Politics Coronavirus

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Glenn!!!!

Also @Job - christ almighty I knew you were a bit of a racist, but these last couple of pages have been off the charts. Rather than sending immigrants home, can we send you to somewhere far away where your views will be appreciated?

Like Russia?
Yeah couldnt remember if i got this here or on twitter or facebook. Or if i posted it before so just took a punt lol

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Scouse uses hearsay and a few personal experiences to claim Indians arent racist.

I use the same to claim they are.

Except I have 50 years of almost total non integration of immigrants into each others cultures as proof, they are ghettoised, insular and
quite simply racist by their actions as groups.

Its actually their best bet to remain as a group, jewish racism has kept their communities and culture together way beyond what you would expect if they had followed a path of normal integration.
We have the ridiculous situation of constant reddit posts celebrating women being freed from harsh islamic law and throwing away their hijabs.
Yet they choose to wear them over here.
To survive as a group communities tighten up their culture and its racist.

White people arent allowed to do it.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
I know lots of Indian people, none of whom are racist.

You appear to be confusing Islam with India too.

I'm fairly sure you weren't this mental last time I was on FH...what has happened to make you go full tilt, balls deep screeching to the wind?

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Except I have 50 years of almost total non integration of immigrants into each others cultures as proof, they are ghettoised, insular and
quite simply racist by their actions as groups.

Its actually their best bet to remain as a group, jewish racism has kept their communities and culture together way beyond what you would expect if they had followed a path of normal integration.
We have the ridiculous situation of constant reddit posts celebrating women being freed from harsh islamic law and throwing away their hijabs.
Yet they choose to wear them over here.
To survive as a group communities tighten up their culture and its racist.

White people arent allowed to do it.

Maybe it's the racist (white) cunts like you all around them that makes them afraid to integrate more, huh ? Huh???

EDIT: Added the 'white' as Job would blame some other ethnic group....

Job

Im talking about each other.

We couldnt possibly do more to help or encourage.
No fuck it..its all our fault, without white people the world would be racist free.

Job

I know lots of Indian people, none of whom are racist.

You appear to be confusing Islam with India too.

I'm fairly sure you weren't this mental last time I was on FH...what has happened to make you go full tilt, balls deep screeching to the wind?
No Im clearly not confusing them

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Bound to happen. That and the affects of isolation, depression. people losing their jobs, people getting into debt etc. That is the balance that needs to be achieved. Complete shut down was a farce from the start, it would have been far better to have a more strict lock down, earlier (and then not completely undermine it...)

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Bound to happen. That and the affects of isolation, depression. people losing their jobs, people getting into debt etc. That is the balance that needs to be achieved. Complete shut down was a farce from the start, it would have been far better to have a more strict lock down, earlier (and then not completely undermine it...)
Is it that easy for you to dismiss this as bound to happen.... WOW and to think this is just the beginning of the issues that will be seen in countries that had a strict lockdown - but hey if you are good with that "i'm alright attitude".... please not I am not saying that these lockdowns were not required especially in high populated countries however as a government you MUST also ensure that your population is protected from this level of violence.

There are several things I do not understand about how the UK is opening up - schools (in countries that have not done a strict shutdown during the height of the virus there was very little evidence that kids had issues with the virus or brought it home and infected their parents)
Why hairdressers but not other elements of personal upkeep - there have been no evidence of super spreading in beauty salons...

Finally I can not wait for tomorrows headlines with British pubs opening tomorrow at 6am.... like he beaches will we be subjected to stories of drunken fucktards shitting in pint glasses because they are too fucking lazy to use the pub toilets...

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Erm...Acknowledging something is bound to happen (when it is obvious it would happen) isn't saying I am OK with it...but OK.

The Tories have got pretty much everything wrong with the pandemic, an increase in domestic abuse, or at least not doing something to increase support for victims, is just one of them.

Job

Just in.
Every newspaper in every country in the world.
The ....party in charge atm...have totally fucked up compared to ...some country they always think is better.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Many governments have got an unprecedented event wrong, yes. But we aren't talking about every government, we are discussing one that's leader is bent over a barrel by an adviser with a USB drive full of dodgy photos and documents.
Edit, I should add that for that reason alone the public decided several weeks ago to basically just ignore government advice and do whatever the fuck they like.

Last edited:

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Just in.
Every newspaper in every country in the world.
The ....party in charge atm...have totally fucked up compared to ...some country they always think is better.
Mostly this.

apart from the sars countries theres been things that could have been done better everywhere. And each country has its own culture and cultural issues as well as different population densities. So one model doesnt fit all.

and hindsight gives you 100% vision

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time

So complete shutdown was a farce, the way to solve this problem would have been more complete shutdown?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
and hindsight gives you 100% vision
Good thing we didn't have to rely on hindsight and could simply rely on the pandemic planning the WHO told us to prepare for a decade ago - effectively called "how to prepare for coronavirus for dummies" - which meant we didn't unnecessarily lose 50,000 of our population and have a horrendously extended lockdown.

Oh. Wait :(

It's a fucking joke that there are still people who shrug their shoulders and say "how were we to know". .

..WE WERE WARNED *AND* TOLD WHAT TO DO. :eek:

Last edited:

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
So complete shutdown was a farce, the way to solve this problem would have been more complete shutdown?
Yes. A sharper, harder shutdown brought in earlier with big fines for people who broke it, which would have resulted in significantly less death and a shorter, less protracted lockdown.

One thing hindsight has given us is absolute clarity that our government royally fucked up - and not just during the crisis but in the decade before - including when they created that quango you like to blame shit on.

That is crystal clear.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber

Complete shut down, earlier. Yes, not complete shut down, swiftly dismantled through weak (or compromised) government. When it kicked off people took it seriously, Tesco (for example) was great, 1 way traffic, you forgot something, go around again! people observing it etc etc. Old mate Dom visits his mum for her birthday, takes a 30 mile eye test. Boris collapses in a pile of nervous, guilty sweat, does what he's told. Stupid people (lets be fair here, most people are basically stupid) do whatever they like, the change in attitude to the pandemic was obvious, over night.

I'm a parish councillor these days (go me!) and even on the tiny scale I work on the stupidity of people is staggering, people whining that we closed the tennis courts, football pitch and park in the village at the height of the pandemic.

Yes, an earlier and more strict lockdown would have been far better. What we got was a wishy washy late lock down that was essentially dismantled, psychologically, as soon as it started...and it has cost lives, and will continue to cost lives. We are now at the point where the horse has left the barn, had a family and died.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Edit time (man 10 mins...really?_

It's up to non-fuckwits to look after themselves now, as desperately sad as that is. The second wave is coming and we are at a point that as society, economically, we just can't afford another lock down. I'm lucky enough to have a job that is essential to my company that I can do from home, in an industry that is considered essential (distribution and maintenance) and my wife is a teacher so will get paid regardless. The after shocks from the piss-poor management of this will be felt for months/years.

I also extended my rolling 3 months of supplies to 6 months :)

Job

Ha the wife was a parish counciller for a bit, she'll take on anything but she only lasted 6 weeks because of that.
Just endless emails about bolaks and entrenched opinions on everything else from the team.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
So she lasted one meeting then? Must have been quite an asset.

Job

Its not over yet.
Obviously the next step is pulling apart the figures from countries around the world.

Oh you were counting people with hair?

Bodhi

Yes. A sharper, harder shutdown brought in earlier with big fines for people who broke it, which would have resulted in significantly less death and a shorter, less protracted lockdown.

One thing hindsight has given us is absolute clarity that our government royally fucked up - and not just during the crisis but in the decade before - including when they created that quango you like to blame shit on.

That is crystal clear.

Belgium did that. How did they get on?

Bodhi

Complete shut down, earlier. Yes, not complete shut down, swiftly dismantled through weak (or compromised) government. When it kicked off people took it seriously, Tesco (for example) was great, 1 way traffic, you forgot something, go around again! people observing it etc etc. Old mate Dom visits his mum for her birthday, takes a 30 mile eye test. Boris collapses in a pile of nervous, guilty sweat, does what he's told. Stupid people (lets be fair here, most people are basically stupid) do whatever they like, the change in attitude to the pandemic was obvious, over night.

I'm a parish councillor these days (go me!) and even on the tiny scale I work on the stupidity of people is staggering, people whining that we closed the tennis courts, football pitch and park in the village at the height of the pandemic.

Yes, an earlier and more strict lockdown would have been far better. What we got was a wishy washy late lock down that was essentially dismantled, psychologically, as soon as it started...and it has cost lives, and will continue to cost lives. We are now at the point where the horse has left the barn, had a family and died.

Wow. So much wrong. Lockdown was a nice hypothesis, and it's nice the scientists behind it had their time in the sun, but now we've seen the reality we can deduce it was a fucking terrible idea and should never be tried again.

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Yes, because stopping people from spreading the virus (you know, something that is passed from person to person) is such a bad idea.

Perhaps we should have done what America did! Yeah, that's working out great for them.

...and please don't bring up deaths per 100k without bringing up population density.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom