Daily Bickering: Which realm is the most overpowered?

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
I'm going with albion, by sheer population if nothing else... I don't know if it's changed any since I left, but on the server I'm from albs used to outnumber hibs and mids together 2-1.

That and they get the minstrel...what the HELL is that I ask you? It's like five characters rolled into one...smothered in delicious strawberry jam. Sokay though, my Warden pwns them :p. No touching a hybrid tank that swings twice as fast as you with Pbt o_O

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Afuldan said:
That and they get the minstrel...what the HELL is that I ask you? It's like five characters rolled into one...smothered in delicious strawberry jam. Sokay though, my Warden pwns them :p. No touching a hybrid tank that swings twice as fast as you with Pbt o_O
Unless they have a pet to drop your pbt lots. ;p And besides which a warden isn't going to do much through minstrel ablative. I could see a very long fight during which the minstrel slowly shouts the warden to death being a distinct possiblity. ;p

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
It's been known to happen, but since i got FoN and TWF life has been easier. I've also found that while noone uses the elemental blade ra's, they are fotm with a warden...I have all 3, adding 45% elements to my dmg, whenever I've got a 1v1 i think i'm losing, i power em up :p

And my point exactly...pets too! Stoopid minsts <growls>

Amuse

One of Freddy's beloved
Owerpowerd is sized in the abilety of the classes, not the population of the server.. hibs/mids has insta mezz, mids has aoe stun + pbaoe (that was removed from albion a loooong time ago, becouse "aoe stun and pbaoe in the same realm is to powerfull" .

hibs has Chanters, with nuking or healing pets, theyr own damage debuff in the same line as theyr pbaoe, animists that is like 10 casters in keep sige/defence, bards (thats in my eyes the "ultimate" suport class, all the mincer songs, buff, end reg, healing, mezz, amnesia etc etc) .

albs has mincers as the "owerpowerd" one.. thats one class... ONE class in the whole realm... owerall mids/hibs are bether off, and can make bether gorups with bether utilety and more pets than albs can..
we have boltrange mezz, but hey, hibs has gp, so thats no help (gp + insta mezz. doesnt help to winn the mezz against hibs) .....

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Afuldan said:
I'm going with albion, by sheer population if nothing else... I don't know if it's changed any since I left, but on the server I'm from albs used to outnumber hibs and mids together 2-1.

And still gain less RP in total... I guess as a "realm" they might be quite powerful - individually alb classes are teh sux... with notable exceptions such as the sorc which is pretty decent and the mincer which is a bit mean 1vs1.

Tuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Amuse said:
Owerpowerd is sized in the abilety of the classes, not the population of the server.. hibs/mids has insta mezz, mids has aoe stun + pbaoe (that was removed from albion a loooong time ago, becouse "aoe stun and pbaoe in the same realm is to powerfull" .

hibs has Chanters, with nuking or healing pets, theyr own damage debuff in the same line as theyr pbaoe, animists that is like 10 casters in keep sige/defence, bards (thats in my eyes the "ultimate" suport class, all the mincer songs, buff, end reg, healing, mezz, amnesia etc etc) .

albs has mincers as the "owerpowerd" one.. thats one class... ONE class in the whole realm... owerall mids/hibs are bether off, and can make bether gorups with bether utilety and more pets than albs can..
we have boltrange mezz, but hey, hibs has gp, so thats no help (gp + insta mezz. doesnt help to winn the mezz against hibs) .....

pbaeo and aestunn in SAME CLASS, not realm.
camoon! you can dig more overpowered classes from albs that only minstr :)

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Necro = NOT teh sux
Minst = NOT teh sux (god i hate you)
Inf = What are you retarded? NOT TEH SUX (you too)
Polearmsman = Highest tank damage in the game/best armor = not teh sux
Theurgist = Painful petspam ftw = not teh sux
Cabalist... arguably teh sux
scout = Best archer = Not teh sux
Cleric = Best buffline = NOT teh sux
Fire Wizzy = NOT teh sux

Now get about four BILLION of these, cram them into emain macha, and chew on your keyboard like you have never chewed before!

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
No, didn't you know? I play lineage 2! Just yesterday I had a group of korean adolescents come to my house and sever my manhood.

Ghostly

Fledgling Freddie
Afuldan said:
No, didn't you know? I play lineage 2! Just yesterday I had a group of korean adolescents come to my house and sever my manhood.

They got a piece of your brain too m8, sue em!!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
this isnt a daily bicker. this bicker has been going for 2 years :eek:

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Lol yep tris.

And it's not like that particular piece of brain was going to much use anyway o_O

Roadie

Fledgling Freddie

compared 2 lw/shield hero or warrior they are definatly "teh sux" :twak:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
everyone know mid is most overpowerd anyway case closed ibtl etc.

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
Eww that baby animal flash stuff... I hated those...

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
I'll admit ROadie the vietnam syndrome bear was pretty funny.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Necro = NOT teh sux
Sux for RvR. Big deal about PL - animist does that better anyway.

I'd take a savage for damage output and general RvR ability over a polearmsman.

Their buffs aren't that much better, healers are by far the best main healing class in any event.

Fire Wizzy = NOT teh sux
Only worse than RMs and pretty much any hib caster... :p

Afuldan

Fledgling Freddie
well, i will grant it's really funny toi have a fire wizzy hit my eldy twice... then i 1 bolt him with my voidy ^^

and yeah, savages are vicious, but they are entirely positional. And have no armor.

I gotta tell ya, I've been pled by pretty much everything... but an animist has never been one of them... You'd probably disturbed to hear that animists aren't that great unless you've got nice mana regen, and a group to smack down the oddball aggro that decides YOU are clearly the cause of all it's pain and woe.

Now I'll admit the sound of a 50 ani at a gobo camp fills my mind with a glee similar to a small diabetic child in a candy store...but still...the TRIP to 50 SUCKS.

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Danya said:
Necro = NOT teh sux
Sux for RvR. Big deal about PL - animist does that better anyway.

I take it you have never fought a fully buffed necro pet as a melee charecter, if you have then you would know they DO NOT suck, RR6L2 zerker hitting a fully buffed abomination for 20dmg mainhand (zerker is fully buffed as well) Found one in df not so long ago warder necro was on my thane duo with a RR5 zerker slammed abomination cast on it to about 5% health slam wears off and my casts get interupted so i start meleeing it for 8damage a hit with 4dmg add, kills me and is on about 60% health a RR6 SB adds on the pet kills him, kills zerker and finishes fight on 100% then proceeds to kill a purple nightmare straight after us. A RR2 caster killing a RR4 thane, RR6 SB and RR5 light-tank not overpowered, riiiight, anything which gets hit for less than 25~dmg in melee and can lifetap back for 300~dmg is massively overpowered when you have no casters with you, imo.

Path

Fledgling Freddie
The fact that you don't consider animists a viable PL class pretty much sums up your well of wisdom

Necro = NOT teh sux
- Yes, necwo's the new FotM RvR class - we just havn't discoered it yet
- I'd rather have a bard, thank you very much
- You could use some variation in your vocabulary :wub:
- Try playing one
- Actually decent, and say hi to PBAE
- Actually a pretty solid class as far as Albion nukers go
- Unless things proceed to melee :p
- We have spec AF; hibs have haste. Wow, big deal. Incidently, clerics < druids <<< healers
Fire Wizzy = NOT teh sux
- Maybe in a group with a proepr debuffer; but then, hibs don't really need extra classes for chanters to work

Overall you seem to harbour some illussions about classes being balanced on a 1on1 basis - I'll mercifully pretend you never mentioned your warden's RAs :(

youngbaba

Fledgling Freddie
I got a necro, and full red buffs. Must admit Necros own when theyre deathsight spec (which everyone uses), with the combat-castable lifetap.
But tbh id take a fully buffed matter cabalist over necro for PL/faming anyday. Even better id swap my account with someone with a 50 manachanter on excal :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
They are all rather crap to be honest.

Be it tincan albion, mudeating midgard or treehugging hiber-nation...you'll still get roxored in the boxored with spam cybering requests and be pwned with some wtfl33t kid that has his daddys CC burning hot with multiple buffbot accounts.

But ofcourse, this is just my opinion.

NetNifty

Fledgling Freddie
Afuldan said:
Necro = NOT teh sux

Necro is a 5 edged sword, solo PvE they pwn, grouped PvE not too good except as a mana battery (you can't rely on power or lifetap due to resist rates against high reds or low purps), solo RvR buffed v melees they pwn, solo RvR buffed v casters they get stunned and 3 shotted with nothing to counter (purge is broken). Group RvR they suck due to being hit with AoE mezz (no AoE falloff and duration is not affected by resists) and made inactive for full duration - which can last longer than the battle at which point they are they only one left and are stunned and killed.

Afuldan said:

Overpowered in stealther groups, maybe but in normal groups they arent as useful as you think - usually not much more than a speed/interrupt/ablative bot.

Afuldan said:

Yes infils are good.

Afuldan said:

Polearmsman is outdamaged over time by: Mercenary, Bezerker, Blademaster, Savage and warrior (higher weaponskill so gets blocked/evaded/parried less).

Hero has equal damage (unstyled anyway) but the polearmsman has to spend almost twice the amount of spec points to do the same damage.

Best armor? I think you'll find the difference between chain with evade 1 and plate is negligable.

Afuldan said:

Good at petspam I agree, but animists are currently better for that - you should also note that Theurg is alb's PBT class and i have only seen 1 theurg with 6 sec pbt and he was a PBT bot.

Afuldan said:

Have you ever played alb? Spirit/body spec cabby is alb's solo highest DPS caster, add in that plus a decent pet, the ability to recycle the pet to mana and AoE disease and you've got a fairly solid class.

Afuldan said:

Haven't played a scout but i'm sure someone who knows about the class will say something here :p

Afuldan said:

Yes clerics are great for standing at APK, rejuv is the same as other realm's healing lines iirc, but smite is almost useless for all but Smite Club (TM) clerics due to being redundant damage (in a group a cleric aint gunna be doin much but healin) and a fairly short PBAoE mezz - which not many clerics spec for let alone use:

HealMe2.JPG

Afuldan said:
Fire Wizzy = NOT teh sux

Good in bgs, fairly high DPS with bolts but very low utility - you can either hit someone with fire, shoot 2 balls of fire at em, root em or shoot em with some more fire.

cougar

Fledgling Freddie
old.Tohtori said:
They are all rather crap to be honest.

Be it tincan albion, mudeating midgard or treehugging hiber-nation...you'll still get roxored in the boxored with spam cybering requests and be pwned with some wtfl33t kid that has his daddys CC burning hot with multiple buffbot accounts.

But ofcourse, this is just my opinion.

oh, so bitter :(

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
Cozak said:
I take it you have never fought a fully buffed necro pet as a melee charecter, if you have then you would know they DO NOT suck, RR6L2 zerker hitting a fully buffed abomination for 20dmg mainhand (zerker is fully buffed as well) Found one in df not so long ago warder necro was on my thane duo with a RR5 zerker slammed abomination cast on it to about 5% health slam wears off and my casts get interupted so i start meleeing it for 8damage a hit with 4dmg add, kills me and is on about 60% health a RR6 SB adds on the pet kills him, kills zerker and finishes fight on 100% then proceeds to kill a purple nightmare straight after us. A RR2 caster killing a RR4 thane, RR6 SB and RR5 light-tank not overpowered, riiiight, anything which gets hit for less than 25~dmg in melee and can lifetap back for 300~dmg is massively overpowered when you have no casters with you, imo.

did you try slaming him again as they have no immunity timer or running off? You can't call a class over powered because its very tough against melee classes when fully buffed. Truth is that if you had a RM/SM/Shamen there instead of one of your other classes it would of all been over before 9secs.

Danya

Fledgling Freddie
Afuldan said:
well, i will grant it's really funny toi have a fire wizzy hit my eldy twice... then i 1 bolt him with my voidy ^^
Gimp wizzie then. Any reasonable caster should have too many hp to get one bolted.
Afuldan said:
and yeah, savages are vicious, but they are entirely positional. And have no armor.
Who needs armour when you have enhanced evade 4 plus evade buff, and parry spec plus parry buff. In any event if we're talking defensive then a paladin is far better defensively than an armsman.

Afuldan said:
I gotta tell ya, I've been pled by pretty much everything... but an animist has never been one of them... You'd probably disturbed to hear that animists aren't that great unless you've got nice mana regen, and a group to smack down the oddball aggro that decides YOU are clearly the cause of all it's pain and woe.
Like FOP is hard to find these days. Most animists reckon to hit 50 inside a day of play...

Agree with all the necro stuff posted - necro is the only class my mentalist ever hit for over 1000 with baseline nuke (pet was two shotted).

Balbor

Fledgling Freddie
dunno why they didn't make necro pet same level as the caster

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom