Dale Farm

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
That is not the point. I live in the UK and if I built some shit onto the side of my house without planning permission then the local council would tear it down. Same law applies to ME as to the folks that live on Dale Farm. They didn't have permission. Simple.
Where else are these people going to live though? and the did explain they had bought the land off the scrap place owner.. and he was there saying it was true..

Point is that these people thought they were in the right.. the money that this cost could have been better invested in other places and not bringing total misery to the 80 families for nothing more than a piece of land.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Where else are these people going to live though? and the did explain they had bought the land off the scrap place owner.. and he was there saying it was true..

Point is that these people thought they were in the right.. the money that this cost could have been better invested in other places and not bringing total misery to the 80 families for nothing more than a piece of land.
They choose to live in a caravan. They still have to abide by the laws of the land.

It is not about the money but the principle. They broke the law, thus we will purse you thru the courts to right a wrong in the eyes of the law.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Oh and they have been offered accommodation.

Keitanz

Can't get enough of FH
Yeah it's nice that they have been offered accommodation, but it's not together, families will be split and so will friends :/

I don't think anyone in that situation would leave a community like that (looks much, much stronger than any normal community) to go live in a 1 bedroom flat on benefits split away from their old friends..

I dunno, I just think the 15m or whatever it was could have been spend on far better things.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Yeah it's nice that they have been offered accommodation, but it's not together, families will be split and so will friends :/

I don't think anyone in that situation would leave a community like that (looks much, much stronger than any normal community) to go live in a 1 bedroom flat on benefits split away from their old friends..

I dunno, I just think the 15m or whatever it was could have been spend on far better things.
Like a bomb? Sorry I have no compassion or sympathy for those that broke the law and thought they could get away with it when normal houseowners would have been fucked long over by their councils if they did the same.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
(looks much, much stronger than any normal community)

Can't argue that. Be it as it may, these folk have such a strong community bond that they'll probably rule us when the bombs drop, or the zombies attack, or the asteroid hits...or the bunny thing.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Anyone watch the documentary on BBC1? quite distressing really... as the lady said, all that for a piece of land... that battle cost 18m, money well spent? my ass...

It seems ironic they care about that since they probably didn't pay anything towards it and actually caused it to go higher, it is just another defence tool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom