Politics Coronavirus

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
There's fuck all you can do about that but that's a great conspiracy theory tho :)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
What can one do about friends and relatives that have gone down this rabbit hole? Is there any way back?
I've seen friends succumb to various conspiracy theories over the years, but things seem to be coming to a head recently.

View attachment 42186

'Covid vacation' :D

Though that does sound awful fun atm.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Id say the vaccine for covid has spread out of tinhattery into a wider more historically sane audience.

Im having conversations with educated people in senior positions who are wary of it.
You'll find a very large percentage will not have it , at least until it proves to be safe after extensive rollout.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Id say the vaccine for covid has spread out of tinhattery into a wider more historically sane audience.

Im having conversations with educated people in senior positions who are wary of it.
You'll find a very large percentage will not have it , at least until it proves to be safe after extensive rollout.

If I were the government in your perception of reality I'd made it so the vaccine kills you a couple of years after you take it anyway, so how long you willing to wait?

Job

I think incompetence is their main concern rather than genocide by design.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I don't get this:

They say kids aren't a major infection vector - but why the fuck not?

So, they don't get ill from it. That's great - loads of dead kids would have the country up in arms. But they're still human animals and they won't be sticking to social distancing - so 30 of thrm, packed into tight spaces? How the fuck aren't schools a hotbed of transmission?

This smacks of one of those statements that simply isn't backed by any science. Absence of evidence being taken as evidence of absence...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
My wife is actually thinking about binning teaching for a while, at the end of the first term, down to the way they are handling it. Try and get 12 5 year olds to social distance, good luck with that.

A shame, she absolutely loves her job.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
My wife is actually thinking about binning teaching for a while, at the end of the first term, down to the way they are handling it. Try and get 12 5 year olds to social distance, good luck with that.

A shame, she absolutely loves her job.
How old is she?

Honestly, right now my tolerance is getting low. I'd be tempted to go lick a carrier at this point :(

But that's being glib ...

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't get this:

They say kids aren't a major infection vector - but why the fuck not?

So, they don't get ill from it. That's great - loads of dead kids would have the country up in arms. But they're still human animals and they won't be sticking to social distancing - so 30 of thrm, packed into tight spaces? How the fuck aren't schools a hotbed of transmission?

This smacks of one of those statements that simply isn't backed by any science. Absence of evidence being taken as evidence of absence...

It's a typical 'THINK OF THE CHILDREN' response which is what their job is.

They don't think about the staff etc though.

I mean sure, let's not give a shit about staff and continue school like nothing happened, but when you have an entire school staff off for a month for covid, what have you ultimately achieved?

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
How old is she?

Honestly, right now my tolerance is getting low. I'd be tempted to go lick a carrier at this point :(

But that's being glib ...

She's 44 and we can get by with my salary, it wouldn't be a permanent thing, just until it all fucks off. It's not just the kids and parents it's all the mixed messages and vague statements from government, it's all getting rather tiring.

Job

What they flat refuse to do is put up the death and hospital admission graphs, because they have all flatlined, obviously that would be dangerous because everyone would say.
Fuck this isolation shit.

Im in Grasmere this week and the local Co-op is keeping superstrict to the rules.
But you can walk out..take off your mask and stroll into the cafes and pubs and sit there for hours with other families totally unmasked..

Its about the economy now, the deaths are next to irrelevent.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I think we've blown the "until it all just goes away" opportunity. If the vaccine works, if and when it comes, great. But I suspect it'll be a long way off and we're just goong to have to learn how to live with it.

I'm not worried that under 50's are going to get hit hard. Some will but it's the transmission to people who are properly vulnerable that's the worry - and you don't want to repeat that.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
We're off to the inlaws this weekend, wife has only seen her mum once since Christmas, camping in their garden.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter

SilverHood

FH is my second home
How are you guys determining if it's safe to go on a trip? I'm looking at a short holiday within NY state. Corona cases are flat, at about 1% of tests being positive day on day, for both my current location, and potential destination.

Job

If youre under 45 the flu is more likely to kill you.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If youre under 45 the flu is more likely to kill you.
@Job

This is a final warning, if you are going to post stuff like this you must provide scientific evidence to back it up.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
How are you guys determining if it's safe to go on a trip? I'm looking at a short holiday within NY state. Corona cases are flat, at about 1% of tests being positive day on day, for both my current location, and potential destination
It's about your risk appetite and, unlike @Job, I'd worry about being a spreader rather than the risk to myself.

If you can keep social distancing as best you can and are fastidious in hand washing, then you're probably OK, IMO.

I definitely wouldn't go into a city right now. But then, I think there's barely any reason to do that anyway :)

Job

Will anyone actually download it.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
It's about your risk appetite and, unlike @Job, I'd worry about being a spreader rather than the risk to myself.

If you can keep social distancing as best you can and are fastidious in hand washing, then you're probably OK, IMO.

I definitely wouldn't go into a city right now. But then, I think there's barely any reason to do that anyway :)

Well, I live in a city of over 8 million people... I'd be escaping to either middle of nowhere countryside upstate, or the far east end of Long Island, surrounded by water.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
If these figures are true I would very much like the scheme immediately scrapping, a clawback of taxpayer money and prosecutions.

Yes definitely. The government should be able to connect the workers getting paid and working as well as getting furlough payments.
And then fine and prosecute both company directors and employees.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Hopefully they review fraudulent claims from people pretending to be self employed and working.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Especially if they were stupid enough to brag about it on the internet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom