had a field day. I've been on the recieving end of it in pugs too where everyone ignores their healers and just focuses on their tanks. 3 WE even working togther cannot out damage 2 healers healing a tank. 3 WE can kill that team if they all hit the healers first but that wasn't the point I was making. It was in illustration of the strengths of a tank vs the strengths of a WE/WH.
klasa said:
When I see a Choosen and a Maruder moving in sync towards me, dumping CC abilites before they reech me I am clue less. I haven't figured out a way to counter that and it means 100% certain death. I hear that CC becomes even worse in T4 and therfore my bet is that CC is gonna be the real killer and not WE's.

Since I'm not there yet I can not say for sure so please inform me if I'm wrong.

Tbh Klasa well played witch elves will have as much if not more cc that the marauder. What the chosen and the marauder have is disorientates and slows which push 1-2 second cast times onto all of your spells - even the instas. They're brutal tools which will result in dead archmage provided there's no cross healing.

Hopefully mythic will fix cc immunity before you hit t4.

Trust me - it's as much a bind for me (as a marauder & shammy) as it is for you, in fact at times it's worse considering Knobs have a plethora of horrid stuns that seem to get me ganked on a regular basis :)

M

Zede

Part of the furniture
I do not kill tanks, I am not specced to do so. You don't have anything constructive to say about the class at all. Show my posts moaning about order classes abilities? I have not made any because I don't get that worked up about dying on a computer game. Plenty of good healers out there that don't die in seconds to WE's/WH's but I guess you don't want people with skill to get any bonus for being good?

People complaining are nothing but average players wanting an I don't die class. Yuo totally negate the fact the important abilities don't even work well, Stealth randomly drops, fleet footed does not remove snares, perma disabled for 15 seconds. The list goes on, yet all you do is complain because you die to a WE.

As I said in my other post, I don't think WE's should be able to kill tanks. However a WE (well played) should be able to kill a Badly played tank. AS for Casters and mister Zede, Healers should be dying to We's more times than not, as I have already informed you there are plenty healers playing on Karak Hirn that are capable of fending off a WE or biding there time for help to come. But because you cannot you want us destroyed.

You dont think through your posts do you ?

You dont moan and shouldnt moan about any order classes, now BW are nerfed to hell. You are top dog, king of the hill, dps supremo, lord of the manor. Are you so DUMB you dont understand mmorpg mechanics ? You honestly think its a mistake by mythic having a sexy duel weilding ( now who is that going to appeal to ? oh wait...) insanely powerful stealther class ?

The WE is there on purpose purely to appeal to people like you. You have a very large demographic that wants, nay demands a class like the WE, as they have had in every other mmo. Mythic are in it for the MONEY, and if have stupidly powered WEs for the first year attracts 20% more revenue, they will do, and have.

Attempting to argue when the reason for your OPness is a commercial one, is well...more the fool you. You whine about stealth abilities not being "on par" comapred to other mmo's In your world the WE should have substantially more abilities, not less.

your pathetic

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom