Continued from Jordies gratz thread:

Nate

FH is my second home
As it went a little off-topic on the thread I originally posted this quote and thus didn't receive an answer, here is what I said in Jordies gratz thread in the RvR forum:

Nate said:
Why do you take it as an insult when people say "well zerged"?

If you want to play that way, then you obviously do that because you enjoy it..when people recognise this and put it to you, you don't like it. Which is quite silly imo.

You should really learn to accept the consequences of your actions.

It would be nice to have a few replies from Dark Aurora members here. I realise that being told "well zerged" may have meant to be an insult by the original poster, but still it doesn't mean you have to take it that way.

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
It would be nice to have a few replies from Dark Aurora members here. I realise that being told "well zerged" may have meant to be an insult by the original poster, but still it doesn't mean you have to take it that way.

Maybe they took it as an insult because you meant it as an insult? Saying someone zergs is saying they have no skill and just use weight of numbers to win. Just because they run with superior numbers doesn't mean they have no skill.

Maybe you should have congratulated him on his ability to organise and run a BG if you had nothing better to say.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Maybe they took it as an insult because you meant it as an insult? Saying someone zergs is saying they have no skill and just use weight of numbers to win. Just because they run with superior numbers doesn't mean they have no skill.

Maybe you should have congratulated him on his ability to organise and run a BG if you had nothing better to say.

Thing is, Dark Aurora themselves say they do NOT run for fg vs fg and doesnt try to avoid adding or zerging, so, why would fg rvr'ers calling them zergers make them upset? :p

Nate

FH is my second home

I wasn't the one that said well zerged. I congratulated him, and the only posts I made were questioning the response of some DA members. I've never had a problem with people having different playstyles, I am merely trying to answer a few questions reguarding them.

censi

Can't get enough of FH
this is similar to the arguement I used to put forward to synergy...

they would argue they just played the game and its fun and so what if they dont wanna play to the "honor" crews rules (which kind of is a fair enough comment, although im prolly conveying in a more lighthearted way here)..

So yes theres a certain irony when the peeps who dont give a shit about trying to play with some respect, suddenly take offense to someone pointing this out...

This forum definetly leans towards the side of the leetist (which has its benefits as well as down sideS).... so really if you wanna give someone a gratz who perhap isnt the most honorable player to ever grace the game... then do it in game ir guild forum or something... otherwise the peeps will just be brutally honest...

However if you really want an honest assessment then go for it....

Jordie

Fledgling Freddie
all i know is that my grats thread was hijacked by ppl who in there opinion decided to comment on the play style of the guild im in, i said in my reply to the ppl who where giving me grats that when i joined da i was already rr8+ so for them to say well zerged etc is non sense in my eyes unless they meant that every guild i have been in zerged etc. and ppl can say what they like about da we play the game and have fun and a laugh that is why we are still together after other guilds have come and gone. we will continue to ignore the comments of ppl who say these things because all we play for is fun .

Cadelin

Resident Freddy
Thing is, Dark Aurora themselves say they do NOT run for fg vs fg and doesnt try to avoid adding or zerging, so, why would fg rvr'ers calling them zergers make them upset? :p

Calling someone a zerger is an insult. That is the reason to get upset about it, especially in a grats thread.

Why does it matter who the insult comes from? Or are you saying that the fg rvr'ers regularly spew so much bullshit that we should just /ignore them all? :p

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
As it went a little off-topic on the thread I originally posted this quote and thus didn't receive an answer, here is what I said in Jordies gratz thread in the RvR forum:

Stop trying to be l33t. You're anything but l33t.

Nate

FH is my second home
Stop trying to be l33t. You're anything but l33t.

Great, I never wanted to be. I'm happy to be a normal person. Fuck are you even going on about.

Thanks for replying jordie.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
And for those who are a bit slow, ill put it like this.

Why do you take it as an insult when people say "your l33t"?

If you want to think you are, then you obviously think that because you enjoy it..when people recognise this and put it to you, you don't like it. Which is quite silly imo.

Thank you.

Inso

One of Freddy's beloved
He seems to excel at slinging random shit and whining. Grats to that though.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
If you want to think you are, then you obviously think that because you enjoy it..when people recognise this and put it to you, you don't like it. Which is quite silly imo.
I don't recall Nate nor me saying that we're "l33t". I do think that you're an idiot tho. You aswell Manisch, no worries.

Eleasias

Can't get enough of FH
If you get insulted by getting called what you are then you need to take a look at yourself and wonder why.

Nate

FH is my second home
It seems Tuthmes loves to stalk members of the group I'm in and try to put them down in some category with no fact to back up his argument.

I've never; tried to, been, wanted, told, spoke of "l33t" in his little world I somehow am and flash my e-peen all around the place.

The posts I've made have at least some truth to them.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I don't recall Nate nor me saying that we're "l33t". I do think that you're an idiot tho. You aswell Manisch, no worries.

Time to buy some cluepon's from Caeli, Congax. You're totally missing the point.

kirennia

Part of the furniture
I've never; tried to, been, wanted, told, spoke of "l33t" in his little world I somehow am and flash my e-peen all around the place.

Ahha, AHHA! You just did!.....

.....Sorry, I'll leave now :(

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
It seems Tuthmes loves to stalk members of the group I'm in and try to put them down in some category with no fact to back up his argument.

The posts I've made have at least some truth to them.

Stalking is soo yesterday, same goes for making idiotic attention threads. Where you hi-jacked someone's gratz thread and now want to prove a point over nothing. But like must of the members of your group, you're too thick to see it.

No Nate, you never did, neither did Jordie call himself a zerger or is trying to be one on purpose.

Congax

Fledgling Freddie
Time to buy some cluepon's from Caeli, Congax. You're totally missing the point.
It's cause you have no point, you simpleton. Nate wanted to start a simple and proper discussion (his first point in this thread was in no way agressive at all to anyone) yet you start acting like a cock.

Honestly, do something meaningful.

Nate

FH is my second home
Stalking is soo yesterday, same goes for making idiotic attention threads. Where you hi-jacked someone's gratz thread and now want to prove a point over nothing. But like must of the members of your group, you're too thick to see it.

No Nate, you never did, neither did Jordie call himself a zerger or is trying to be one on purpose.

I was asked to make this thread by Madam Mim, so how this is an attention thread I haven't got the foggiest. Why I would want to make one I also don't really understand.

I'm sure "must" of the members of my group would be smart enough to spell correctly when throwing an insult at someone.

Tuthmes

FH is my second home
I was asked to make this thread by Madam Mim, so how this is an attention thread I haven't got the foggiest.

I'm sure "must" of the members of my group would be smart enough to spell correctly when throwing an insult at someone.

Awwww i made a typo :mad:

aika

Can't get enough of FH
And for those who are a bit slow, ill put it like this.

Why do you take it as an insult when people say "your l33t"?

Thank you.

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Tuthmes again. :(

Deepfried

One of Freddy's beloved
DA play for fun which in my time with them is what i and all the rest of us had.
sometimes we ran as 1fg sometimes 2 fg sometimes 3fg...is that a crime?
i would say it is a happy guild who like to play together when online
me personally i have never said i play fg v fg as septina as said already i just cannot be bothered with setting up an IRC channel or whatever they are called to arrange fights with other groups
i hate argramon too laggy and i hate hills as im too old to run up them:m00:
i have to say my time spent with DA was a happy time and i'm sure i will run around with them again but for now i must find my precious
studiomonkey <retired>

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
DA play for fun which in my time with them is what i and all the rest of us had.
sometimes we ran as 1fg sometimes 2 fg sometimes 3fg...is that a crime?
i would say it is a happy guild who like to play together when online
me personally i have never said i play fg v fg as septina as said already i just cannot be bothered with setting up an IRC channel or whatever they are called to arrange fights with other groups
i hate argramon too laggy and i hate hills as im too old to run up them:m00:
i have to say my time spent with DA was a happy time and i'm sure i will run around with them again but for now i must find my precious
studiomonkey <retired>

Thats nice for you...but its not what he asked.

He asked why zergers find it insulting when they are referred to as zergers.

(not you but someone else) As for saying zergers are skilled...well...lol

Punishment

Resident Freddy
all i know is that my grats thread was hijacked by ppl who in there opinion decided to comment on the play style of the guild im in...

Shit sticks :(

My personal opinion when people zerg to a certain rr saying ''I don't care what people think i play only for fun'' Which is fine imo even if i disagree with the playstyle of zerging down soloer's in 2fg minizerg's ;)

But when they do make/get a m8 to make a gratz thread for them and complain when they get flamed to bits it always makes me smile ... As the trousersnake says ''What Goes Around Comes Around''

Stick to you guns and dont go looking for acclaim imo :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom