Comments on CF alliance chat

D

Demolay

LOL If I remember rightly no-one would actually give Van /as cos he was a dirty old man and was king of spam...

And Gray you do actually look a little like Hitler when the light hits you in that certain way ;)

O

old.Tzeentch

think getting level 50 should not be posted on /as.. there is maybe 5-10 people doing it each day, its not really that great or rare an event that it should be posted.. LGM, sure, that seems fine, raids, same again, sounds fine.. lots of stuff, but not grats on 50.. then you'll want grats on epic armour... grats on mp sc.. grats on crafting mp hauberk..
have to draw a line really

O

old.Tzeentch

what im saying is, if its rvr related - fine
if its something out of the ordinary, like a GOA event or a new quest in a patch that people want info on etc. then thats fine too, and always has been.

getting 50 aint anything special, most have probably got one or two at least by now.

O

old.Nol

Some groups don't post any relevant emain RvR info too. To many times I see a group get wiped out and nothing gets posted to /as, and a few seconds later another group gets wiped out by the same enemy.

I think that kind of stuff is still important.

And how come nobody says /as Sieg Heil! when they join anymore?

S

StormriderX

Think the main problem with /as spam isnt the 'grats 50' etc etc blah blah shite.

Its the resulting 'as police' messages that start the spam rolling

/as copper 1 : stfu
/as copper 2 : don't spam as please
/as copper 3 : dont' spam as noob
/as random spammer : fu copper 1 and fu as well copper 3
/as copper 1: twat
/as random spammer: foad ok?

etc etc

Oh the other problem with /as grats is EVERYBODY and their fking dog feels the need to do the grats over /as as well instead of using pm.

O

old.Nol

put those away mein fuhrer, before somebody sees them, and Bush reckons he knows where saddam is hiding...

M

mars

lol seriously, who cares about someone dinging 50, like said it happends every day, just kinda noobish doing it imo

V

vintervargen

this is a big grey area imo.

say that time when vgn dinged 100m rps, or when sheph dinged rr10... of fucking course you wanna grats them, and after some grats spam the /as police comes. i mean wtf loosen up, cant even have some grats spam when someone dinges rr10? bleh, go out more:confused:

O

old.Xanthian

Im on about when its 4am, and ppl start using /as for other reasons only for some cunt on thier high horse to start giving them abuse.

Was you last week grey on Honey, I even replied saying chill out its 4am, its not as if its busy RVR atm.
To which you PM'd me telling me some shite.

Yes I do know the rules during the day, but after 2-3am nothing much happens and tbh the rules should lapse a bit.
Pming someone with
"YOU KNOW THE FUCKING RULES EITHER LIKE IT OR GET THE FUCK OUT MY ALLIANCE"

End of discussion.

A

Arnor

duck for cover flying pigs are about, i agree to what xanth said :D

G

Gray-CF

ah yes Xanth that would be correct eh?

as the last time i played at 4am would be like mmmm about 2 months ago

"YOU KNOW THE FUCKING RULES EITHER LIKE IT OR GET THE FUCK OUT MY ALLIANCE"

lets put that to the floor shall we - anyone who knows me - sound like the kind of pm i would send?

and xan - ive pmed you twice in the whole time ive played this game and run the alliance

both times polite - and the most recent one was polite but firm - but never twatish as you suggest as above

first time your reply was along the lines "like i care what u think"

second was "no comment"

any complaints i have about /as are done via pms - im never abusive on my own alliance channel and very rarely speak on it - only to stop something getting out of hand before it does usualy

but yes a bit of random spammage at 4am isnt the end of the world ofc - i dont mind that and certainly dont mind a rr10 ding either.

but the wording of you last post would imply you belive im some kind of cunt - so am i ?

S

Sharp Thing

imo we should put tom in the gas chamber :<

A

Arnor

<washes hands frantically>

i'd just like to point out that while i was agreeing with xanth's post, it was purely on a technical lvl, not in any way agreeing with the cuntification of gray ;)

M

Marwolaeth

time for my tuppence worth....

When i had /as rights I think I used them once and that was only to flame someone in jest...this was of course during the SI amnesty on spamming /as and was in reply to a comment made by somebody else. Reason why this was the only use? Well by the rules set out in the alliance there really is no occasion other than a relic raid where /as should have to be used I think. 1, 2, 3, 4+ FG's of albs or mids running around Emain? Well sorry but thats just normal daily activity and info like that is the exact reason there is normally an Emain chat group, so does it really need to be put on /AS?

This has always been a bit of a gripe with me as /AS is a very powerful tool and is an excellent way to convey information to a very large portion of the realm. And yet there it is lying stagnant until once in a blue moon those pesky invaders come and start taking the wrong keeps (please note wrong keeps...i.e. who really gives a FK if Crau is under attack? For a very long time I always thought Crau was an alb keep anyway :D) and then woohoo /as gets spammed by everyone speculating that it might be a RR just because finally they can use that command that they received two weeks ago and yet still not found the Op to use it.

Oh and my theory on spam police whilst I'm standing on the soapbox?
Creeps. The lot of them.

"Ooooh! Would you look at that! That person is (in my opinion) spamming /AS with pointless crap, somthing I would never dream of doing because I use /AS like it should be used...I'd really better tell them off for spamming. Oh but wait. If I just pm them then they may turn around and be nasty to me and also I don't get the recognition that I'm a good /AS user and feel that this sort of thing is somthing I would never dream of doing....I know! I'll send it on /AS!"..........

........Of course in this I don't include the officers or GM's of CF as there always has to be moderators otherwise if your not told how will you know (which brings me back to the above comment about /AS being used as a powerful tool. Easier for one CF officer to tell someone off for spamming on /AS through /AS and let everyone know that is not acceptable than to just pm every single individual when or if they spam).

Think I agree with Wiz...the spam police are the worst type of spammer on an /AS channel.

C

Chameleon

Hmm it's sad when people forget this is a game and should be enjoyed as such. As much as some might like to think it, your not military commanders and the realm will never respond/react like a well trained killing machine ........ so stop pretending you are/it is.
The whole co-ordination of players and passing on of information would work a lot better if certain people deflated their egos a little and relaxed a bit.

O

old.Tzeentch

as for this 'spam police' thing.. i do that from time to time, but notice its after people have flocked to and joined in on the public conversation over /as, and not just someguy who mt'ed.

i've seen people purposefully start talking about other people to vilify them over /as and people respond, seen people just talk shit in general, to be 'cool' and say 'wow, im such a rebel im talking on /as'.

so you tell me, am i wrong to say - here, stfu, i'll have you reported to your GM - ?

O

old.Tzeentch

one more thing:

yes it is a game, and yes you are meant to have fun, but /as is a massive cg/broad channel with over 250 or so people able to use it the busiest times, do you really think this is someones idea of having fun, being able to talk about something the other 249 people have no clue about?

seems to me its an attention seeking thing.. you can make a cg with your mates, or talk in group or guild chat.. having full blown arguments and discussions over /as is not appropiate as it is a channel for the purpose of realm defence primarily, and that relates to a hell of a lot more people since it IS what a large part of the game is about - rvr.

T

Tyka

Someone please call 911
I've just seen 3 white spam lines on my computer
And it's piercing through my soul!!!!!
Feel my body getting cold
So cold, so cold

SOMEONE PLEASE CALL NINE ONE ONE!!!!

A

angara-ffs

I did tyka :/
But, it was to busy :( got like 20 people waiting in front of me with an AS spam emergency :p

M

Marwolaeth

Originally posted by old.Tzeentch
as for this 'spam police' thing.. i do that from time to time, but notice its after people have flocked to and joined in on the public conversation over /as, and not just someguy who mt'ed.

i've seen people purposefully start talking about other people to vilify them over /as and people respond, seen people just talk shit in general, to be 'cool' and say 'wow, im such a rebel im talking on /as'.

so you tell me, am i wrong to say - here, stfu, i'll have you reported to your GM - ?

Yes you are. I agree with you wanting them to stfu but surely a polite PM warning them is the way to do this, not put on your little "SpamGuard" armband and do it over /as.

M

Marwolaeth

Originally posted by Tyka
Someone please call 911
I've just seen 3 white spam lines on my computer
And it's piercing through my soul!!!!!
Feel my body getting cold
So cold, so cold

SOMEONE PLEASE CALL NINE ONE ONE!!!!

I did but all I got was a nice woman telling me that here in britain it's 999 .....didn't want to risk it :D

M

Marwolaeth

Ooh and Wiz, next time you see a tincan labelled "Worms"...don't open it :D

A

Amadon

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
Yes some, but alot of CF abuse the fact they are the alliance leaders and assume they can so/do what they want towards other /as users.
er

that's bullshit

the GM's / Officers are pretty strict on how CF members use /as, they just don't mete out the discipline over /as so you don't see it.

A

Amadon

getting 50 aint anything special, most have probably got one or two at least by now.
it's special if it's that person's first 50
just because it lost it's novelty for you doesn't mean it has for other people

T

Tyka

Originally posted by Marwolaeth
I did but all I got was a nice woman telling me that here in britain it's 999 .....didn't want to risk it :D

It's 28 degrees over here, people arguing over "alliance chat", funny ;)

A

Amadon

I've seen people purposefully "mt" on /as ;)

Users who are viewing this thread