Politics Coronavirus

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Can't keep track of the flip flopping between threads!

We're all gonna die etc.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Tbh, considering it appears to have first been found in China in November, I'm finding it incredibly hard to believe its taken until mid-February to make it here.

I was one of many people round here who had a fairly evil chest infection over Xmas - dry cough, sweats, headaches etc but no stuffy nose. Mine first turned up about 8 or 9 days after spending the week in an airport hotel in Schiphol popular with the Chinese.

If I had those symptoms now I'd be self isolating, but back then it was just a cough.

Of course if you want to get properly tin foil hatty, try googling Event 201 and the Wuhan Military Games. Hours of endless fun for quarantine

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
The hilarious thing is the people who got it early are now immune and can cruise around the empty streets.

Remember that next time, especially if you needed ventilation....now you'll be fucked.

SilverHood

FH is my second home
Tbh, considering it appears to have first been found in China in November, I'm finding it incredibly hard to believe its taken until mid-February to make it here.

I was one of many people round here who had a fairly evil chest infection over Xmas - dry cough, sweats, headaches etc but no stuffy nose. Mine first turned up about 8 or 9 days after spending the week in an airport hotel in Schiphol popular with the Chinese.

If I had those symptoms now I'd be self isolating, but back then it was just a cough.

Of course if you want to get properly tin foil hatty, try googling Event 201 and the Wuhan Military Games. Hours of endless fun for quarantine

Same thing here, I thought I was dying in mid January, a week after getting back from Mexico City. High fever, dry cough, little nasal discharge, shortness of breath, super lethargic. Lucked out in that I started burning up Friday at the end of the working day, went home, slept entire weekend, Monday was a public holiday, and worked from home rest of the week.

If I'd had those symptoms today, I would be in self quarantine for 2 weeks.

Anyway, NYC is pretty mental right now. Lots of things are sold out.
I've worked at home this week, but my turn to go to office next week. Can minimize risk by walking and not going subway. Food situation is going to be messy for a lot for a lot of people who didn't stock up before hand. I went every day at lunchtime and bought pasta and tinned stuff, but still only have 2 weeks worth of food.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I love that people at work, including my work, are talking about turns in the office etc.

I've been in once in 3 weeks and nobody has blinked - my fuel (and therefore environment) bill has dropped to practically nothing. :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I love that people at work, including my work, are talking about turns in the office etc.

I've been in once in 3 weeks and nobody has blinked - my fuel (and therefore environment) bill has dropped to practically nothing. :)
I been in the office one day over the last 2 years ;)

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
"Appearing as a guest on the Alex Jones Show last month"

Yea that part was a bit meh, he still has clout though (not alex jones, the law prof)

If it's not true - business will go on as per usual

If it is true though? every nation affected will be out for Chinese blood (And I don't mean that in the literal sense) they'll collectively rape the Chinese economy though.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yea that part was a bit meh, he still has clout though (not alex jones, the law prof)

If it's not true - business will go on as per usual

If it is true though? every nation affected will be out for Chinese blood (And I don't mean that in the literal sense) they'll collectively rape the Chinese economy though.
Its just a conspiracy theory

Gwadien

As I said, if it is shit goes on as usual

if any government can prove it though? then what?

Can we deal with it first then start asking questions later?

I don't feel like we're in a good position to fuck about with China, especially considering how impressive theyve been over this whole thing.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Of course the odds are this will be nowhere near as bad as the prediction by incomplete stats fearmongering carries on.

Chinas potential death rate was 45m going on the figures bandied about.

Gwadien

Tldr we've chronically underfunded the NHS for years have less preparation for this shit than any other country in the world, so therefore we're going to try to control the spread (lol, control) so that we will probably have more deaths but atleast we don't have to ask people to pull their weight in society to help battle this, we need to keep the rich rich.

Basically, Tories.

Whilst it's all good for the resident Tories to start facepalming me because they're fine, I'm not, and I do have asthma.

~Yuckfou~

Lovely person
We are in total lock down here (Spain). Everything is closed apart from food shops, petrol stations and medical facilities. We are not allowed to leave home unless going to one of those, and then only one of us can go. It is being enforced rigorously by the 3 flavours of Police we have and the military are on standby to help. There is a minimum 600 euro fine up to 30,000 euros for breaking the rules.
Last week panic buying was rife, our usual supermarket had zero fresh meat or bog roll, don't understand the bog roll thing. This week the supermarkets are placing restrictions on how many people are allowed in and how much you can buy.
We've also just had our first confirmed case in town, a young bloke, so he should be OK. The Madrid lot all panicked and came down south to their holiday homes spreading the virus, nice one.
To top it all the weathers turned a bit shit also, first time since we've been here, hay ho.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Tldr we've chronically underfunded the NHS for years have less preparation for this shit than any other country in the world, so therefore we're going to try to control the spread (lol, control) so that we will probably have more deaths but atleast we don't have to ask people to pull their weight in society to help battle this, we need to keep the rich rich.

Basically, Tories.

Whilst it's all good for the resident Tories to start facepalming me because they're fine, I'm not, and I do have asthma.
I can facepalm you cause i have asthma also :)

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Can we deal with it first then start asking questions later?

I don't feel like we're in a good position to fuck about with China, especially considering how impressive theyve been over this whole thing.
Impressive and brutal

Embattle

FH is my second home
I love the fact the supermarkets around here have signs about limiting the amount you can buy even though there is nothing on the shelf.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I love the fact the supermarkets around here have signs about limiting the amount you can buy even though there is nothing on the shelf.

Supermarkets over here are absolutely fine (so far); funnily enough the only one where I’ve seen lots of empty shelves is Tesco; the local chains have got their replen well in hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom