coming up on the PS3

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Killzone 2. February 27th (iirc).

In the words of Churchill

Oh Yeeeeeeeeessssssssh.

Bodhi

Also the best looking game, on any format apparently. Yes, even better than Crysis.

Looking at that list has given me monster wood tbh. Killzone 2, RE5, Tekken 6, MAG, InFamous, GOW3, GT5, Wolfenstein are all getting bought. Looks like it's going to be a stonking year on PS3.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Out of those games, tekken maybe, but I would not pay more than £20 for a fighter now. gow3 and re5 are the only one's that stand out. I would get resi on the 360 though most likely. The rest are meh.

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
Theres a new Wolfenstein coming out awesome, but will get it on the PC, may need a new Graphics Card by then though.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Infamous could be good, I just hope it doesn't feel too much like a shooter.

I would be looking forward to Disgaea 3 if I never already imported it :)

Bodhi

Out of those games, tekken maybe, but I would not pay more than £20 for a fighter now. gow3 and re5 are the only one's that stand out. I would get resi on the 360 though most likely. The rest are meh.

I'm at a loss for words here. How can Killzone 2 and GT5 be meh? And getting a single player game on the 360 when it'll be available on the PS3 with super shiny graphics and a non-shit controller?

How is your padded cell these days anyway?

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Bods as usual you are not taking into account other people's tastes and opinions. The majority of cross platform games have IMO looked better on the 360, I like the 360 controller, loathe the PS one. I do not give a rats arse about any of the GT series, they bore me to death. And killzone? Oh look another shiney fps. Please.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Isn't Streetfighter coming out on PS3 shortly?

I was going to pre-order it on Play but it was like £70 for a special edition bullshit version so then I didn't.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
The majority of cross platform games have IMO looked better on the 360

You've either been looking at an unlucky selection of games or you're eyesight's not that great. Some look better on Xbox but the PS3 is much nicer graphically.

But then gameplay > graphics, so you're fighting a losing battle in the xbox corner ;)

I want a PS3 but they're still far too expensive. Any ideas when there might be a price cut, or of some very good package deals? Also, when is GT5 out?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
You've either been looking at an unlucky selection of games or you're eyesight's not that great. Some look better on Xbox but the PS3 is much nicer graphically.

Care to back that up with some examples? I'm no fanboy so you don't have to worry about this turning in to the gayest discussion ever*.

*Clearly that other thread.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter

But then gameplay > graphics, so you're fighting a losing battle in the xbox corner ;)

I want a PS3 but they're still far too expensive. Any ideas when there might be a price cut, or of some very good package deals? Also, when is GT5 out?

What the fuck are you sniffing? Next you will be telling me how graphically superior the GPU on the PS3 is and then I am going to have to make you look silly. As the guy who designed CELL recently admited, the 360 has the better GPU so the only time the PS3 is going to look better is when you get games with massive amounts of million spend on texturing and models alone. Something like God of War 3 if they don't fuck it up. At the moment I haven't seen the PS3 do anything graphics wise a 360 can't do and with the added bonus of 60fps with AA on which many developers have struggled to get PS3 doing.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Uh oh, fanboy alert. All sane people evacuate the area!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I was going to say my bit, but clearly it would be wasted as any form of unbiased observation will be hacked down by some angry fanboy spastic (no I don't mean you Bods).

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Can we just create another forum for the sane amongst us and password protect it?

Will

/bin/su
Can we try to keep the over the top fanboyism to the other thread please. Nath asked a personally reasonable question. So provide him with examples, not frothing opinion.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Got to say I can see very little that floats my boat coming up on PS3. I always had a soft spot for SOCOM, but that's about it, and if I want to play that kind of game I'd usually prefer playing on PC anyway.

Bodhi

Care to back that up with some examples? I'm no fanboy so you don't have to worry about this turning in to the gayest discussion ever*.

*Clearly that other thread.

I'm struggling to find any game on any format that can hold a candle to GT5 or Wipeout HD for sheer "OMG I just came" visuals. Wipeout especially, as it flies along in pure 1080p at 60fps.

Oh and HD is betterer than Fusion nathykins.

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
i think we should rename the "omg look at that game it looks amazing" to "i did a little sex wee" as bod's said the other week

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Examples of cross platform games that look better on the ps3 than 360 bods, since that was the question asked.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Did it? Wasn't GTA the game that ran at a lower res on the ps3?

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Says a lot for the Xbox then that a game running in a lower res on another machine looks better. :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
You giant bunch of spackers, both consoles are good, I get on better with my PS3 than I did the 360 but that means nowt really. I prefer the layout of the PS3 for what I use it for (media centre).

The PS3 has a way better controller (imo) but the 360 has a way better online experience.

Anyways I found Streetfighter for £27.99 now so I'm happy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom