Current state of class balancing

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
I've noticed that Witch elves seem to do excellent damage - i die in about 2-3 seconds to a good one on my AM, and even my SM has trouble vs them.

Surely a class that can kill fast enough for root/knockback to be worthless, and via stealth can always reach melee shouldn't be able to do that much damage? Only chance i have vs one on my AM is to see it coming (which you don't mostly due to stealth), and to frontload both hots and damage shield into yourself. Even then you'd best have another healer pumping direct heals into you and a tank peeling it off you rapidly.

Edit:SM and BO damage both need a boost. It does seem like BO's do better damage though with 2h, although i think the SM is superior dps with s/s so i guess it balances.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
I've noticed that Witch elves seem to do excellent damage - i die in about 2-3 seconds to a good one on my AM, and even my SM has trouble vs them.

Do you stand still when they jump you, or run around? They got a poison that let's you take damage if you move ;)

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
not so hard with a healer or 2 who heal only you :)

Which means it isn't actually the BW, but the BW + 2 healers = 3 characters.

Do you stand still when they jump you, or run around? They got a poison that let's you take damage if you move ;)

Doesn't matter much when they can melee you down with sheer damage output anyway. But I would hope the picture is the same for the Witch Hunter.

WE's are properly the only class I "fear" as such - all others I seem to have a decent chance surviving against, at least to either get away or get them damaged enough for my team finishing them, but WEs just eat through me and my team mates at high speed.
I will indeed hope the output is the same for the Witch Hunter though.

Generation

Fledgling Freddie
As a witch elf, casters/healers are free RP usually.

If you want to survive then get a tank to use guard and make sure you detaunt the WE and you won't have too much trouble. We die pretty fast to tanks and medium melee dps.

The game seems fairly well balanced, although the design of some scenarios (Tor Anroc particularly) favours order if they have a couple of IB's, as their aoe knockback is a quick trip to lava-ville for 3-4 destro.

A couple of nasty bugs that need fixing though:

White lions seem to be able to move around at almost mounted speed using their leap ability, which leads to them getting to the objective well before any opponents in some scenarios (yes i know they have 2 sprints like marauders but i'm not on about that). Maybe someone else could clarify it though as i'm not too familiar with the WL abilities.

BW's are able to nuke through keep walls/floors in some situations. It's certainly not fun to be standing in the lord room at a keep and suddenly be loaded with DoT's and nuked down when order haven't even got the door down.

Vepo

Fledgling Freddie
Magus do shine in Tier 4. I would love to hear the vent/team speak or even read the Scenario chat on the Order side when I use my Chaotic Rift :D

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
<snip>
BW's are able to nuke through keep walls/floors in some situations. It's certainly not fun to be standing in the lord room at a keep and suddenly be loaded with DoT's and nuked down when order haven't even got the door down.

It is the same with sorcerers, however it requires the spell to be almost cast unless you get a LOS cancellation - however Engineers and Magnus pet/turrents are much much worse. They seem to completely ignore LOS at all times if they are first locked on to a target.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Magus do shine in Tier 4. I would love to hear the vent/team speak or even read the Scenario chat on the Order side when I use my Chaotic Rift :D

I think it would be along the lines of.

"Arrrrrrgh @#*%, what no, lag!!..... rez please!"

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
generally I think its quite fine as is, some issues with CC that need attention but overall its fine.

rynnor

Rockhound
generally I think its quite fine as is, some issues with CC that need attention but overall its fine.

Agreed - its balanced in a general way not in an 'all classes are equal' way - I'm happy with it even though as a healer I'm bottom of the food chain :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
Agreed - its balanced in a general way not in an 'all classes are equal' way - I'm happy with it even though as a healer I'm bottom of the food chain :p

Tsk, bottom of the food chain are Squig Herders and Shadow Warriors. ;)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie

That would be because all SW do is run around in circles out of melee range spamming their stupid slowdown shot,give an immunity timer on cc and they would have to do some dps.

Firedog

Fledgling Freddie
The only thing i can really "whine" about is why do some melee classes like a WE, have slow when they trow daggers/axes whatever.. And not only do they have slow they also have a freaking dot for how much i run away, whats up with this !?!

u cant escape or even fight this dude as an archmage!! (archmage dont have slow/stun/root, and it sux)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
u cant escape or even fight this dude as an archmage!! (archmage dont have slow/stun/root, and it sux)

It's your counter class, they are made to kill you.
Eventhough it's your counter class its still very possible to get away or maybe even kill them when played correctly, that is if you are high enough level for certain abilities.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
That would be because all SW do is run around in circles out of melee range spamming their stupid slowdown shot,give an immunity timer on cc and they would have to do some dps.

mkay, which class doesn't either have range or a ranged snare? Though, since it started with Healers being the bottom of the chain, they can outlast most other classes ;)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
mkay, which class doesn't either have range or a ranged snare? Though, since it started with Healers being the bottom of the chain, they can outlast most other classes ;)

my chosen for 1(throw axe that hits for 40 if it's not dodged 9/10 times)...and my heavy tank sure as hell does not hit for 800 Robin the Brave, dunno where you get that from.Things are pretty balanced over all i think just need a CC immunity timer of some sort to stop the chain CC.

Pandemic

Fledgling Freddie

The most damage a single shot can do ingame is from a squiq herder, at lvl 34 bw I can be shot for 2288 damage by a lvl 35 sh

They also have a longer range than the mage classes (above 100) they are not exactly doing that badly for themslelves

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
I play a Engineer and Squig Herder, put it this way I think every class apart from Magus can kill me with ease most of the time, Squig Herder can kill Bright Wizards if they ambush, but a bright wizard can often kill a Squig Herder with them nasty dots.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
The most damage a single shot can do ingame is from a squiq herder, at lvl 34 bw I can be shot for 2288 damage by a lvl 35 sh

a) get rid of the lvl1 gear
b) get resists (no it's not %)
c) You've met a Dev on his SH :p
d) SH get a shot more than SWs (givf!)

Highest damaging shot for SW would be Festering Arrow, which hits for about 800dmg and takes 3secs to cast ... and about 10sec to fly to it's target (no kidding). While there's a tactic that should let it bypass resists, atleast the SW one doesn't appear to work (yet).

hmm, maybe with the Moral2 ability, +100% damage and a crit on low resists :p

Firedog

Fledgling Freddie
It's your counter class, they are made to kill you.
Eventhough it's your counter class its still very possible to get away or maybe even kill them when played correctly, that is if you are high enough level for certain abilities.

but why, as far as i have seen every class have some sort of slow..
But archmage dont have yet.. dunno if they get it on higher level though..

about this WE :) its not totally overpowered when he is 30 and i am 21 :p:lol:
was just irretatet that everybody ran away from him instead of killing him :p

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
for these 2288 shots from a Squig Herder, that's a Moral4 ability if you mean "lottsa Arrers" :eek7:

klasa

Loyal Freddie

Ok but then give SW a damage boost since that is one of the tricks they have.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH

well yea, ofc some classes are a tad better 1vs1 but i really, honestly dont give a crap since WAR isnt about 1vs1 in any way at all in my opinion anyways.

Whiners and nerfscreamers will never be satisfied nomatter what Mythic does and for the most part, most of them dont have a single clue anyways either ;)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
the only one's that don't whine for a nerf are the overpowered one's.Even tho my tank hits like Julian Clarey using a feather duster, it's fun, the chain CC is a pain but other than that i get what i pay for... Fun:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom