Politics Coronavirus

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
He's a fucking prick and he smiles at the weirdest, most inappropriate times when giving answers.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Mostly yes he is. But on this occasion phones pre 2015 dont have the inbuilt technology to use the app apparently. So if they wantbto use it thebest thing is to upgrade. I dont see the issue there

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Mostly yes he is. But on this occasion phones pre 2015 dont have the inbuilt technology to use the app apparently. So if they wantbto use it thebest thing is to upgrade. I dont see the issue there

But yeah, buy a new phone old people, ffs, get with the times yo.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
If it is something they want and encourage everyone to use then it should be something everyone can use, it should not cost hundreds of pounds for a new phone. Least they have lined up the next excuse if something goes wrong with it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
They have no control over the core requirements of the application as it is based of the Google/Apple implementation, something people wanted instead of the centralised version the government originally planned and now some people are still moaning about it. More than enough people have new enough phones to make it work fine, if they can be bothered.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
You're cutting out a massive chunk of the elderly by having an app in the first place.

I'm sure some of that 100bn going towards testing could be used for something more accessible.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
You're cutting out a massive chunk of the elderly by having an app in the first place.

I'm sure some of that 100bn going towards testing could be used for something more accessible.
Pen and paper?

Gwadien

Pen and paper?

No, you could produce a fool proof tracking device and then still get sent a text/phone call if there's a warning and give it for free to over 65s.

But they'd probably end up costing like £1,000 per unit.

Hell, I'm sure Google would be down for making that for free, so long as they can sell the data. :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
They have no control over the core requirements of the application as it is based of the Google/Apple implementation, something people wanted instead of the centralised version the government originally planned and now some people are still moaning about it. More than enough people have new enough phones to make it work fine, if they can be bothered.

Right, so it's what they were told they should be using months ago, rather than whatever it is they came up with on their own at the time, that they were told would be shit and turned out to be shit. I wonder how many 10s of millions of pounds swirled around bank accounts before that shat the bed, I also wonder how many of the owners of those bank accounts are mates with Cummings? Like a lot of the PPE suppliers-come-leaflet printers-come-catering start ups that impressively won government contracts for medical grade PPE.

They have now got something that still doesn't work for everyone, 6 months into the pandemic. Well done Boris and chums!

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The London Underground feeding the virus.
Rather obvious really.

33581374-8760635-image-a-9_1600963485294.jpg

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The London Underground feeding the virus.
Rather obvious really.

View attachment 42594

Correlation not (necessarily) causation. The London Underground also serves the densest population areas. For example, Westminster is the absolute nexus of Underground routes but not that many people actually live there and the infection rate is one of the lowest.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
and everyone in Sutton works in IT anyway, so A, doesn't speak to anyone and B, works from home anyway.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
London's numbers have been pretty low compared to the north so perhaps a lot of Northerners have come to London to spread it about a bit

Job

London's numbers have been pretty low compared to the north so perhaps a lot of Northerners have come to London to spread it about a bit
The hotspots in the North are so painfully the immigrant areas that its entertaining watching them trying to deny it.

Except Knowsley which is basically the hillbilly redneck centre of the NW.

Gwadien

The hotspots in the North are so painfully the immigrant areas that its entertaining watching them trying to deny it.

Except Knowsley which is basically the hillbilly redneck centre of the NW.

I wonder if particular areas of poverty and crowded houses is a better answer.

I saw a bloke on Facebook moan about Muslims going into a mosque on Facebook the other day, then later that evening he went to a Muslim owned restaurant that has a reputation for not abiding by social distancing.

Reminded me of you :)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Im using one here in Finland, its open source, the only data it sends is an id has had quite a high adoption rate so hopefully it will work

It spooks me when i see a "Coronovirus trace notification" in notification bar, but then its just telling me i have no notifications

What worries me is it being used as a "shield" -> see? I have not been in contact with anyone with corona, its perfectly fine for me to ignore guideliness...

Not many cases here atm and pop density here is very low so not much chance of interaction unless you try so hopefully can ride this one out

Job

Pointlrss really.

Utterly pointless, just abother placebo so we'll carry on till everyone who will dies of it.

Needs at least a Note 8 with low energy bluetooth.
Ive got a Note3.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I read that the limitations are due to the requirements of the APIs from Apple/Google and not of the actual app. The restrictions are the same across the world for all mobile phones.

That's not really the point. The point is that the new version, that is supposed to work, doesn't for a lot of people and is actually worse than the one they spent weeks testing, months ago.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Here is an app that drains your battery. It doesn't actually do anything and is months behind schedule...but drain's your battery nonetheless.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom