Concerts!

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
Who have you seen this year, and who have you still to see?

I have seen The Prodigy supported by Dizzee Rascal and Simply Red supported by some skinny Russian bird.

This weekend im going to see Jean Michelle Jarre

YouTube - Dizzee Rascal - Bonkers, Radio 1 Big Weekend 2009

YouTube - Breathe

YouTube - ♫♪♫♪ Simply Red - Stars (live)

YouTube - Jean Michel Jarre - Oxygene 2

:clap::drink::clap::cheers::wub::fluffle:

Hard to say who has been the best so far. Prodigy owned just for the sheer madness of the whole thing, but Simply Red owned in a different way.

Commandment

Fledgling Freddie
saw prodigy last year at oxegen, they wer mental^^

the missus got us u2 tickets for the 1st of august in gothenburg, cant fucking wait !

Cozak

Part of the furniture
Missed the Prodigy in the toon like ;( they were on at the arena april 1st, heard they blew half the sound rig though so kind of glad in a way as it wouldnt have been them at their full potential I guess.
Only concerts I have seen this year have been bands that my brothers band was supporting, saw the Futureheads and went to a few Primal Scream concerts.. mainly just went to see my bros band like :p Didnt rate Futureheads but Primal Scream were awesome!

Seen a lot of DJ's this year that I have been wanting to see for a while, Rusko (going to see him again at evolution festival along with Dizzee, Chase and status and Krafty Kuts again and Kissy Sell out, who should be good) Saw Caspa for the first time and DJ Friction who was absolutely sick! Been a good year so far for seeing DJ's I wanted like.. roll on festival season!

tris-

Missed the Prodigy in the toon like ;( they were on at the arena april 1st, heard they blew half the sound rig though so kind of glad in a way as it wouldnt have been them at their full potential I guess.
Only concerts I have seen this year have been bands that my brothers band was supporting, saw the Futureheads and went to a few Primal Scream concerts.. mainly just went to see my bros band like :p Didnt rate Futureheads but Primal Scream were awesome!

Seen a lot of DJ's this year that I have been wanting to see for a while, Rusko (going to see him again at evolution festival along with Dizzee, Chase and status and Krafty Kuts again and Kissy Sell out, who should be good) Saw Caspa for the first time and DJ Friction who was absolutely sick! Been a good year so far for seeing DJ's I wanted like.. roll on festival season!

I was at the newcastle arena and they didnt blow half the sound rig. There was a temporary distortion problem at the start, but they sorted it pretty much straight away.

Billargh

I am a FH squatter
Missed The Progidy in April like, could've have sitting tickets, but sod that for a gig like this. So far though, seen Architects supported by Misery Signals and A Textbook Tragedy in January and Inme supported by Death Defying Life and We Are The Damned @ York. Billy Talent coming up in June aswell, yay. \o/

old.Osy

No longer scrounging, still a bastard.
Saw Sepultura, Nazareth, Anathema, waiting on Manowar and Gogol Bordello.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
I shall be seeing Prodigy, Oasis, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, Regina Spektor, 2manydj's, Placebo, Tiga, The Streets, Coldplay, Bloc Party, The Killers, Kings of Leon, Franz Ferdinand, Metallica, Mars Volta and Royksopp in a few weeks :D

Ezteq

Queen of OT
christ the last concert i went to was mark knopfler and his new band when i was 17/18 maybe.

can i have my pipe and slippers now please?

ooh tell a lie, i saw gugge2000 playing in bournemouth gardens gugge music is like.. um imagine an oompah band playing contemporary music...yeah now make it good, thats it. anyway that was when i was working nights so was about 3 years ago?

Cozak

Part of the furniture
I was at the newcastle arena and they didnt blow half the sound rig. There was a temporary distortion problem at the start, but they sorted it pretty much straight away.

ahh, thought the dude who was telling me about it at work seemed kind of eccentric lol. shame, least they sorted it quickly. prodigy and faithless are pretty much top of my to see list! next time! :)

tris-

I experienced Faithless last year :D.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Woot going in june to see Oasis supported by the prodigy, kasabian, glas vegas and an irish band i like called the blizzards

sayward

Resident Freddy
Saw The Killers then Enrique Iglesias! Have tickets for Limp Bizkit.

DocWolfe

Part of the furniture
I experienced Faithless last year :D.

I saw faithless at global and they were SHIT, their music style is inconsistent. You can't go from a highly melodic song to some acoustic shit like that in a live set.

Vintersorg

Can't get enough of FH
Just saw Milow two days ago. Not exactly my genre (My wife wanted to see his concert), but it was a good surprise.
The most plesant surprise was the support act though. A young Flemish artist called Douglas Firs, whom I'm, sure we'll here again soon.

For the rest, next concerts I'll see this year are:

- The Paganfest Paganfest in september
- Ensiferum in OCtober
- Amon Amarth in November

tris-

A few photies

4413_191853575281_907705281_6980468_6580908_n.jpg

4413_191853680281_907705281_6980480_1936108_n.jpg

n907705281_6980482_7020207.jpg

4413_191853715281_907705281_6980486_3661998_n.jpg

4413_191853790281_907705281_6980496_6606888_n.jpg

He also played a very strange instrument. Essentially, a group of lasers came up from the floor and he could 'play' them to produce different notes.

4413_191853910281_907705281_6980513_2128292_n.jpg

tris-

I read that after I posted the pic :).

Turamber

Part of the furniture
Nickelback rocked tonight in Birmingham. Good 'turn the brain off and jump like a loon' music. Feeder were excellent a few months back too, although the sound system kept blowing up.

Tempted to go and see Placebo as they were ace last time I saw them ... although I will never feel happy with the 'oh so staged' tonsil tennis between the singer and the guitarist.

Cemeterygates

Can't get enough of FH
Just saw Milow two days ago. Not exactly my genre (My wife wanted to see his concert), but it was a good surprise.
The most plesant surprise was the support act though. A young Flemish artist called Douglas Firs, whom I'm, sure we'll here again soon.

For the rest, next concerts I'll see this year are:

- The Paganfest Paganfest in september
- Ensiferum in OCtober
- Amon Amarth in November

I saw Ensiferum at Wacken last year :)
And i saw Amon Amarth, Obituary and Legion of The Damned in March.
Psycroptic, Cephalic Carnage and The Black Dahlia Murder in feb
Cannibal Corpse and Children of Bodom also in feb.
Going to Bloodstock this year (again) and hoping to see Testament in July and Aborted in September.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Just seen Avenged Sevenfold! Absolutely excellent. :)
On tour with Stone Sour who didn't compare.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
Not so much concert, but I am going to see Bill Bailey tomorrow!

Zenith

Part of the furniture
Seen loads of scottish indie the last few weeks, but the last few gigs have been 2manydjs, Chemical Brothers, M.I.A, Robyn, etc... Looking forward for Magnetic Man, Caribou, Goldfrapp in the next few weeks!

Ezteq

Queen of OT
Not concerts but this year I have seenHoward Marks, the Once upon a teese burlesque performers and a couple of really good local bands (Alibi & Not made in China) and some *ahem* unusual performers at the local open mic night on tuesdays...

However; on Dec 1st I am off to see MeatLoaf with Imelda May guesting; so YEEEHAAAW!!!! Also hoping to go see the ukulele orchestra of great britain in January \o/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom