Content Management

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
I just had a look but the XML prologue is still present in the source code so you'll still be in quirks mode for Internet Explorer. This shouldn't have any impact on your ability to view source mind; that's likely a problem with your computer.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I think it was a problem with Mambo's search engine friendly url mode, I switched it off now. Before when I viewed source on some pages all I got was a blank page. I don't think Google etc has a problem with long/dynamic urls anymore anyway, so it shouldn't make any difference.

If I take the XML prologue out the site doesn't work properly. :)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Well, the XML prologue /definately/ puts IE in quirks, so you might want to check it in all browsers to ensure that it's not broken in those. Very odd.

You might want to consider leaving the friendly URLs on. Think about it this way - it's just for search engines that these 'friendly URLs' exist. Think about for users? If someone sees a page with a garbage query string (I dunno "?section=news&category=all&red=green&startat=0" or something), they wont remember it. If they see "/news/", however, they will.

Friendly URIs are a far bigger accessibility concern for other human beings than they are for search engines.

It can ease maintaince too. If your content management system gets an update the query string format changes, then someone's bookmark to your garbage-URI to your news page will break too. If you have "/news/", it will be persistant not just for the life of your current CMS, but you can map to same location to the equivilent page of an entirely different CMS in the future, without a user ever having to know.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I can't have friendly URLs because I think the cheap host that site is on doesn't have apache; when I put the .htaccess file on there that friendly URLs needs it just disappears - and when you view source you just get a blank page, so I have to stick with the garbage.

I can not get rid of the XML prologue becasue it is part of Mambo code and fucks up the site when I delete it; all the menus and boxes jump around when I delete that one line, perhaps thewre is a way around this but I don't know?

One of the things that does seem to be good in Mambo is that I can have different meta tags for different pages, but compared to al the others I've tried it's a real pain to get working without glitches. :)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
It could be that the default Mambo template has been coded for Internet Explorer's quirks mode... You might need to modify it.

I would advise doing so for any production site you do with it. Producing a cross-browser layout will be easier with IE in standards-ish-mode and when IE7 comes out at the end of the year, you'll be in more a position to take advantage of the bug fixes they add.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I checked last night, all the Mambo templates are coded the same way; how can I modify it without messing the site up? This is the code for the index.php head:

Code:
<?php
/**
* Beyond Tomorow  - A Mambo 4.5.1-4.5.2 template
* @version r2
* @package beyond_tomorow
* @copyright (C) 2005 by rgb (raduga) Gorsk.net Studio  http://support.gorsk.net/
* @license = present for you!!! GNU/GPL
*/

defined( '_VALID_MOS' ) or die( 'Direct Access to this location is not allowed.' );
// needed to seperate the ISO number from the language file constant _ISO
$iso = split( '=', _ISO );
// xml prolog
echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="'. $iso[1] .'"?' .'>';
?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD xhtml 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">
<html xmlns="http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml">

<head>
<?php
if ( $my->id ) {
	initEditor();
}
?>
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; <?php echo _ISO; ?>" />
<?php mosShowHead(); ?>

<?php echo "<link rel=\"shortcut icon\" href=\"$GLOBALS[mosConfig_live_site]/images/favicon.ico\" />" ; ?>
<?php echo "<link rel=\"stylesheet\" href=\"$GLOBALS[mosConfig_live_site]/templates/$GLOBALS[cur_template]/css/template_css.css\" type=\"text/css\"/>" ; ?>

<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
function runClock() {
theTime = window.setTimeout("runClock()", 1000);
var today = new Date();
var display = today.toLocaleString();
window.status = display;
}
runClock();
-->
</script>
<script language="JavaScript" type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    function MM_reloadPage(init) {  //reloads the window if Nav4 resized
      if (init==true) with (navigator) {if ((appName=="Netscape")&&(parseInt(appVersion)==4)) {
        document.MM_pgW=innerWidth; document.MM_pgH=innerHeight; onresize=MM_reloadPage; }}
      else if (innerWidth!=document.MM_pgW || innerHeight!=document.MM_pgH) location.reload();
    }
    MM_reloadPage(true);
    //-->
  </script>

</head>
:)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
You should just be able to remove the two lines reading:
Code:
// xml prolog

Better still, just comment out the XML prologue, by changing it to this:

Code:
// xml prolog
// echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="'. $iso[1] .'"?' .'>';

Obviously be careful not to remove the "?>" tags that make up the PHP code. Notive that the prologue "?>" is actually split up to avoid PHP parsing errors (.'"?' .'>').

Hope that helps. That shouldn't change any of the HTML content, but will switch IE into standards mode so it's possible that some of the boxes will shift to a different size.

Quirks mode calculates box size wrong: CSS width property on its own, as opposed to standards mode which calculates it correctly where the width of the rendered box is equal to CSS width+padding+margin. Note the difference?.

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
On a brief inspection, the page looks nigh on identical in Internet Explorer, Firefox and Opera. That's how it should be (even if it's not how you want it to be yet).

Any issues with how it looks now are consistant across all the browsers, so it's from this state that you need to set about tweaking and finalising your theme.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm, but the whole point of using Mambo and such, and using their themes, is so you don't have to mess around with this stuff. Surely they don't expect everyone to alter the index.php then bugger around with the style sheets and whatever till it works like it did when you uploaded it in the first place? That's madness! :)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Well, it's a mistake on their part I'm afraid. The author of that theme can't have been testing very hard (which is strange, since most XHTML converts are well aware of the need to test in multiple browsers). Like I say, when I checked last night it now looked the same in all three major browsers. If you think that it now looks wrong then I can only assume that it must have been different in IE originally.

You could try a different theme to base your work off?

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I found this on the Mambo forums:

6. The XML prologue is actually optional, and is known to cause various problems

Including the XML prologue below throws IE6 into quirks mode. This can be good, or bad, depending on your point of view and whether your not your design will "break" in IE5/5.5 or vice versa due to the different handling of the box model.

[code:1:d7212254f4]

&lt;?php echo &quot;&lt;?xml version=\&quot;1.0\&quot;?&gt;&quot;; ?&gt;
[/code:1:d7212254f4]

IMPORTANT: This is a tricky issue, with various consequences. I personally do not like having IE6 in quirks mode, which means that I try to remove the XML prologue when posssible. However, on my current design for example I have left it there, because IE6 will display my boxes differently than IE5.5 if I were to take it out with out first fixing my CSS to account for the box model problems. (Isn't this fun?) I plan to fix my CSS in time so I can remove the prologue tag. Some people also argue that the prologue should be there to guarentee future compatibilily as a true XML document, but because of the quirks mode problems most "standards geeks" seem to omit this tag from their pages.

ALSO: Until all presentation code is removed from the Mambo core and/or various components, YOU ARE AT THE MERCY OF OTHER DEVELOPERS in terms of how your site will display with or without the XML prologue, depending on how their code behaves in quirks vs. non-quirks mode. Be sure to test your code if you remove this code fragment.
:)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I think I'll have to learn CSS in it's entirity, instead of just the smattering I know now; then I'll feel more confident about deleting this bit of troublesome code and fixing the style sheet instead. I was going to buy a book on CSS after I read a book on PHP, which I finished ages ago, so I think I'll go and buy the CSS book today, seeing as I've got a day off. :)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Mambo user menu republish

Another problem with Mambo is that it's so popular that the forums are too full, whenever you post a question it drops off the page in no time because of all the new posts!

MKJ, or anyone, can you tell me how to get the user menu back after I've unpublished it? :)

Edit: it's not that important, I just realised you can move the menu items that were in the user menu to the main menu.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Hi

If you unpublish anything in Mambo it can still be shown. Menus though are a little trickerer. Once you decide to 'not show' the menu' well it ain't full stop but the links it held can still be. If you want to show something that you have ticked off as 'unpublished' or whatever look for the link code url which is located about 3 steps down when you look at the menu link. By just using that url along with the rest of the Mambo url you are using it will still show regardless of being deactivated. Therefore you can make you own links. My site has gone barmy now or I have. I have totally stripped a Mambo theme of blocks bar the middle section. But I am pulling in modules from godknows where into the site. Believe it or not but I am displaying Xoops modules in the same site! I realized that if you pull sections of whichever portal is installed on your server into an iframe it shows regardless of whichever portal you are using as your main. I have the Xoops Xcomics, Flash Games and Video modules for instance in my Mambo site. I starting to totally lose the thread I think but I don't feel like I am. All makes sense to me :D .

To get back to your main point. You can infact make your own menus with much more control over the contents. There are already 'prebuilt' modules for this. Tigra menu I think is one. But if you know how to go about it you can infact make your own. It isn't hard to create your own menus and show them through an iframe. You can create links using any hidden or 'unpublished' menu. These links will still work as long as you make them create a 'new page'. This is where stuff gets a little odd but you can 'fool' Mambo into displaying anything really in modules. Just try it (eh on your own head be it), but for instance go to display an installed module such Akobrowser (Homepage Bookmarker etc - think it is called that anyways). Make it show wherever you want it to show then take a look at the php file that creates the module and alter the code. For instance I added a popup window to show a 'Tell Friend' script. Infact you can make the module do anything. Even though it is supposed to display something and Mambo makes it run it will show whatever you put in it or change it to. Therefore the same module can be made into a menu. Instead of a module block showing 'Akobrowser' it could infact display an iframe with a link to an external menu or just a simple menu. Hope you following this? If not I will put some more garbage up for you to read.

Eh enough for now.

Regards

MKJ
(Eh my own site needs tons of work - especially on the first page.)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Just reworked the first page infact.

My site is more like an hobby than anything. I just keep messing about and changing it as and when I feel the need. Bit of interest though on the way I have put the first page together. Like this:

Mambo theme without any left or right blocks. Both taken out of the theme. I have made the central part full width so that I am able to use the full width of the screen. A wrapper link used to pull in a page containing an iframe - main file.

This in effect is an iframe (Mambo wrapper) pulling in a page containing another large iframe.

The main file has another 3 iframes. Each iframe is pulling in a javascript gallery script that I have altered to display my Mambo links and other links. The gallery script scrolls left and right with mouse over. Can show an endless amount of links now. The links are made to either load a new page for the Mambo links, or are made to show new windows for forums etc or to load into the main iframe - I1 in this case.

Seems to work fine but there is an issue with Opera not scrolling the gallery links but I think I can get around that by loading the javascripts in different files as opposed to loading them within the smaller iframes.

Site still looks naff but I am going to experiment with background faded pictures now.

MKJ
Sites-4u

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
10 minutes is just not enough time given to alter your postings. Downright annoying.

Above should read that the main file pulls in a file containing another 3 iframes. Otherwise if you try to follow above you just gonna get in a right muddle.

MKJ

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
What exactly is your site, it looks like a big site of links with no pages in it? :)

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Yup. That is about all it is really. I been messing about with displaying links for so long I haven't got around to adding any content yet :D . Good fun though. No idea what content to add anyways. Before long I reckon I will make it more personal and show stuff about myself and my interests. Though the companies I have on there are damn good ones and I get tons of daily money off coupons etc to offer visitors. Bit boring though. I am more intersted in finding ways to display stuff that the actual stuff itself.

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah. Got my Gallery menus to work in Opera now too. Just a simple matter of adjusting the div controlling the menu. Funny thing is that the menus now work with Opera the best. Better than Explorer and Firefox now. Infact the latest version of Opera is - as far as I am concerned - acting a lot better than previous versions. Seems to be handling divs in an improved manner anyways.

Explorer - utterly forgiving and will allow your html errors to run regardless.
Firefox - this one to check on html errors. You have to be exact for this one. Great way to check your coding.
Opera - needs to be run for checking on div action and distortion.

By the way I mentioned that I was using Xoops modules in my site. Well I am using Xcomics as a complete module but the others - Videos and Flash games can be added to any page. I simply found the iframe source the modules were using. So if you want some fun video content or game content to your site add these in a page:

(Mambo users can simply create a menu link using a 'wrapper' (Mambo iframe)and use the links below for the wrapper links).

http://www.freegaming.de/webmastercontent/fungames.php

and this for videos:

http://www.freegaming.de/webmastercontent/funvideos.php

or if you want this content in any page in any site then use these:

Free Games use below:

<iframe align=center name="I1" width="600" height="500" frameborder="0" src="http://www.freegaming.de/webmastercontent/fungames.php" scrolling="auto">
</iframe>

Free Fun Videos use below:

<iframe align=center name="I1" width="600" height="500" frameborder="0" src="http://www.freegaming.de/webmastercontent/funvideos.php" scrolling="auto">
</iframe>

Adjust them for size as you see fit obviously.

Or simply link to them and make them create new windows etc.

MKJ
Sites-4u

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Wot you think of the look of my site now Maljonic? Does it still look naff? Couple of sliding menus there. Mouse overs etc. I am working on the software side of things now. So many products on there though it is going to take weeks for me to work through it. I have started to show products as opposed to sites now. You can see how I have done it on this page:

Software

Choose MP3 Tools at the top (working my way through the site starting with Audio/Video Burners (needs a bit of adjustment though) - MP3 Tools is better). The selection shows on the right. If you then click any of the right hand selection the products shows on the left :) . Simple case of loading different iframes. Me and my iframes!

I know the site looks dull and boring for sure. I kinda like it but then again my taste is a bit iffy I think. Once content is included though - got a load of health pages etc for the main site and computer related content for the software side - it should start to take shape.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
It definately is better to have some content, I like the way you've used the iframes; it will be a great improvment when there is content/descriptions for everything, that way there's a purpose to being at the site other than being redirected to other sites. :)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I have a Mambo-related question for you. How do I change my front page so it doesn't say 'Home' in the title? I see you've changed yours so it repeats the name you've given your site, which file do I alter? :)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Shovel said:
You should just be able to remove the two lines reading:
Code:
// xml prolog

Better still, just comment out the XML prologue, by changing it to this:

Code:
// xml prolog
// echo '<?xml version="1.0" encoding="'. $iso[1] .'"?' .'>';

Obviously be careful not to remove the "?>" tags that make up the PHP code. Notive that the prologue "?>" is actually split up to avoid PHP parsing errors (.'"?' .'>').

Hope that helps. That shouldn't change any of the HTML content, but will switch IE into standards mode so it's possible that some of the boxes will shift to a different size.

Quirks mode calculates box size wrong: CSS width property on its own, as opposed to standards mode which calculates it correctly where the width of the rendered box is equal to CSS width+padding+margin. Note the difference?.
I'm taking your advice and removing the xml prologue, I've managed to get the boxes to work so they don't jump around but I'm still having a problem with the background coming up twice when xml prologue is removed.

if you look at the page: http://www.locationyork.co.uk/ the background is working as it should, but it's also attached to the layout too.

I'm sure I just need to add another background setting in the style sheet somewhere to fix this, or perhaps there's a way to stop the background cascading through the entire sheet, but my mind is all askew and I can't see where. I'm slowly getting the hang of this css lark but can you, or anyone, take a look at the style sheet below and see what I need to alter to get rid of the background attached to the layout like it is - thanks for all your help so far by the way? :)

Code:
body, html {
	font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 11px;
	color: #333333;
      padding          : 2px;
      margin           : 2px;
      margin-top       : 18px;
      margin-bottom    : 18px;
	background-color: black;
background: url(../images/background.jpg);
background-attachment:fixed;
background-position:center;
      height: 100%;

SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #ECEAD8 ; SCROLLBAR-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR: #666666; SCROLLBAR-SHADOW-COLOR: #999999; SCROLLBAR-3DLIGHT-COLOR: #FFFFFF; SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR:  #ff6600; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR:#666666 ; SCROLLBAR-DARKSHADOW-COLOR: #666666;
} 
td, tr, p, div {
  font-family      : Tahoma,Verdana,Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  font-size        : 11px;
  color            : #333333;
}
hr {
  width            : 100%;
  height           : 1px;
  color            : #999999;
}

table.maintable {
      border   : 2px solid #C09188;
}     

#main_date {

width: 175px;
	padding: 3px 2px 0px 0px;
      font-family: Tahoma, Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
      font-size: 14px;
	font-weight: bold;
	color: #993300;
	white-space: nowrap;
      margin-left: 150px;

}

.pathway {
     	font-family: Tahoma,Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size: 10px;
	color: #000000;
      padding-top: 5px;
	padding-left: 3px;
      background-color : #FCF1F0

}

a.pathway:link, a.pathway:visited {

}

a.pathway:hover {
	color: #666666;
	background-color: transparent;
      }
td.pw {
  background-color : #FCF1F0;
  height           : 15px;
  }

a.mainlevel  {
  margin-right     : 1px;
  padding          : 0px;
  font-size        : 12px;
  width            : 136px;
  text-indent      : 10px;
}
a.mainlevel: link {
  padding          : 2px 2px 2px 2px;
}
a.mainlevel:link, a.mainlevel:visited {
  display          : block;
  border-top       : 1px solid #ffffff;
  border-bottom    : 1px solid #ffffff;
  background-color : #ECEAD8 ;
  font-weight      : normal;
  font-weight      : bold;
width            : 136px !important;
}
a.mainlevel:hover {

text-decoration  : none;

}
#active_menu {
  background-color : #C09188;
  border           : 1px solid #ff9966;
}
a#active_menu:hover {

}
.sublevel {
  padding    		: 2px;
  margin			: 0px 5px;
}
a.sublevel#active_menu  {
  padding    	    : 0px;
  margin		    : 0px 5px;
  color             : #333333;
  width             : 110px !important;
  width             : 120px;
  background        : #dedede; 
  border            : 0px;  
      }

a.sublevel:link, a.sublevel:visited {
	font-family: Tahoma,Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-weight: normal;
}

a.sublevel:hover {
	color: #FF9900;
	text-align: left;
}

td.top_mod {
	border-bottom-width: 1px;
	border-bottom-style: dashed;
	border-bottom-color: #C09188;	
}

td.bot_mod {
	border-top-width: 1px;
	border-top-style: dashed;
	border-top-color: #C09188;	
	margin-top: 10px;
      margin-bottom: 10px;

}
td.user {
}

td.bmw{
  background-color : #FFFFFF;
  line-height      : 7px;

}
td.bm{
  line-height      : 7px;

}

table.l_r_mod {
	width: 151px;
}
td.l_mod {
      background         : url(../images/left_fon.gif);
      background-repeat  : repeat-y;
}
td.r_mod {
	background         : url(../images/right_fon.gif);
}

table.l_r_mod th {

height: 23px;
      padding-top: 7px;
	width: 144;

}

table.moduletable {
	text-align: center;
	margin-right: 0px;
	margin-left: 0px;

}

table.moduletable th {
	font-size : 11px;
	font-weight : bold;
	color            : #C09188;
      text-align       : left;
      line-height      : 21px;
      letter-spacing   : 1px;

}

table.moduletable td {

font-family: Tahoma,Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
}

td.raduga {
background         : url(../images/right_fon.gif);
}

.poll {
	color : #333333;
	line-height : 12px;
	width: 150;
}

.pollstableborder {
  	border : 1px dotted #C09188;
}

.sectiontableheader {
	background-color : #ECEAD8;
	border-top-width: 1px;
	border-top-style: dashed;
	border-top-color: #C09188;
	color : #000000;
	line-height: 13px;
}

.sectiontableentry1 {
}

.sectiontableentry2 {
}

.pagenav {
	font-size: 9px;
}

a.pagenav:link, a.pagenav:visited {
}

a.pagenav:hover {
	color            : #000000;
	text-decoration  : underline;
}

.small {
	color : #666666;
}

.smalldark {
	color : #333333;
	text-decoration : none;
}

.createdate {
	font-size : 10px;
	font-weight : medium;
}

.modifydate  {
	font-weight : medium;
}

.frontpageheader {
	font-size: 13px;
	color : #669900;
        }

td.header {
      background         : url(../images/header.jpg);
      width    : 760px;
      height   : 135px;
}
td.header_l {
      background         : url(../images/bt_1.jpg);
      width    : 380px;
      height   : 25px;
}
td.header_r {
      background         : url(../images/bt_2.jpg);
      width    : 380px;
      height   : 25px;
}

.contentpane {
	color     : #333333;
}

.contentpaneopen {
	color     : #000000;
}

.contentheading, .componentheading {
	font-family : Tahoma,Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	font-size   : 14px;
	color       : #FF6633;
	text-align  : left;
	line-height : 16px;
	padding-left: 20px;
	padding-top : 10px;
}
.category {
}

a.category:link, a.category:visited {
}

a.category:hover {
}

form { 
	display:inline; 
	margin: 0px; 
	padding: 0px; 
} 

ul {
  float            : left;
  padding-left     : 10px;
  list-style       : none;
}
li {
  padding-left     : 10px;
  padding-top      : 0px;
  line-height      : 15px;
  background       : url(../images/str.gif) no-repeat 0px 5px;

}

.button {
  font-family      : Tahoma,Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  font-style       : normal;
  font-size        : 10px;
  color            : #ff6600;
  border           : 1px solid #C09188;
}

.searchbox {
  font-family      : Tahoma,Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
  border           : 1px  solid #C09188;
  margin-right     : 7px;
  width            : 136;
}

.inputbox {
  border           : 1px solid  #C09188;
}

a:link, a:visited {
}
a:hover {
}

a.contentpagetitle:link, a.contentpagetitle:visited {
	font-size: 13px;
	text-align:left;
	}

a.contentpagetitle:hover {
	font-size        : 13px;
	text-align       :left;
	background-color : transparent;
	}

.description {
	font-size : 10px
	color     : #000000;
}

.ontab {
	background-color: #ffae00;
	border-left: outset 2px #ff9900;
	border-right: outset 2px #808080;
	border-top: outset 2px #ff9900;
	border-bottom: solid 1px #d5d5d5;
      cursor: pointer;
	cursor: hand;
	color: #FFFFFF;
}
.offtab {
	background-color : #e5e5e5;
	border-left: outset 2px #E0E0E0;
	border-right: outset 2px #E0E0E0;
	border-top: outset 2px #E0E0E0;
	border-bottom: solid 1px #d5d5d5;
      cursor: pointer;
      cursor: hand;
}

.tabheading {
	background-color: #ffae00;
}

.pagetext {
	visibility: hidden;
	display: none;
	position: relative;
	top: 0;
}
.contact_email  {
  width            : 90%;

}
.contact_email .inputbox {
    width            : 380px;

}

.footer_l  {
	color: #999999;
      background         : url(../images/footer1_01.jpg);
      width    : 151px;
      height   : 20px;
}
.footer_r  {
	color: #999999;
      background         : url(../images/footer1_03.jpg);
      width    : 151px;

}

.footer_title  {
	font-size: 12px;
      background         : url(../images/footer_02.jpg);
      width    : 458px;

}
.moscode {
	background-color: #f0f0f0;
}

.message {
	font-size : 10pt;
	color : #FFFFFF;
	background-color: #FF0000;
}

MKJ

Fledgling Freddie
Hi Majonic

I think I can see what you mean. The 'Home' tag is the name you use for your top main menu. If you call the top main menu link (or whichever menu you are using) something else it changes. On my site though you can see a 'Home' link and a 'Sites-4u.com' link. This is me altering themes again. I have added an additional url inside the theme above the main content. Therefore whatever I show will always have my 'Home' link showing. This is because I am not showing any menus as such. I start my main menu off with a 'wrapper' which is an iframe that is part of Mambo. Very handy it is too. I then renamed that top link to Sites-4u.com. Quite easily achieved.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
That does change the title but it's not what I'm after, I thought I might have found a way to use this but, alas, it didn't work. I tried changing the name of the link and unpublishing it, which does successfully change the title to how I want it, but it also means the content of the front page disappears! :)

I'm starting to like Mambo a lot, but I think it does have some real drawbacks when it comes to configuring the front page. I bet soemone knows a way to override the front page title, without having to switch all the other page titles off too? :)

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
I think I've fixed my style sheet problem now by moving the html bit at the beginning so it now looks like this:

Code:
body

{
	font-family: Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
	color: #333333;
      padding          : 2px;
      margin-top       : 18px;
      margin-bottom    : 18px;
	background-color: black;
background: url(../images/background.jpg) no-repeat;
background-attachment:fixed;
background-position:center;
      height: 100%;

}
   body, html {   SCROLLBAR-FACE-COLOR: #ECEAD8 ; SCROLLBAR-HIGHLIGHT-COLOR: #666666; SCROLLBAR-SHADOW-COLOR: #999999; SCROLLBAR-3DLIGHT-COLOR: #FFFFFF; SCROLLBAR-ARROW-COLOR:  #ff6600; SCROLLBAR-TRACK-COLOR:#666666 ; SCROLLBAR-DARKSHADOW-COLOR: #666666;
}

Don't know if it's okay to have it like that, but it works? :)

Shovel

Can't get enough of FH
Very very quick reply and haven't read your posts in detail Mal, but what you've done should be correct.

The old stylesheet was applying the same stylesheet to both the HTML element and the BODY element. Think of them box as boxes, it means the same background image was being applied to two separate boxes, one over the other. If they were out-of-line, then you'd see parts of the duplicate background. By applying it only to the BODY element, you fix that and only have one background.

Frozensolid

One of Freddy's beloved
Good to c more ppl messing around with Mambo:)
Ive just finished a project in wich i made a site using mambo for a store that sells cigars and such.
We've (me and 2 other students) been busy for some months trying to figure it all out.
The website is almost finished now
Mambo site
Im sorry that the site is Dutch and ur probably cant read a word about it :p
But its just cigars this sigarets that ect ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom