coming up on the PS3

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
"Sony fanboi bullshit"? I've never even owned a playstation of any kind whatsoever. Virtua Fighter is fucking dire and Soul Calibur is pretty decent but not a patch on Tekken..

So you rate SC higher than VF?

that's fair I guess, I just don't get it :confused::confused::confused:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
A little bit higher... I don't think much of SC but VF is absolutely atrocious.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
A little bit higher... I don't think much of SC but VF is absolutely atrocious.

Depends what you're after in a beat-em-up. If you like technical, balanced, very dificult to master 3d fighters then VF is the winner. Personally I can't master it so it's also a bit meh to me :)

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm with Wij on VF. Technically great game, although basically impossible to play well.

And Soul Calibur is made by the same team that make Tekken, so calling someone a fanboy for liking Tekken and then saying SC is better is pretty damn silly.

Not played any of the new beat 'em ups but TTT and SC2 are the best beat 'em ups.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Tekken Tag is certainly the best Tekken. Tekken 5 DR: Online is ok though. Still has super-cheap Jinpachi at the end though if you try to play Arcade Mode :(

I thought the original Soul Calibur (on Dreamcast) was the best Soul Calibur.

SF3: 3rd Strike should have got a port to PS2/PS3 in Europe tbh but we got fucked over again.

Also, it's a pity they never brought the Hokuto No Ken beat em up outside of Japan. That looks sweet :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Such sony fanboi bullshit :)

SoulCaliber/Virtua Fighter pwn that shite series.

Lol nath a Sony fanboy? The cheap bastard wouldn't even buy a PS2, even when he knew he could play the uberness that was Wipeout Fusion (and TTT). Even though I called him gay, repeatedly.

Oh and SC is just Tekken with weapons. Pussies use weapons, ergo, Tekken is superior.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Pussies use weapons, ergo, Tekken is superior.

Much though Bodhi is full of shit when it comes to most console related business, the above logic is clearly without fault.

Wonk

Can't get enough of FH
One thing I like about tekken though, is that it is such a mainstream game :) I bet lots of people who thought they were the "worlds best Eddy player" in tekken 3, will get their arse kicked by pros once they're going online :D that's going to be sweet.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Eddie sucks baaaaalllllls. Bryan = winnar.

Bodhi

Hwoarang! or however he spells it :)

Baek > Whoreang. Shame there's very little chance Baek will be back :( I'll have to kick everyone's ass with Paul instead.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Grr. Backwards fucking compatibility kthx! If they released a PS3 that could play Tekken 3/Tag and Shadows of the Colossus I would buy it tomorrow.

Nghh.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
People still sell their old ps3's. Try and get hold of a second hand BC model?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
60Gb ones still fetch £300+ on eBay. Just shows what the public want :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I guess I could get something from ebay. I always hoped sony might eventually release another backwards compatible machine at some point.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I guess I could get something from ebay. I always hoped sony might eventually release another backwards compatible machine at some point.

haha your kidding right? they are struggling to shift the stock they have now let alone put millions into another backward compat model and up the price by £100

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I'm thinking years down the line. Like the difference between the PS2 and the PS2 slimline jobby. They're bound to release another PS3 at some point, hopefully when they do it'll have backwards compatibility. Though I guess at that point PS2 games will be so old that it'll not be so necessary.

Bodhi

haha your kidding right? they are struggling to shift the stock they have now let alone put millions into another backward compat model and up the price by £100

It's easy to shift stock when all your products in the field are failing through shit design.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It's easy to shift stock when all your products in the field are failing through shit design.

LOL

Wouldnt have anything to do with the price plus better games/online would it?

Good point though made me laugh.

Yaka

Part of the furniture

there have been rumors from jornos in japan that sony are for some fuck witted reason holding back on ps2 emu. only draw back it will only play games purchased via psn.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Hmm. Tekken Tag and Shadow of the Colossus, as long as that was available on PSN I'd be set.

I fucking loved Shadow of the Colossus.

Ooo, and Ico!

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Yeh - and Sands Of Time etc...

Just make PS2 games work you dicks ! Even 360 plays most XBox games (for what that's worth)

Bodhi

LOL

Wouldnt have anything to do with the price plus better games/online would it?

Good point though made me laugh.

Probably more to do with the 33% failure rate, which means they keep having to ship more units to make up for all the ones that broke.

Your points are mainly subjective tbh. Better games of 360? Meh. If you like PC games then yes, but if you buy a console to play console games then PS3 and even Wii are out in front. Better online? Well on PS3 I never have a problem getting a game, and I'd rather not pay to get invited to play a game I don't want to play by some spotty American oik I've never met.

The price I'd say was moot as well. Spec a 360 up so it can do all a PS3 can they cost around the same, plus then you've to add a Blueray player. If you want a total home entertainment solution, there is no cheaper way of doing it than a PS3. This is fact. If you want a cheap games console, might I suggest a PS2?

Anyway back on the topic we were discussing before Bill's Fluffer so rudely interrupted. Upcoming games on PS3 (of which there are a shitload). I've been looking at Killzone 2 reviews this morning. An average of 9.4 /10 over 37 reviews indicates to me Killzone 2 is going to pwn. In fact it would appear the demo is on PSN tomorrow. Oh good lordy I appear to be about to spaff myself.

Chilly

Balls of steel
It's official Sony have been demolished.

I wish you'd fuck off with your bollocks fanboyism. Explain what you fucking mean or fuck off with your pointless comments. Fucking retard.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
It's official Sony have been demolished.

If you mean the poor sales figures recently then I believe we already have a thread for such topics :)

Killzone 2 is actually good ? As one of the few people (I know of) to play the original it was very meh. Still, demo should point yay or nay...

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I wish you'd fuck off with your bollocks fanboyism. Explain what you fucking mean or fuck off with your pointless comments. Fucking retard.

What i've been wanting to say on two threads for several pages but i'm too polite these days.

Aada

Part of the furniture

You dirty violent Sony fanboi getting all het up over a comment? Or maybe your not too happy with the sales of your beloved machine yourself?

Oh dear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom