Politics Coronavirus

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Finally home after that horror story of a holiday. Thank fuck for the vaccinations as it was a most unpleasant experience

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Me yesterday. Feel pretty rough today, skin tingling, headache, tiredness.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We’ve all been feeling like shite for days. Not sure if it’s a new Rona variant. It felt very different when I had it last week.

(Continues dying…)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
We’ve all been feeling like shite for days. Not sure if it’s a new Rona variant. It felt very different when I had it last week.

(Continues dying…)

I had that also. Covid test was negative but doesn't mean it wasn't

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My entire family has it atm, mum, stepdad, sister, brother-in-law, 2 nieces.

Supposed to be doing a beef wellington for 8 on Saturday, bought the fillet today. You do not freeze fillet, so I will be mostly eating fillet steak for the next 3 days. Gutted...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
There seems to be some nasty colds around which is natural.

I had a really bad one last week, it was weird. Was fine in the morning, was home by lunchtime, lasted 2 days and felt better as quickly as it came on.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Felt a bit rough since yesterday, took a test this morning, clear, left it on the side, just went to throw it away, positive.

Managed to avoid it all this time. Just feels like a bad cold, more throaty than anything.

Supposed to be chairing the biggest meeting of my career tomorrow... kicking off our new ERP project, that I am project managing. Will have to be via teams.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Exactly the same for me. Felt a bit under the weather over the weekend and tested positive this morning. All I have is a bit of a scratchy throat and a very very mild sort of woozy, head cold feeling. I'm more annoyed that I've got it than anything.

The test I used does explicitly say that you shouldn't read the result after 15 minutes.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yeah, we have so many kits stuffed within kits that I had no idea of the instructions.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Slept most of yesterday, feel fine today. Still positive though. Get those jabs!

Marc

FH is my second home
Most recent time I had it, took me 13 days to test negative.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just out of interest - why are you bothering testing now?

If you feel like shit you feel like shit. Stay in, don't work etc. But covid is now a disease that we just get on with, no?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Just out of interest - why are you bothering testing now?

If you feel like shit you feel like shit. Stay in, don't work etc. But covid is now a disease that we just get on with, no?

Because I want to get back in the office...

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Can confirm, kids picked up a stomach bug and a cold from school / kindergarden.

Thankfully, my immune system skipped the stomach bug. I'm on my 6th day of manflu though :(

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Because I want to get back in the office...
Fair enough. I don't have that pressure.

I'd always not bother going in if I had a cold/something else just in case I passed it on. Would give myself a couple of clear days before going back in. Unless we intend to keep testing kits for covid on hand forever, we all need to get back to the former, no.

Not saying you're doing the wrong thing (you're obviously not). Just wondering aloud when are we going to stop bothering...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Honestly i dont even know how to get an official test done anymore, all the testing centers around here are gone

Makes you wonder how much higher in reality the infection rate is vs what is represented in the stats

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Honestly i dont even know how to get an official test done anymore, all the testing centers around here are gone

Makes you wonder how much higher in reality the infection rate is vs what is represented in the stats
The point of the vaccination programme was that once it was complete (boosters aside) we don't have to think about it any more.

I get people are being extra cautious (and it's laudable that they don't want to spread covid) - but nowadays it's kind of like 'treat it like any other cold'...

Ormorof

FH is my second home
I just hope we dont go back to the "im just going to power through it" days when people show up sick at the office and infect everyone else

Power through it at home asshats, or better yet be sick when you are sick

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Fair enough. I don't have that pressure.

I'd always not bother going in if I had a cold/something else just in case I passed it on. Would give myself a couple of clear days before going back in. Unless we intend to keep testing kits for covid on hand forever, we all need to get back to the former, no.

Not saying you're doing the wrong thing (you're obviously not). Just wondering aloud when are we going to stop bothering...

If there was a flu test, and had flu, I would take it, I would then know I won't be giving the lurgy to everyone else.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
100%. You'd hope people'd have learned their lessons by now.

In fact, I was hoping that we'd move to a "I've got a cold, so if I do have to go to the shops, I'll wear a mask to protect other people" type culture - like they've got in Japan.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
If there was a flu test, and had flu, I would take it, I would then know I won't be giving the lurgy to everyone else.
Fair enough.

I, personally, wouldn't - regular exposure to our pathogenic environment is the mechanism that keeps us all at a reasonable level of immunity. But it's a personal choice IMO. And I'm all about that :)

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ive still got 5 Covid tests left. I took one the other week as I was feeling rough. Just out of interest more than anything else. I was negative but worked form home for a week instead of going into the office.
You recover quicker too I think if you dont go anywhere and rest at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom