Current state of class balancing

WaveZtream

Fledgling Freddie
Well the only issue I have is the bright wizards. The dmg scaling compared to the others or thru the roof. Yeah bright wizards are suppose to be powerful even in the lore they are but still. Dark elf sorcerer shouldn't be that far under. And in my eyes fiddleing with fire should result in more failures. But I hardly see many bright wizards back fireing.

Even tho this game is all about teamplay when one class have such an advantage in dps pretty much ruins the fun.

So what I see now is order got the White lion exploit.

And Bright wizard with wrong dmg scaling.

This is not intended as a whine more to give the facts that this is how it is. I love the game myself can't get enough of it.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
in most scenarios, BWs dish the same damage out as Sorc. It get's scary when Marauders start to deal twice as much damage as primary casters :eek7:

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie
for these 2288 shots from a Squig Herder, that's a Moral4 ability if you mean "lottsa Arrers" :eek7:

that might be the one, quite a nice ability, allows you to pretty much 1 shot a bw who is a bit injured. sh are good for killing bw, possibly not much else but then there are so many bw that they get a good renown amount earnt

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Well the only issue I have is the bright wizards. The dmg scaling compared to the others or thru the roof. Yeah bright wizards are suppose to be powerful even in the lore they are but still. Dark elf sorcerer shouldn't be that far under. And in my eyes fiddleing with fire should result in more failures. But I hardly see many bright wizards back fireing.

Even tho this game is all about teamplay when one class have such an advantage in dps pretty much ruins the fun.

This is not intended as a whine more to give the facts that this is how it is. I love the game myself can't get enough of it.

Boy are you gonna get flammed;)your gonna get all the.. yea but we are glass cannon's .. we drop soo easy when a tank gets near us... ofc thats IF a tank can get near them thru the chain CC.and pbaoe on the run.You can see they are OP by the amount around.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
in most scenarios, BWs dish the same damage out as Sorc. It get's scary when Marauders start to deal twice as much damage as primary casters :eek7:

Hench why my vote goes out to a Marauder nerf as being one of the first nerfs in game ;p
That and BW/Sorcs prob take a hit also but thats just because alot of people whine about those classes.
A well played marauder backed up with a little support can dish out so much more damage than anyother class in the game, combine that with AoE knockdown and AoE damage it's gg.

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie

I play a lot of tier 4 scenarios, and the bw damage is pretty comparable to a sorcs, (well apart from me but then i suck), they get about the same renown earnt played right

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie

:lol: what scenarios have you been in?BW's are by far away the highest dmg dealers most time twice as high as anyone else..want screenies?... ask Waveztream:p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
:lol: what scenarios have you been in?BW's are by far away the highest dmg dealers most time twice as high as anyone else..want screenies?... ask Waveztream:p

T4, Serpent Pass ... if you're on Destro, ask Rasta ;)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie

And I see sorcerers dish out similar damage as the BWs, so ask them how it is done.
Stop focusing solely on the damage meter, it reveals nothing of importance of what actually went down in a scenarios. If destruction still wins fights when facing the "overpowered" Bright Wizards - then it must surely mean destruction classes are way too powerful if they still win ..... :twak: Logic surely must be annoying.

Soazak

Part of the furniture
I think BW are fine, the main problem is half the sorcs out there are retards.

They run into a crowd of 10+ order trying to PBAE root, get instagibbed then QQ about heals.

In most scenarios they are on the front line, ahead of the melee DPS and WTFDPS-2h-chosen.

Also, most sorcs seem to spec the DD line, where as BW are speccing the DoT line, dots are OP in their current form as it's a pain in the ass to cure them. Sorcs have access to these dots as well (except the dmg debuff on boiling blood).

The only issue here is the 5s cooldown on Remove Hex on Zealots/Runepriests. This is one spell that is used to remove debuffs, dots, root and it is on a 5s cooldown, where as all the aformentioned spells are insta and spammable.

Personally, I think sorcs are better due to Destro group makeup, but thats just me. I play Detro.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Yes fair comment hardley fair to base it on the read out at the end..wonder why they bother with then if it's not a true record of what went on?logic you applied logic in your post?

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Yes fair comment hardley fair to base it on the read out at the end..wonder why they bother with then if it's not a true record of what went on?logic you applied logic in your post?

Many of the screens which show the damage, also shows either imbalance in group composition, order loosing and many other factors plays in.
Neither of those are taken into account when people whine, because they tunnelvision on the damage done and complain because they want their class/faction to be uncontested in all aspects.

And all the scenarios we see where either a sorcerer or some other class is topping the chart aren't shown because they aren't useful in whining days. I see many where sorcerers are topping the charts, or where Witch Elves are doing it or ...... Yet, few Destruction people whine about those. But when the BWs do it, they're overpowered.

So yes - focusing on damage done after a scenario is only a small part of the puzzle and thus whining based on those things is void of all logic other then wanting to nerf somebody because they supposedly pose a threat to the dominance of ones own class. There is no crime in looking at the whole picture

WaveZtream

Fledgling Freddie
Don't tell me to not listen to the damage out put/dps meter because that is as accurate it can be. Even tho there are retarded sorc that doesn't mean there isn't retarded BW's. The majority is about 80% to the favor of the BW's.

Even if a game is well played they still come up on nr 1 place.

I have yet to see a scenario where the BW isn't nr 1.

But now to something else thank god they are fixing the white lion exploit :)

Soazak

Part of the furniture

I see them all the time tbh, there IS a difference in the playstyles of the two, of course there are BWs that run in and die, but there are significantly more Sorcs that do, they seem to try use their pbae root offensivly.

The majority of BWs i see doing well are always in the back lines.

The main classes I see at the top are BWs, Sorcs and Marauders...

i'm not saying BW are equal to sorcs, its fairly obvious they are a more completed class looking at just their abilities, but the difference isnt as huge as people make out, certainly doesn't call for all the nerf threads

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
BW is OP we all know it but you guys keep living in denial.

Kaleii

Fledgling Freddie
The most damage a single shot can do ingame is from a squiq herder, at lvl 34 bw I can be shot for 2288 damage by a lvl 35 sh

They also have a longer range than the mage classes (above 100) they are not exactly doing that badly for themslelves

I'd love to see a screenshot of a 2k+ squig herder shot, if it happens again, do post it here. highly doubt it honestly;)
Bright wizards with their 2 dots though can kill me just by putting them on me, then run in circles as I die in 5-10 secs:p

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Don't tell me to not listen to the damage out put/dps meter because that is as accurate it can be. Even tho there are retarded sorc that doesn't mean there isn't retarded BW's. The majority is about 80% to the favor of the BW's.

Even if a game is well played they still come up on nr 1 place.

But now to something else thank god they are fixing the white lion exploit :)

Which must yet again mean that Destruction classes are generally way to powerful when they can continue to win against forces with Bright Wizards in them. (Especially if you tunnelvision in on the damage meter)
And if you haven't seen a scenario where a BW isn't 1, you should really move onwards in the game and try a scenario or two again.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Which must yet again mean that Destruction classes are generally way to powerful when they can continue to win against forces with Bright Wizards in them. (Especially if you tunnelvision in on the damage meter)
And if you haven't seen a scenario where a BW isn't 1, you should really move onwards in the game and try a scenario or two again.

You a Bright Wizard by any chance?
Once you come out of denial you will feel better in yourself.it's not tunnel vision it's a fact,even tho you have decided that numbers at the end of a scenario mean nothing it still shows BW's as out damaging other classes by a large amount.A lvl13 BW should not in anyway way be able to chain snare and kite/nuke down a lvl20 chosen if you think thats not a little on the OP side there's somthing wrong.Before you go into this is not a 1v1 game think about it...lvl13 v lvl20 nomatter which class's the 7lvl difference should count.

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
You a Bright Wizard by any chance?
Once you come out of denial you will feel better in yourself.it's not tunnel vision it's a fact,even tho you have decided that numbers at the end of a scenario mean nothing it still shows BW's as out damaging other classes by a large amount.A lvl13 BW should not in anyway way be able to chain snare and kite/nuke down a lvl20 chosen if you think thats not a little on the OP side there's somthing wrong.Before you go into this is not a 1v1 game think about it...lvl13 v lvl20 nomatter which class's the 7lvl difference should count.

Well - my signature says I play a Bright Wizard - but that's not the only class I play. I also play Destruction classes (most notable the Sorcerer as well).
And yes - BWs out damage other classes, but again - we ALSO see OTHER classes out damage BWs. I've seen Sorceres out damage Bright Wizards by a margin of 20-40% multiple times. Ask them how they do it. Heck - I've seen Shadow Warriors being on top of the damage meter (I've been top 3 as a SW myself with only Sorcerers above me) and engineers being very high as well. It is just the crusade to nerf all Order classes so nobody can stand up against the zerg of Destruction which makes people focus when it is a BW on top of the meter and ignore all other issues and situations.
The reason BWs often find themselves "up top" is because of the DOTs, but those are easily healed through if the healer has just a small ounce of awareness - and frankly - most of the Destruction healers I see have as they often are very high on the heal-o-meter. Oh nerf shamans - they heal more then other classes!!!!

And well - frankly if the tank is stupid enough to get kited down by a 7 levels lower BW, then he should really - and I say this rarely - learn to play. Oh and the game isn't 1 vs. 1 anyways, so ..... *shrug*.
I've been wacked by classes many levels below me as well, when I wasn't paying attention enough to the situation. Happens all the time even if you think it shouldn't.

And if the BWs are so immensely overpowered as you try to claim based on the fact that the DOTs can do a lot of smaller damage (easily negated by a healer) then how come Destruction still wins a lot of scenarios? I'll tell you why - because damage alone is not the deciding factor. Nerf Destruction if they can survive the overpoweredness of the Bright Wizard ... surely they must be even more powerful if they can beat the "most powerful" class.......

This is "The grass is greener syndrome" to a high degree. Try for a second to look at your own side and how they perform in combat, but I know you'll not, cause heaven forbid that balance of some sort is actually implemented and you'll not be happy until every fight is just free RP and guaranteed win.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
I'd love to see a screenshot of a 2k+ squig herder shot, if it happens again, do post it here. highly doubt it honestly;)
Bright wizards with their 2 dots though can kill me just by putting them on me, then run in circles as I die in 5-10 secs:p

Squig Herder Moral 4 ability, deals 2400dmg instantly at full spec at 100ft.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Can't see any sig for you.
Don't insult me and tell me to learn to play..do tell me o great one how would you deal with? ....snare,nuke nuke ...juggernaught run 4 paces(still not in melee range),snare,nuke,nuke plus spamming dots,Juggernaught o bollox it's on a 60sec cooldown,nuke,nuke,..ahhh here we go snare broke,charge(or run away)snare,nuke,dot,nuke,juggernaught ..o shit still 20secs on cooldown,nuke woot snare is broken charge...snare,nuke,etc,..o well fuk it i'll go make a coffee come back and release.Do please tell me how i can learn to get away from chain CC when my 1 spell breaker is on a 60sec. cooldown yet i get chain cc'd.So if a healer can out heal the dots doesn't that means it takes 2 classes to take down 1 lvl13 BW? now as the Chosen is lvl20 and it takes 2 of us to kill the said lvl13 the words Over Powered spring to mind.

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
The reason BWs often find themselves "up top" is because of the DOTs, but those are easily healed through if the healer has just a small ounce of awareness ..
And if the BWs are so immensely overpowered as you try to claim based on the fact that the DOTs can do a lot of smaller damage (easily negated by a healer) ..

I wouldn't say the DoT's are easily healed through, all BW DoT's are instant and have a small CD or none.
Often I find my group(s) in the scenario having 5+ people stacked with DoT's taking around 2k damage per tick of the combined DoT's that been put on them, my biggest heal when crits (no moral) does around 2300 hp but takes 3 seconds to cast and only affects 1 person opposed to the BW fast spamming DoT's.
Combine that with the BW ability that reduces ALL healing on the target by 50% AND makes the healer take around 400-600 damage per heal (ticks on every HoT tick) makes healing these DoT's not possible unless your stacked on moral (as morals ignore all conditions on the target).

Us healers also supposed to have a DoT removal tool (Hex + Ailment) which in it's current form is flawed as it works around 30% of the times the other times it does not remove a hex or ailment eventhough you spend AP on it, that and it has a CD.
Also facing a single BW in a 1v1 (like you said you should not try and balance it through 1v1 but still) as a healer theres little you can do, you can't get a shield + big heal off as 1-2 ticks of the DoT already kills the shield so your only option is HoT's (which the shaman gets 3 if specced) and shield yourself then also drain the BW's AP and int and hope you survive his initial DPS and that he's out of AP so you get a breather and can launch your possible counter attack.

While the BW DoT line might need a slight nerf I'd rather see their other lines get upped as in the current situation I've never seen a BW specced differently than the DoT line which kinda says something about the other spec lines aswell as the DoT line.

WaveZtream

Fledgling Freddie
That the BW even got dot's in my opinion is just funny but thats just me. But back to the BW's damage output you don't need to be good playing the BW when their dmg is that great.

This is where I am coming from of course it's skilled based if you really stand out but I highly doubt that so many BW's are so extremely skilled to always be on top. Thats saying the rest of the order are bad players and vice versa.

Like I said before I am just stating the facts for how it is. If stuff will change at rank 40 I can't say yet but this just how it is now.

aika

Can't get enough of FH
what snare are you talking about? I'm at lvl 25 and dont have any snare yet :( only ae root
The only reason why BW's get more dmg than sorcs in T2 is cause they have Detonate
in t3 sorcs get some abilities that make them even, like Pit of Shades and others,

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
what snare are you talking about? I'm at lvl 25 and dont have any snare yet :( only ae root
The only reason why BW's get more dmg than sorcs in T2 is cause they have Detonate
in t3 sorcs get some abilities that make them even, like Pit of Shades and others,

Fire Cage...snare root whatever it's called same result.

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
its usable once in 30 seconds, and its breakable with juggernaut =\

and its area root :)

and juggernaught is on a 60sec timer you do the maths..aoe doesn't discriminate single players.:england:

Gotmagi

Can't get enough of FH
Only problem I have with the game atm is Bright Wizard dot's.. when some dots can own a heavy tank in no time something is wrong :p

Oh and I hate lag aswell :(

Gahn

Resident Freddy
Only problem I have with the game atm is Bright Wizard dot's.. when some dots can own a heavy tank in no time something is wrong :p

Oh and I hate lag aswell :(

No worries we got same problems the other way around :p

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie

its a level 4 morale ability, look it up does most 1 shot damage of any class in the game that i'm aware of

happens to me often enough so i should be able to get screenshot for you

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom