Politics Coronavirus

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Google have added covid levels as a layer on maps.

Job

The wifes school has all the windows open and wont let the kids wear coats for whatever bizarre reason that is...I cant find out, but its very strict..maybe cloth contamination...god knows.
This seems to be a nationwide rule.

You can put a vest underneath your school shirt.
Fuck that, your hands are cold...I'd just walk out the door and go home.

There are minimum temperature rules,
its not too bad atm, but proper cold weather inc next week.
So they take phones off the kids if they look at them in class.

Well ha. Fucking..ha.
Im checking my nhs app miss, no you cant take my phone ..its checking for covid.

Handy today..compulsary tomorrow.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That's not really the point. The point is that the new version, that is supposed to work, doesn't for a lot of people and is actually worse than the one they spent weeks testing, months ago.
The reason the first was dumped was privacy. And data collection. It still drained yr battery. If you were happy with privacy issues i am sure the first would have worked fine

Moriath

I am a FH squatter

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The government take advice then decide what to do. Which can be stuff out side of what scientists are saying. So i dont see the point of the article. Not like a few hours less drinking is a huge issue

That's entirely the point though.

Lots of people are questioning the scientific reasoning behind shutting pubs at 10pm, and this story confirms that there wasn't any scientific thought into it.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That's entirely the point though.

Lots of people are questioning the scientific reasoning behind shutting pubs at 10pm, and this story confirms that there wasn't any scientific thought into it.
I hadnt seen anywhere that said there was a scientific reason behind the 10pm. Had the government claimed that and i missed it?

Gumbo

FH is my second home
I hadnt seen anywhere that said there was a scientific reason behind the 10pm. Had the government claimed that and i missed it?
The Government is claiming that EVERYTHING it is doing is following the science, so that they can't be blamed when it goes wrong.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They are ignoring the scientific advice, they have been from the start.

That is the point.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
The government take advice then decide what to do. Which can be stuff out side of what scientists are saying. So i dont see the point of the article. Not like a few hours less drinking is a huge issue

No, but everyone leaving the pubs in towns, at exactly the same time...kind of is.

The only thing limiting all licensed pubs and clubs to 10pm has done is to make the government appear to be doing something rather than fuck all.

Gwadien

Why wouldn't taking steps to reduce infection rates be based on science?

Are you trolling?

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Why wouldn't taking steps to reduce infection rates be based on science?

Are you trolling?
No, not trolling was asking. And it seemed a bit sensible to reduce drinking times to reduce social exposure times.

Job

Im reading on various forums and comments sections that pubs, barbers and gyms around the country are asking for proof you are running the app for entry and wont accept simple ID details.

While there is some justification for these actions atm., its a fucking terrifying ramp up of usage of the potential power our digital world gives to civilisation...both government and corporations.

The last time I saw shit of this level was in European communist countries, they used simpler methods, but do you think they'll ever let go of this power go after watching us go along with it.

I dont agree with the protesters in London...but holy fucked dont ever say they didnt warn us.

Propaganda and thought adjustment is now mainstream, there are quite a few willing space cadets for it on this forum.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
They are ignoring the scientific advice, they have been from the start.

That is the point.
But if that is in addition to scientific advice whats the issue? Also you speak like there is a scientific consensus but there isnt. Some scientists are saying not far enough. Some too far. So which should it be?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Im reading on various forums and comments sections that pubs, barbers and gyms around the country are asking for proof you are running the app for entry and wont accept simple ID details.

You know what happens if you don't evidence your claims....

Gwadien

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I think it's pretty crazy how students are being treated.

Security & Police outside the accommodation not allowing anyone to leave.

I can't imagine them doing that to residential tower blocks across the UK.
Would you trust a block of 18 year olds bored out of their minds to comply?

Gwadien

my point exactly. I dont trust any one I dont know.

That isn't your point

Your point was somehow students are less worthy of trust than older people and they deserve to have enforced lock down in their building - something that no one else is facing.

Sure they should be on lockdown but they shouldn't be policed differently to anyone else.

City Centres are struggling so get the students in to keep it afloat and when it blows up in your face blame the students.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
That isn't your point

Your point was somehow students are less worthy of trust than older people and they deserve to have enforced lock down in their building - something that no one else is facing.

Sure they should be on lockdown but they shouldn't be policed differently to anyone else.

City Centres are struggling so get the students in to keep it afloat and when it blows up in your face blame the students.
ppl here were giving 18 year old footballers a pass for being dicks with fanny in the international football. You think 18 year old without millions of ppl watching their every move will be more likely to stick to the rules. So i dont trust them and their hormonal ways, and if they are already in a place together that can be segragated why not have authorities outside to make sure they dont break the rules?

theres a good minority who dont ‘believe’ in covid who i guess are not sticking to the rules.

so we just supposed to let them get on with it while the rest of us do?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
No more than anyone else, kids are dull af these days.

Gwadien

ppl here were giving 18 year old footballers a pass for being dicks with fanny in the international football. You think 18 year old without millions of ppl watching their every move will be more likely to stick to the rules.

theres a good minority who dont ‘believe’ in covid who i guess are not sticking to the rules.

so we just supposed to let them get on with it while the rest of us do?

There's a good minority of people that don't believe in covid...

I'm finding that the vast majority of this minority are the older entitled type, rather than students.

Sure, if you're going to police it, when there's local lockdowns, the Police should patrol the people who have been openly against Covid and make sure they stay in their house.

Or we can just not heavily police one section of society whilst 'trusting' the rest.

The Government is taking their gloves off when it comes to students because no-one really cares about them, they won't call discrimination if they get picked on, oh and 'they're all lefties.'

Imagine if you had the Police camping outside your doorstep when you're in a local lockdown, would you be happy about that? Or more imalrightjackisms

Job

Unfuckingbelievable.
An absolute distortion of power that sends a very concerning message.

They should all run out at once and see what the police do, these lockfowns are about a gentle push to get as many people as possible to generally comply.
This targetting is completely the wrong approach.
They are just going to resist getting tested.

Gwadien

Unfuckingbelievable.
An absolute distortion of power that sends a very concerning message.

They should all run out at once and see what the police do, these lockfowns are about a gentle push to get as many people as possible to generally comply.
This targetting is completely the wrong approach.
They are just going to resist getting tested.

If they started rioting, you'd be the first person to call them leftie snowflakes who the police need to crack down on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom