Comments on CF alliance chat

M

Marwolaeth

Originally posted by Tyka
It's 28 degrees over here, people arguing over "alliance chat", funny ;)

It's about the same here .but I'm stuck at work so not funny :(

D

Demolay

It's 28 degrees over here, people arguing over "alliance chat", funny

LOL Tyka for president - I just looked out of the window and it's a nearly naked woman fest out there, gerroutside the U.V. is good for you keeps you from getting S.A.D.

Vive le suntan!!!!!!

O

old.Nol

WTF! How can you mention the weather when we talking about /as chat?! Have some respect FFS!

PS: If anyone gets to cuntify Gray, it's me...if you want to, you gotta come though me. Gray is a one cunt receiver...CAPISH!?

C

Chameleon

Tzee, general spam was not what the original post or my post were referring to.
Anyway, time to enjoy that sunny weather!!

S

Son

and people wonder why I didnt want to be GM of CF anymore ;)

H

<Harle>

You were removed from that position because you weren't blond and blue-eyed.

Z

Ziva

Imho things like ding 50, ding LGM, ding RR<whatever> are not interesting for /as chat. The people who know and care are usually friends or guildmates and you can use the chats invented for it to pass them your message.

Flaming people for making a misstell or fighting/argueing over /as in an aggressive way is just sad and proves some people should really learn the meaning of the word G-A-M-E. Just stick by the rules made by CF and help those that might not know about it instead of freaking out. Too hot for that anyways...

A

Alkoran

I see absolutly no reason why people should not be able to post someone reaching lvl 50 in /ac it takes one line and is not likely to occur more than 3 times a day.

This is often of passing interest tlo many people in the alliance, and it's a bit of a high for someone hitting lvl 50 to get "gratz!!" pms from over 100 people.

3 lines a day is not going to conflict with anyone's other chat channels or distract them in any way unless it is relevant to them.
To get annoyed by "Gratz to XXXX on reaching 50" is irrational, and really a case of seek and ye shall find.

Posts like "STFU" and other aggresive phrases often containing at least one expletive are not required, these do junk up the chat window as at least 5 of them appear at once. Swearing at people is an unpleasant practice, swearing at someone publicly is humiliating, remember an unpleasant message in /ac is likely to offend upwards of 50 people.

Most people who can read /ac cannot speak in /ac show some respect for us by keeping the messages civil and to the point.

At off peak times, jokes and such are good, but mudslinging gets spammy quickly.

D

-Dreama-

Anyone else get a kick out of this?
FFS STOP BITCHING AND GO PLAY IN THE SUN!
ya bunch of non-tanned, sun allergic, haven't seen a real woman/man in 6 weeks freaks!
Something tells me that when the 'spam' on /as is more important to you than enjoying the summer and the good weather, it's high time you re-evaluated your priorities!

N

Novamir

i don't want to fuel the flames, but i guess this will anyway :p

dinging 50 is not a reason for using /as. neither is LGM ding. there is obviously leeway here, but generally all this causes is needless grats spam. stupid 'mistells' are also spam.. although again, at 5-6am i'm sure there's little wrong with some /as spam.

gray is possibly the most level-headed bloke in daoc, i don't think a better alliance leader could exist.

xanthian, CF has put extreme amounts of effort into keeping alive and maintaining the alliance.. updated rules regularly, let new guilds in asap, kept waiting lists, etc.. etc.. so fucking lay off. you're known mainly for your unwarranted attacks on people on this forums, and (hopefully) nobody takes your exaggerated crap seriously.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by -Dreama-
ya bunch of non-tanned, sun allergic, haven't seen a real woman/man in 6 weeks freaks!
Something tells me that when the 'spam' on /as is more important to you than enjoying the summer and the good weather, it's high time you re-evaluated your priorities!

What is this thing, this thing you call...woman?

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by -Dreama-

This is a post about Dark Ages of Camelot, not about the sad lives people lead, keep posts on topic.
Kthx.

If people want to moan about it, let them, I just wanted to call Grey a cunt, and I've done it :)

G

Gray-CF

Xan if you wanna call me a cunt have the decency to spell my name right :p

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by Gray-CF
Xan if you wanna call me a cunt have the decency to spell my name right :p

Gray's a complete and utter celt imo!

R

Roo Stercogburn

Definately a better class of bile and venom here on Excalibur forums.

Its like reading The Sun: you don't tell anyone and you feel guilty for enjoying it but it feels good to dip into its murky pleasures.

N

-Nuked-

im sure i have seen this same post somewhere b 4!

i suggest making it sticky :p

R

Rubric

Once upon a time there was a game called Dark Ages of Camelot.......

S

Spudgie

Originally posted by Divinia
they day i wanna know about others pve achivements ill send u a PM,

k?

Someone getting their first 50 the old-fashioned way is an achievement, PL'd monkeys I don't give a shit about.

And yes I did get a /as gratz on 50 last year after 48days /played, it gave me a warm fuzzy feeling. The next 2 chars I wasn't bothered about, the people that mattered to me pm'd me anyway to offer their congrats.

O

old.Tzeentch

i tell people to stfu publically over /as because i dont wanna engage in a 30 min debate with the person over some philosophical reason he should spam /as in tells.

it also tells EVERYONE to stfu.

those of you guys who are saying - go out see some sun blah blah

dont engage in the conversation then.. and dont bother using /as for those purposes since its only a game.

the game has a wonderful area for ding 50 etc now, its BW.
also the place for arguing about bad fins list holders or whatever.

CF alliance /as chat is for rvr and events that might take the interest of several people across several guilds.

i always remembered it being that way.

dinging 50, even if it is your first, might be special, for you, but not for the 200 others i imagine who have done it already.

please remember the main focus is and ideal behind it seems to be something that would interest or matter to a number of people.. defense of the realm is considered (or was.. ? still is imo) the primary purpose of the alliance, and many many people in this alliance actively rvr, and would find most rvr info relevant or of interest to them.

when a patch is out, it usually is ok to discuss for a short while new features for the patch, ie quest, how to use certain new ability etc etc, as long as people keep questions/answers short sweet and move to /sends as soon as they can.

raids again are something which interest several people and so its fine to go over /as every 15-30mins over /as or so.

anyway, will be discussed more in times to come i imagine.

O

old.Moriaana

I never got a grats when Moriaana dinged 50 after almost 45 days /played.

Boo Hoo :(

/cry

A

Arnor

Originally posted by old.Moriaana

/cry

ummm, grats? :)

O

old.Laryssa

Well I appreciate the efforts of CF to keep the alliance running, but peeps are simply not old enough or simply too dumb as shit to follow a simply rule set.

There were always rules and there will be rules in the future. Do u break the rules (=laws) in RL all the time?

If u say now "this is a fucking game I dont have to obey to any rules" then get yourself a single-player game where u can spam into the data nirvana all day long and do not piss off fellow players with your uninterresting random spam messages.

If u wanna get some attention - go run naked through the park and leave the alliance chat clear.

Regarding the GM meeting - if u sum up the chat it's again basic talk with little to no action in result. As long peeps dont get a bit more serious and social there will be no change.

If u tell them "pls stop the spam" - they will laugh about you in their /gu and take it as invite to spam some more.

my 2 cents.

Originally posted by old.Moriaana

/cry

awww grats babe ;)

O

old.Moriaana

RAWR!!

9 Months late, but better than nothing :D

Definately better than other things that take 9 months :)

Users who are viewing this thread