Politics Coronavirus

Embattle

FH is my second home
@Yoni This country has become incredibly tribal over the last few years and the effect has yet to dissipate, it may well never do.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Daughter has a cough and snotty. Submitted symptoms to 111 website. They are going to ring me back...

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
A neighbour who works for the NHS: "My kids school had to shut down year 2 and year 4 in the first week" - Well, awkward.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
A neighbour who works for the NHS: "My kids school had to shut down year 2 and year 4 in the first week" - Well, awkward.
Well both of mine are going to be off until we get a test result :/

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Unreviwed study concludes chances of catching covid from contact with random individual then dying of it is around 1 in 19 million.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Unreviwed study concludes chances of catching covid from contact with random individual then dying of it is around 1 in 19 million.

Abstract doesn't define what a contact is which makes it a bit hard to judge, it has not been peer reviewed as you stated so it perhaps needs further work

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Unreviewed...1 in 19 million chance. Right

Well that's already been sank by straight up statistics, hasn't it?

Just England, 56 million people, 279k people have been diagnosed, 37,000 people have died.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Funny how all the comments on it are all people that don't believe covid is a problem.

It's almost like this article has been shared on some alt right forum.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
It even says at the top that unreviewed articles should not be used to influence guidelines or policy, its interesting, if the results can be reproduced, and if contact is defined clearly, otherwise, if contact is defined for example as passing someone on the street, it may be true that infection rate is much lower by that metric, but that isn't really new which makes me wonder what they point of the paper is

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Unreviewed...1 in 19 million chance. Right
That's per-person contact.

If, for the whole of covid, you met ONE person of unknown status then your chance of death is that low.

However, if you've contacted with 100 people your chance of death is 1 in 190,000.

Seems perfectly reasonable to me tbpfh.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well both of mine are going to be off until we get a test result :/
Fan-fucking-tastic:

This service is currently very busy
More tests should be available later. If you cannot book a test now, or the location or time are not convenient, try again in a few hours.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Positive?

You get the prestigious medal of first freddy to get covid.

Good luck though.
No he cant get a test. Though afaik a negative test still means you have to isolate.

i got a test at 10:45 on wednesday. Was booked by the hospital weeks ago. I just hopin that they get the results back before saturday or no op for me.

Ormorof

FH is my second home

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Your nearest test sites:
Walk-throughChange to drive-through
  • you need to book your test slot as soon as possible
  • you can walk or cycle to the site (do not go by public transport or taxi)
  • site staff will tell you if an assistant does the swab for you, or if you do it yourself
No test sites found

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
And yet there are test centres with plenty of capacity turning people away because they don't have an appointment.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Whats the going rate on bets that a senior minister or advisor will be caught breaching the rules? How many days will it take for photos to leak? (Days? Or hours?)

Dominic Cummings throws a rave on his patio, because he wanted to test its durability.

As they were testing it, it technically counts as a work place.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Also:

There are currently no home test kits available. Please try again later.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
No he cant get a test. Though afaik a negative test still means you have to isolate.

i got a test at 10:45 on wednesday. Was booked by the hospital weeks ago. I just hopin that they get the results back before saturday or no op for me.

You don't have to self-isolate if you get a negative result here; it would make low paid workers avoid getting tested altogether.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Dominic Cummings throws a rave on his patio, because he wanted to test its durability.

As they were testing it, it technically counts as a work place.

No no officer, i needed these ten people to make sure my eyesight was ok

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom