Comments on CF alliance chat

W

WIZ@RD_of_W@R

I just wonder what's so wrong on a /as announcement of a Ding 50 or a ding LGM crafter. It only happens once per character and the people involved enjoy it. IMO it's harmless and both important to realm.

Send a Pm for gratz to the one involved to keep spamm down and keep the shitty remarks like "now that's real important rvr information" either to yourself or to your guild and not on /as as that's the real spam we all :puke: on.

Stop whining about it imo and enjoy another player succes and if you can't you might wanna start thinking about what you are doing in the game as clearly you not enjoying it.

If an announcement is out of order inform let the alliance leader deal with it as shitty remarks will never come to annything constructive and we don't need 100+ /as spam police agents.

S

spankya

The alliance chat is meant for RvR only so thats why poeple get annoyed. Saying gratz ******* on lvl 50, causes even more spam by poeple saying gratz back on /as, which then pisses even more poeple off, then /as gets spammed again by people moaning... Thats why its not really a good idea to say gratz on /as :)

V

Vantros

/as may have been originally ment for RvR but its now getting used for such things as galla raids etc, someone dinging lvl 50 doesnt needed to be posted on /as but saying theres a new LGM AC/WC/SC/alc is.. as it means thats another name for peeps to look for when they want something crafted.... its the snide remarks peeps are makeing thats the spam, /as is for general information relevant to the defence within and outwith the realm, involving hibernia.. and knowing where u can get replacement weapons etc is vital as we dont want poorly equiped members in RvR...

W

WIZ@RD_of_W@R

Originally posted by spankya
The alliance chat is meant for RvR only so thats why poeple get annoyed. Saying gratz ******* on lvl 50, causes even more spam by poeple saying gratz back on /as, which then pisses even more poeple off, then /as gets spammed again by people moaning... Thats why its not really a good idea to say gratz on /as :)

Well IMO the ones saying gratz back on /as are out of order (as they know they should do it by a PM) and the ones giving a shitty remark on top of that even more (as everyone gets annoyed by that), but then again I think the good peeps will have to suffer for the rotten apples and we will have no more ding 50 or ding LGM announcements on CF /as.

Come play Daoc it's a wonderfull game you can't celebrate other peoples succes tho as you will get massivly flamed for it.

For the people who get annoyed so easily:
Get a life or crawl back under the stone you came from (and go play some game offline), but keep the shitty remarks to yourself as no-one is asking for them while they playing a game for their enjoyment.

W

WIZ@RD_of_W@R

Originally posted by Vantros
someone dinging lvl 50 doesnt needed to be posted on /as

Somewhere I can remember a /as send by vantros himself saying he dinged 50 and several other posts of his m8s dinging 50 and even Gratz replies on other people dinging 50.

All that I am saying do we really want the fun taken out of our game as some spamcoppers might flame you for it on /as or can we act as adults and enjoy another one's succes? Think we need to focus more on the so called "misstells" and the crap critisism on /as than a harmless announcement that someone has reached their PvE goal.

V

Vantros

actually wiz i never posted on /as about it... i didnt even post here on BW cos i didnt have /as till lvl 50... i never used /as for it cos it was a great responsibility Malok had trusted me with... and so i only used it when i had too

V

Vantros

look wiz its the rules set by CF follow them or leave the alliance, it may be fun but if someone creates something that is ment for something and invites u to join them u shouldnt take it upon yourself to try and take away the whole ideal it was ment for.. keep gratz on lvl to BW.. its simple m8.. well least thats my view

O

old.Xanthian

Its ran like a nazi concentration camp imo, and the majority of ppl behind it are mini hitlers.
Harsh but true.

S

Spudgie

Originally posted by old.Xanthian
Its ran like a nazi concentration camp imo, and the majority of ppl behind it are mini hitlers.
Harsh but true.

CF'ers never seem to spam it or broadcast pointless shite, I for one haven't made a /as message in over a month now - I've had no reason to, yet I'm RvR active.

You'll probably find that the spammers are non-CF, because this is highly frowned upon within the guild. Next time someone spams do a /who. Xan you know some of us better than this imo.

W

WIZ@RD_of_W@R

Your /as use has always been ok Vantros not really complaining about that but plz don't tell us you have always kept it to RvR only as I can remember some incident with Terminus being an ass on /as where even you couldn't resist to act as a spammcopper:

Vantros%20and%20AS.jpg

And I won't be hypocritical about this as I remember I told terminus to plz shaddap on /as on this issue as well, but I also realised I could have done it in a PM. Just don't turn into a saint and tell us you only use or used /as if you really had too.

And Yes I realise this is a cheap shot, but you asked for it :p

O

old.Xanthian

Originally posted by Spudgie
CF'ers never seem to spam it or broadcast pointless shite, I for one haven't made a /as message in over a month now - I've had no reason to, yet I'm RvR active.

You'll probably find that the spammers are non-CF, because this is highly frowned upon within the guild. Next time someone spams do a /who. Xan you know some of us better than this imo.

Yes some, but alot of CF abuse the fact they are the alliance leaders and assume they can so/do what they want towards other /as users.

S

Spudgie

k I'll shut up

/as abuse is clamped down upon faster and harsher in CF than any other guild in the alliance. Simple as that.

And no I have never spammed /as not even a stfu so I'll claim that saintly title.

Nuff said, btw I don't think termi is in CF anymore ^

S

Spudgie

Originally posted by WIZ@RD_of_W@R
Think we need to focus more on the so called "misstells" and the crap critisism on /as than a harmless announcement that someone has reached their PvE goal.

Agreed :clap:

W

WIZ@RD_of_W@R

Originally posted by Vantros
look wiz its the rules set by CF follow them or leave the alliance, it may be fun but if someone creates something that is ment for something and invites u to join them u shouldnt take it upon yourself to try and take away the whole ideal it was ment for.. keep gratz on lvl to BW.. its simple m8.. well least thats my view

Lemme get 1 thing clear I am not complaining about alliance rules neither of the leadership by CF and I am still glad to be in this alliance. When you out of order the people that really have to tell you something in this alliance will do that by a PM and they are respected by doing so.
Fact is the majority of on the users of alliance chat aint irritated by a ding 50 or ding LGM announcement, but on by the spam that follows be it a Gratz on /as (which obviously could and should be done in a PM) or even worse people whining on /as not to spam /as or even make another shitty remark. Those remarks take the fun out of the game for many people and imo that needs solving instead of the celebration of someone accompliging his PvE or Crafting goal. How many peeps ding 50 or LGM in a month let it be 20 at the highest so 20 announcements on /as it still doesn't even come close to the spam we see on daily bases.

IMO we should Live and let Live more.

W

WIZ@RD_of_W@R

Originally posted by Spudgie
Nuff said, btw I don't think termi is in CF anymore ^

Lol it's a old screenie and didn't even realise Termi was in CF just brought it forward to show Vant nobody is a saint in his /as usage even with the strict rules we had in AK ;)

S

Spudgie

Originally posted by WIZ@RD_of_W@R
Lemme get 1 thing clear I am not complaining about alliance rules neither of the leadership by CF and I am still glad to be in this alliance. When you out of order the people that really have to tell you something in this alliance will do that by a PM and they are respected by doing so.
Fact is the majority of on the users of alliance chat aint irritated by a ding 50 or ding LGM announcement, but on by the spam that follows be it a Gratz on /as (which obviously could and should be done in a PM) or even worse people whining on /as not to spam /as or even make another shitty remark. Those remarks take the fun out of the game for many people and imo that needs solving instead of the celebration of someone accompliging his PvE or Crafting goal. How many peeps ding 50 or LGM in a month let it be 20 at the highest so 20 announcements on /as it still doesn't even come close to the spam we see on daily bases.

IMO we should Live and let Live more.

That i agree with too, It takes hard work to get LGM, maybe not 50 anymore, but it's still a lot of time invested in your realm.

I usually play off-peak times, ie after midnight where /as is imo a bit more relaxed. Zergs are considered smaller and its good to know if someones spotted 1fg invaders in emain somewhere, especially when your running in the only active hibbie RvR group at that hour.

D

-Dreama-

Would you boys like to pull them out and measure them and get this over with?

Simple rule, CF made the alliance, they made the rules, if you don't agree/follow/like the rules, get out.

I admit to my fair share of /as spam, about Galla raids. Granted this was only done after getting permission from the CF /as leaders to use /as for the raids.

W

WIZ@RD_of_W@R

Originally posted by -Dreama-
Would you boys like to pull them out and measure them and get this over with?

No offence Kama, but this is clearly the most stupid remark you ever made me. You clearly missing the point as it aint about the CF alliance chat rules, but about all the negative remarks and critisism.

E

Ensceptifica

Harsh but true.

Hey you said the same thing about the CBH alliance when we kept correcting you & your friends for /as abuse. Maybe it's you that's wrong?

T

Tyka

Good points you made Wiz, nevermind what the kids say about it, most people that been on the CF as since the beginning know hot it was and how it should be today, it's mostly the newcomers that whine about how things suck. Fact is that the alliance chat always been working like that and will (hopefully) always be that way.

E

Ensceptifica

By the way, an alliance meeting was held yesterday to address several subjects, one of them being the spam policy. No conclusions yet, but CF & alliance guilds are trying to work stuff like this out in a way that most/all CF alliance guilds can agree on.

R

Roo Stercogburn

ARG! who let me in here ;)

(Happened to be browsing because I have an ickle druid here)

Have seen these kind of arguments on Prydwen a lot. What do you use alliance chat for.

Its set out in your alliance charter or by agreement with GMs at the start. And then you abide by it or leave. Sooo simple ;)

Fedaykin alliance chat is hard to police because we allow 50 ding gratzes, raid and hunt organising as well as RvR. Always have. Some guilds don't like this and left for RvR-Only alliances and some have joined because it fits how they want to be.

Only thing I disagree with above is that I notice from screenies that internet shorthand for swearing appears to pass as ok on AC, and this we stamp on hard as it has a negative effect on the kind of cameraderie you need in an effective alliance.

Slightly offtopic: There seems to be a bit of an inverse law though when it comes to alliances: the larger the alliance, the harder you have to be on AC usage, as a lot of people will stretch the spirit of the thing to breaking point and this I've seen in the past.

A

Asq

Guess coming to some kind of agreement on how to use /as shouldn't be that hard. After yesterday's meet how does the following sound:

dings lvl 50;
dings rr5+;
dings LGM;

allowed on /as, all replies in pm's. As to the regular "stop spamming /as" replies all in pm's. No spam during key-prime-time-hours, little during off-hours.

Basically this is already how it is agreed to in earlier meets (correct me if I'm wrong), people just ought to stick to it. People also should stop going banana's if someone does gives an occasional gratz on /as.

A

Arnor

as long as its quiet on /as I have no problems whatsoever with one-liners, as long is it is that and evt. replies are pm'ed there shouldnt be a prob imo.

even the occational joke shant be frowned upon at 5am or some other silly time with like 50 ppl online.

V

vintervargen

[Alliance] Stormriderx: looking for weapon enamel remover.
[Alliance] Stormriderx: ops mt

^^

A

Arnor

Originally posted by vintervargen

^^

that is OFC allowed, as long as you say sorry, its arite :p

old CE alliance on mid:

-"soz for spam, wts ebop, random salvage stuff,etc,etc,etc,etc"

-"aww, ffs! damn spammer"

-"no spam plz!!!!111"
-"yeah, stop spamming you spammer"

me -"stop spamming about spamming retards"

-"hey! stop spamming about spamming about spamming"

-"language plzplz"

me "f-o prissy bastard"

casi or some other officer "get a frigging cg n0bbers, your driving me tonkers"

etc etc ad infinitum, was great fun :p

A

Asq

Originally posted by Arnor
as long as its quiet on /as I have no problems whatsoever with one-liners, as long is it is that and evt. replies are pm'ed there shouldnt be a prob imo.

even the occational joke shant be frowned upon at 5am or some other silly time with like 50 ppl online.
Indeed.

Originally posted by vintervargen

^^
Nerf Storm :p

G

Gray-CF

Harsh but true.

You know he must be right !!!

CF GM's

Gray
Verata
Harle

yes im sure if you ask around 3 of the most disliked and hitler like people in the game - at least one of us must be on everyones shitlist eh Xan ?

and yes we run cf like a nazi concentration camp - just ask all our unhappy members about the multitude of rules they have to stick too at all times

back on subject

50 grats on /as - not welcomed - a long time ago 50's where rare and it wasnt an issue and even then wasnt really done - Now lots of peeps ding 50 all the time - so please no 50 grats on /as

as for crafting - very valid point about letting people know theres a new crafter in town Wiz m8 - But the prob is the the gratz spam that follows - which is natural but then turns some usefull info into a spamfest. tbh crafters get known anyways so imo its better to keep it of /as unfortunetly just because of the spam response.

H

Hestetun

The /as is for RvR only. U give short msg on it , and goode ones , etc 2 fgs mids at bowl etc. U DONT repley on it ! Ive seen Jozen kick guilds for it and imo its time to do it again. Its fookings annoying tbh to see all the shit spam around.

The /as is also for Events, lika galla raid and stuff like that, when peeps say that dont replay on /as replay in a PM . Gratz posts can u make on BW thats good enough

G

Gahldir

imo this is the place where you brag about your new realmrank, L50-char or LGM ;)

Users who are viewing this thread