Politics Coronavirus

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Lol. Media matters.

Wouldn't you be better just linking straight to the Democrat Party website?

Anyway, if we look at a slightly more respectable institution's view on it:

So one of our most esteemed research institutions has decided that, despite all the cries of "horse dewormer" from people who should really know better, there is enough promise in IVM to warrant a full RCT on it, the results of which will be interesting. Bearing in mind that the FDA called IVM the third wonder drug after penicillin and aspirin (which has also proved beneficial in small studies), I do find the current narrative that IVM will kill everyone quite bemusing. Especially given the FDA also said back then:

To make COVID properly go away we'll need both the vaccines and effective treatments, and apart from the monoclonial antibody products, we are very light on the latter at the moment. This is why I don't understand the determination of certain people - well, Democrats anyway - to slate every potential treatment that comes along, and state that it doesn't work when we haven't studied it enough to know that.

tl:dr Stop politicising a fucking pandemic you knobbers.
The point wasn't about ivermectin really at all. The point was that the right-wing media from Fox to Infowars bigs up distrust of actual medicine so that they can sell them something else, whatever else that might be and however effective or not it might be.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe they wouldn't be trying the horse version if the human version was easier to get hold of?
Why not give everyone free access to untested horse cancer drugs on the off chance that untested horse cancer drugs doesn't fucking kill them?

Your position is idiotic.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Why not give everyone free access to untested horse cancer drugs on the off chance that untested horse cancer drugs doesn't fucking kill them?

Your position is idiotic.

Don't be so fucking obtuse ffs, I clearly stated the human version, which has been administered billions of times with very few side effects since the mid-70's. If that was easier to get hold of - such as the many US doctors prescribing it off label - then people wouldn't need to go anywhere near the untested horse stuff.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
But the human version is not the version stupid people are taking, they are taking the animal version. Because A, they are so fucking simple that they take any random drug based on what some weirdo on Fox claims and B because they can get their hands on it.

It's mental.

Fuck it though, if someone is that thick then they aren't likely to add much to the human project so who actually cares.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Don't be so fucking obtuse ffs, I clearly stated the human version, which has been administered billions of times with very few side effects since the mid-70's. If that was easier to get hold of - such as the many US doctors prescribing it off label - then people wouldn't need to go anywhere near the untested horse stuff.
It's still untested @Bodhi.

We test it. It's proven effective, or not, and then and ONLY then do we allow access.

If retards insist on self-administering unproven drugs then we should be looking at removing them from the gene pool - not helping enable them in their abject subnormality.

Bodhi

It's still untested @Bodhi.

We test it. It's proven effective, or not, and then and ONLY then do we allow access.

If retards insist on self-administering unproven drugs then we should be looking at removing them from the gene pool - not helping enable them in their abject subnormality.

Which is why you end up with people going for the horse version. *slow clap*

So by your logic, if someone is diagnosed with COVID and decides to take aspirin - which hasn't been proven to work against COVID either but also, can't really hurt - they should be removed from the gene pool forthwith?

And once again you have missed a point I have made repeatedly - it isn't self administered if their doctor has prescribed it - which happens a lot in the US, Joe Rogan being the most obvious example.

Bodhi

Oh god, Joe Rogan, you went there.

Only as he was prescribed it by a doctor. Difficult to point to IVM as being the saviour seeing as he was prescribed a lot of stuff, but doctors in the US are definitely prescribing it off label.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Bit IVM is a anti parasite med. and has not been proved to work on covid. So why would the doctors prescribe it?

its like lets give everyone beta blockers cause some wack job says it works.

no doctors only prescribe whats been tested safe and actually does something.

your arguement is to stop ppl eating horse meds we should prescribe a drug that doesnt do anything cause mad ppl think its great.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Only as he was prescribed it by a doctor. Difficult to point to IVM as being the saviour seeing as he was prescribed a lot of stuff, but doctors in the US are definitely prescribing it off label.
Cause drs in the usa can charge loads for writing a script and ppl will pay for it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Which is why you end up with people going for the horse version. *slow clap*
Because they're retards is why you get people going for the horse version.

So by your logic, if someone is diagnosed with COVID and decides to take aspirin - which hasn't been proven to work against COVID either but also, can't really hurt - they should be removed from the gene pool forthwith?
Yes. They're acting like retards in that case. Not just because asprin isn't risk-free. Ivermectin certainly isnt:

List of shit that can go wrong with human prescribed ivermectin:

Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:

• Pain in your neck and back
  • Serious eye problems. Symptoms can include:
    • redness
    • bleeding
    • swelling
    • pain
    • loss of vision
  • Shortness of breath
  • Inability to control urination
  • Inability to control bowel movements
  • Trouble standing or walking
  • Confusion
  • Extreme tiredness
  • Extreme drowsiness
  • Seizures
  • Coma
  • Low blood pressure, especially when you get up after sitting or lying down. Symptoms can include:
    • lightheadedness
    • dizziness
    • fainting
  • Severe skin reactions. Symptoms can include:
    • severe rash
    • redness
    • blistering skin
    • peeling skin
  • Liver damage. Symptoms can include:
    • tiredness
    • nausea
    • vomiting
    • loss of appetite
    • pain on the right side of your stomach
    • dark urine
    • yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes

And once again you have missed a point I have made repeatedly - it isn't self administered if their doctor has prescribed it - which happens a lot in the US, Joe Rogan being the most obvious example.
Swapped for MY emphasis.

It won't happen in the UK because our medical system isn't retarded - you can fucking buy what you like in the US - and they don't really give a shit about harm. Look at Michael Jackson's over-prescribing doctor who pretty much did what all doctors can do in the US - but cannot do in the UK.

We test. We find efficacy. THEN we administer.

It's retarded to go the other route. And I'm happy for people to remove themselves from the gene pool for acting like retards. There are too many people in the world - so if we can find a self-selecting way to reduce the population that benefits the IQ of all then it's a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Bodhi

Bit IVM is a anti parasite med. and has not been proved to work on covid. So why would the doctors prescribe it?

its like lets give everyone beta blockers cause some wack job says it works.

no doctors only prescribe whats been tested safe and actually does something.

your arguement is to stop ppl eating horse meds we should prescribe a drug that doesnt do anything cause mad ppl think its great.

It's a little more complicated than that - it is indeed an anti-parasite medication but it has shown anti-viral properties as well in the past. It's been shown to work on COVID in vitro (in a test tube) and in some smaller studies, still awaiting results from larger RCT's though. However there's already more evidence it works than there is for masks, and no-one doubts them, so *shrug*

Bodhi

Because they're retards is why you get people going for the horse version.

Yes. They're acting like retards in that case. Not just because asprin isn't risk-free. Ivermectin certainly isnt:

List of shit that can go wrong with human prescribed ivermectin:

Serious side effects and their symptoms can include the following:

• Pain in your neck and back
  • Serious eye problems. Symptoms can include:
    • redness
    • bleeding
    • swelling
    • pain
    • loss of vision
  • Shortness of breath
  • Inability to control urination
  • Inability to control bowel movements
  • Trouble standing or walking
  • Confusion
  • Extreme tiredness
  • Extreme drowsiness
  • Seizures
  • Coma
  • Low blood pressure, especially when you get up after sitting or lying down. Symptoms can include:
    • lightheadedness
    • dizziness
    • fainting
  • Severe skin reactions. Symptoms can include:
    • severe rash
    • redness
    • blistering skin
    • peeling skin
  • Liver damage. Symptoms can include:
    • tiredness
    • nausea
    • vomiting
    • loss of appetite
    • pain on the right side of your stomach
    • dark urine
    • yellowing of your skin or the whites of your eyes

Swapped for MY emphasis.

It won't happen in the UK because our medical system isn't retarded - you can fucking buy what you like in the US - and they don't really give a shit about harm. Look at Michael Jackson's over-prescribing doctor who pretty much did what all doctors can do in the US - but cannot do in the UK.

We test. We find efficacy. THEN we administer.

It's retarded to go the other route. And I'm happy for people to remove themselves from the gene pool for acting like retards. There are too many people in the world - so if we can find a self-selecting way to reduce the population that benefits the IQ of all then it's a win-win as far as I'm concerned.

Cool. Here's another list of potential side effects for something which is recommended for a COVID infection (and to minimise side effects from the vaccine) as it can't really hurt:

Rare

• Bloody or black, tarry stools
  • bloody or cloudy urine
  • fever with or without chills (not present before treatment and not caused by the condition being treated)
  • pain in the lower back and/or side (severe and/or sharp)
  • pinpoint red spots on the skin
  • skin rash, hives, or itching
  • sore throat (not present before treatment and not caused by the condition being treated)
  • sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
  • sudden decrease in the amount of urine
  • unusual bleeding or bruising
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
  • yellow eyes or skin

Symptoms of overdose

• Diarrhea
  • increased sweating
  • loss of appetite
  • nausea or vomiting
  • stomach cramps or pain
  • swelling, pain, or tenderness in the upper abdomen or stomach area

Guess we should stop encouraging people to take paracetamol then?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Cool. Here's another list of potential side effects for something which is recommended for a COVID infection (and to minimise side effects from the vaccine) as it can't really hurt:

Rare

• Bloody or black, tarry stools
  • bloody or cloudy urine
  • fever with or without chills (not present before treatment and not caused by the condition being treated)
  • pain in the lower back and/or side (severe and/or sharp)
  • pinpoint red spots on the skin
  • skin rash, hives, or itching
  • sore throat (not present before treatment and not caused by the condition being treated)
  • sores, ulcers, or white spots on the lips or in the mouth
  • sudden decrease in the amount of urine
  • unusual bleeding or bruising
  • unusual tiredness or weakness
  • yellow eyes or skin

Symptoms of overdose

• Diarrhea
  • increased sweating
  • loss of appetite
  • nausea or vomiting
  • stomach cramps or pain
  • swelling, pain, or tenderness in the upper abdomen or stomach area

Guess we should stop encouraging people to take paracetamol then?

You are wilfully missing the point, spectacularly.

Bodhi

You are wilfully missing the point, spectacularly.

If the point is to not take "horse dewormer" then I'm not sure I disagree, it would just be a fairly easy situation to avoid by making the proper stuff - which is one of the safest medications ever administered - easier to get hold of. Would probably be more effective than "just take the damn jab Red state scum" which has been working spectacularly well so far.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
It's a little more complicated than that - it is indeed an anti-parasite medication but it has shown anti-viral properties as well in the past. It's been shown to work on COVID in vitro (in a test tube) and in some smaller studies, still awaiting results from larger RCT's though. However there's already more evidence it works than there is for masks, and no-one doubts them, so *shrug*
When more double blind studies have been done then the proper evidence is there that it works in the real world and has a significant effect.

until then its just a non proven medicine. And anyone getting better while on it with a lot of other meds as well is purely anecdotal.

Bodhi

When more double blind studies have been done then the proper evidence is there that it works in the real world and has a significant effect.

until then its just a non proven medicine. And anyone getting better while on it with a lot of other meds as well is purely anecdotal.

You talking about Ivermectin or masks? :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
On the above link:

Are we competent to take analgesics?

There are some scary facts about how much we, as ordinary members of the public, know about painkillers. Here are a few.

Many people don’t know what is in their analgesics. A study in a London emergency department found that half of the patients thought ibuprofen contained paracetamol. In the US, half of a similar group did not know that the popular brand of paracetamol, Tylenol, actually contained paracetamol.
Off the basis of the evidence of your stances over the past 18 months I rate your ability to decide what is important and pertinent about any medical issue, not just analgesic use, about the same as the US group as described here @Bodhi old bean.

:)

Bodhi

Apart from that - which, well, it's @Bodhi - so obvs...

Yes.

And it's been covered on this forum before: What is the point of paracetamol?

Stop being a blithering idiot Bodhi.

Strange how the official advice when the pandemic started was to take paracetamol and water if you thought you had the 'Ro then wasn't it, and why I was encouraged to take paracetamol post vaccination. Still, if I have to go for a booster at any point and it's suggested again, I'll say no ta, @Scouse doesn't recommend it.

I'm positive that will be well received.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
On the above link:

Off the basis of the evidence of your stances over the past 18 months I rate your ability to decide what is important and pertinent about any medical issue, not just analgesic use, about the same as the US group as described here @Bodhi old bean.

:)
Americans are dumb

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Update. My wife (currently in hospital with my daughter) tested positive this morning.

Since I've had a cough for a week I'm presuming I am positive too.

She started her current bug (which we kind of assumed was not covid) with both-ends. I started with the lower end as I'm never sick but graduated to sore throat and cough.

Bugger.

Bodhi

I didn't know @Bodhi was in teh sport! :D

Lol. As if I've got as much hair as the bloke in the photo.

Swap the cake and piss for weed and aspirin however, and you have "The Bodhi Protocol". Although the weed may result in some cake. Lots of cake.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom