Congratulations to albion

F

filofax

Originally posted by Deskiziado
And you hibs are, of course, happy to help your mid allies blocking our pass a amg or camping atk even

Tbh give it a brake, Hibs had a great opportunity for some RP's and took it, and I dont blame em, not like we didnt zerg the bejeesus out of them more then once.

T

telaron

Bah the hibs leech rps nothing else.
Yes it's annoying when they camp amg to stop our reinforcements preventing us to fight the ones we really want to fight as efficent as we want. But that's part of the fun and part of the thing doing it when they aren't sleeping :D

S

saltymcpepper

lets play the numbers game
hib+mid=alb

B

bloodclot

hibs attacked amg mid army all the time.... mids where fighting almost every second this day at amg.

but in the end MIDS won at amg and bledmeer

S

swords

The siege will continue until we get the relics back.
prepare yourselves for another day of bashing tommorow!

gogo Albion!

B

bloodclot

where is hairball?

anyway. was big fun. muchos rp's only died once to a hib group when i tried to run solo to bled.

cya tomorrow then?

R

Runolaz

Originally posted by swords
The siege will continue until we get the relics back.
prepare yourselves for another day of bashing tommorow!

gogo Albion!

no shit...

So that means we get to farm more....cool :)

R

raithian

ppl talk about honerable raids where is the honer in raiding with 500 ppl v a realm with maybe 300 online.

ppl are flaming mids for attacking when there was only 100 albs online yet when albs send in 500+( thats acording to herbals own numbers ) thats concidered honerable.
to me an honerable rr is when the oposing realm has a chance to stop the rr yet what chance did mid have to stop over 500 albs when thay could only muster about 130 lvl 48+ to defend its the same thing, albs saying thay didnt have numbers to defend yet its ok for them to out number mids 3-1 and call it an honerable raid

if albs had any honer thay would try a prime time rr with 200 mids and see if thay have the skill and ability to pull it off

judging by herbals promise to reclaim them with 800 albs i personaly dont think he could ever do an rr with just 200 as he jusr does not have the ability to plan such a raid

hell get me 500 mids and my dog could run an rr.
but keep coming albies was the first time in ages i actualy got over 45k rps in a day not since the old days at rens with the old ce alliance

B

Bejeezus

Originally posted by raithian
to me an honerable rr is when the oposing realm has a chance to stop the rr

So by your OWN STANDARDS, tonight's RR (which, in case you didn't notice, is what this thread was posted about) was honourable?

Yes?

M

mehuge

Originally posted by censi
midgard make things worse.

They know that albion will now not rest on their laurels till the relics are secured. So midgard send their entire army exclusivly to AMG in odins to set up shop for the night.

The more albion do to restore honor to the game the lower midgard sink to faulter them.
Eh? so blocking AMG is now also not allowed? Get a grip man.

We took back hild, so the obvious thing to do then was stop more albs coming into the zone.

You were free to go emain and seek fg fights if you didnt want an MG battle.

M

mehuge

Originally posted by Bejeezus
So by your OWN STANDARDS, tonight's RR (which, in case you didn't notice, is what this thread was posted about) was honourable?

Yes?
Yes, but you need more! Bring more! :D

B

Bejeezus

Originally posted by mehuge
Yes, but you need more! Bring more! :D

Balance, balance... if we bring more you need to bring less, or the server will go belly up again.

:fluffle:

D

duze

hehe when I logged in today I had no idea where the server dumped me @ the crash but I knew I'd be alone - I kinda logged right in the middle of a fg of dead mids with no clue as to who killed them, nobody else around - was just lining myself up to /flex and take a screenie when the incoming mid zerg to dunno where (no idea where I was) kinda steamrolled over me - that'll teach me :p Crappy Ardarmel death spam :p

Was lots of fun from all sides, I think almost everybody I know gained a realm level tonight - isn't this what rvr "should" be all about?
Shame that I had to quit due to my crappy pc being totally unable to cope after 2 hours of 1fps and constant LD :(

And the hibs, well afaik they were around early on, but then they vanished - dunno if that was because they simply couldn't get past the mids or because they'd decided to leave albs & mids to it but tbh nobody can whine about them being there, its an rvr zone and they have as much right to be there as a mid or an alb. I know the albs don't especially want to fight them in this situation and I'm sure the mids dont' either but u can't stop them being there so quit the whine :p

And Mids, you put up a damn good fight. Lots of middies there tonight. I have no idea why you think you can't take a relic at primetime when you can get numbers like that out to defend a relic. Maybe you just need to have some confidence in your realm, your players and what you are capable of.

/salute to all 3 reams tonight - if rvr was this much fun all the time I'd certainly do a lot more of it :)

Oh, and to the solo bard my fg ran into early on in the night (I didn't make note of your name) - I asked the group to leave you alone - 1fg vs 1 person really kinda sucks but they just jumped on you and ignored me. I left the group right after as I don't like that kinda thing - but if you're reading this, then sorry :(

See u tomorrow - 2k to next realm rank!! \o/

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Risinn
Rofl, nice selective memory going on there. I remember albs camping mmg in hw for many days after they got the strength relics.

Although I'm surprised the hibbies don't go for keeps in albion while all the albs are in mids frontier like they did that time. Too scared that the alb zerg will pay them a visit maybe...

You call us scared after stealing relics 7am - LOL.

Albs perfected ninja raids. Mids perfected chicken raids.

S

swords

raiding with 500 albs at primetime is not honourable?
hang on we dont have the relics yet...i guess that means you were able to thwart our attempt for now.

Hang on!
erm...wait...i think Mid logic is clearly fucked...

M

mehuge

Originally posted by Bejeezus
Balance, balance... if we bring more you need to bring less, or the server will go belly up again.

:fluffle:
Ok, I wont come. That should save some server load :D But then I will miss the fun.

It was nice to see our random group getting some RP's even if they were not always big numbers, there was a steady stream. It was also nice to see guildmates of levels 42 and 35 (fresh out of bg3) there along side us, leaching (i mean helping) get our rp's ;)

It makes for a refreshing change. Ofc, dont over do it else we will get bored. Shit, I think that's the plan ... Humm..

Albs missed their chance to break through the amg I reckon at one point as you hesitated making your attack.. if youd've attacked us when we were attacking the first few waves of hibs that came streaming in from hmg I am sure with the numbers you had at that time you would have got through, but you didnt attack until we had finished off the hibs so we were able to hold.

And the Sneaky hib Ranger (Ganwraith or something) teasing the mids at the amg with volley, either you were bug abusing or you are very good or very lucky, you were driving us nuts, took us probably an hour to eventually find you and that was only cause a pet agro'd you.

F

- Fedaykin -

first attack at bledd when i was there we had about 60 people inside the keep

you had 110 outside nearly twice our number and we won :D

i got quite a lot on video too i been replaying them looks pretty cool

was fun day tbh, shame i was logged off in the evening

C

chruxh

Originally posted by censi
midgard make things worse.

They know that albion will now not rest on their laurels till the relics are secured. So midgard send their entire army exclusivly to AMG in odins to set up shop for the night.

The more albion do to restore honor to the game the lower midgard sink to faulter them.

I do really hope that treads like this are supposed to some sort of roleplayer thinking, if not its just insane !

Best thing happen to Excal in months is the early rr we did, now finaly there action as is should be in this game, not just more or less automated running up and down emain !

J

Jergiot

Originally posted by afternoon_tea
Strange mids can muster enough mids to defend a relic during primetime, but they cant muster enough to take it during primetime.. dont that seem... odd?

D

Driwen

jergiot we had less than 200 people in that defence, which is not enough to take relics primetime.

O

osy

Ugh, we be mid, we be having big axe. We smash, honour be for dead ones.

H

Hotandsandy

Interesting psychology going on here....

Hibs /saluet Albs and suddenly Mids start popping up on thread claiming an alliance and saying how great friends they are with Hibs whilst at the same time saying watch your backs Albs, Hibs are after you.

Seems like Mids are running scared tbh

D

Driwen

Originally posted by Hotandsandy
Interesting psychology going on here....

Hibs /saluet Albs and suddenly Mids start popping up on thread claiming an alliance and saying how great friends they are with Hibs whilst at the same time saying watch your backs Albs, Hibs are after you.

interesting how you can see stuff that isnt there:p. Only thing mids said was that when hibs camped amg, it is because they just want rp's. Most mids even said that hibs attacked them at amg. The only people who were serious about mid and hib alliance were albs, not mids.

N

Norvindus

Originally posted by - Fedaykin -
first attack at bledd when i was there we had about 60 people inside the keep

you had 110 outside nearly twice our number and we won :D

i got quite a lot on video too i been replaying them looks pretty cool

was fun day tbh, shame i was logged off in the evening

(When I came online at 16:30 cet)
Yeah we where many, but having to deal with the increasing inc from amg aswell as trying to over come the "dottage, aoe, scouts from the walls" at the gates ment that the force got split. When you finally did come out all of you, we had reports of 10fg albs incomming from amg, and the attack leader deamed it better to regroup at Nottmore instead of getting caugth in a sandwich, to get the numbers of mids raised to overcome this.

When albs attacked Hlidskielf, the guards there reported at the peek 158 attackers, so you see it might be that turning back from bled at that time werent so bad an idea.

What happend after that is just a big blur, massive battle at Hlidskielf led to blockage at amg. Where mids had to take care from behind as there where hibs incoming as well as albs flowing out from atk to amg and some albs from bledmeer, and finally to the capture of bledmeer itself at 00:00 Cet at which point I logged.
Over the course of the evening I used up 480 arrows on invaders.
Had massive fun, this is what Daoc is all about IMO big battles not that CS/Quake/fg shit which is happening in Emain

Norvindus-
Maglock
Ceedawoman

G

Glottis_Xanadu

I would like to know when Mids retook Bled.
I logged at around 11:30 CET, and Mids had not yet moved from the AMG.
Regards, Glottis

F

fenderon

Mids were still holding AMG when we got bled back around 30mins after you logged.

C

choonz

Well im having a great time :)
The RR (the one which killed the server) was a hell of a lot of fun while it lasted, people of all levels joined in because they WANTED to. They wanted to come to Mid and fight, not for the 20% melee bonus, but to teach the mids a lesson, and imho that is what the game should be all about.
Its pointless whining about what has been going on, cos im sure you all have had as much fun over the last couple of days than we have seen in a long time on this server.
Defending Bled last night was also good fun, we waited for a long time before the Mids showed up, and held out for a long time before they sent reinforcements. They wisely stopped our reinforcements getting through AMG and eventually we lost the Keep. Thats what this game is about!! Fun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom