Cooling down

D

Dimebag

Just got a thermaltake volcano 7+ pure copper jobby for 25 quid.

I'll keep it short, bloody heavy sink, very well put together, scrubs up lovely, idles my xp 2200 at 40C without acpi or htl commands on the LOWEST fan setting, as in its almost silent.

Lovely piece of kit, buy it.

Now I know that natively it idles at 40C there is plenty of room for some overclocking when i get my new KD7 Raid board :D I cant wait for that board to come through it looks utterly lovely.

Dime

PS also just noticed this...

What a clot i am...........had the fan on the cpu blowing air into the heatsink.....turned it over and now down to 48 degrees

You're not a clot mate, i thought fans were meant to blow down into the sink but ive found over time it depends totally on the sink and setup you are using. My thermaltake blows down into it, my taisol one before it did but like i said it really depends on what you are using and what works best for you.

L

legendario

Originally posted by Dimebag
Just got a thermaltake volcano 7+ pure copper jobby for 25 quid.

scrubs up lovely, idles my xp 2200 at 40C without acpi or htl commands on the LOWEST fan setting, as in its almost silent.

How do you change the fan setting?

I have a volcano 6cu+ and it runs at 7000 rpm constant and makes a bit of a racket...i would like it to run a bit slower if possible.

Cheers

Leg.

D

Dimebag

The 7+ comes with a little cable comming off the fan with a box on it, its a switch that has hi, low and median (its got all jap packaging and language on it so i forgive them) settings.

The fan however has fucked barings which makes it buzz at random intervals which is quite annoying.

Waited so long for it i cant be bothered sending it back, just turn my music up louder :]

Dime

B

bodhi

My P4 goes up to 36C under load. And thats with the stock Intel HSF on it :/

T

tris-

i seen a guy who bought an air conditioning unit just to cool his PC down :eek:

D

Dimebag

Your P4 runs at 36C bodhi? Im so fucking pleased for you. Not that my chip 1) shits all over it anyway and 2) Athlons have always run hotter than P4's anyway. I'm really really bothered that your chip runs 10 C cooler than mine under load because it REALLY IS important.

Not the fact that my chip only runs 100Mhz faster than yours anyway but actually probably out performs it by an exponential factor.

Dime

PS (Oh yeah it probably cost a helluva lot less too)

Infact! My old 1.2 athlon actually had a PR rating of 1600 odd so god knows what this 1.8 xp 2200 would do. So your chip may run cooler than mine, but it doesnt escape that fact that its shit :/ Sorry :/

Users who are viewing this thread