coming up on the PS3

Aada

Part of the furniture
You giant bunch of spackers, both consoles are good, I get on better with my PS3 than I did the 360 but that means nowt really. I prefer the layout of the PS3 for what I use it for (media centre).

The PS3 has a way better controller (imo) but the 360 has a way better online experience.

Anyways I found Streetfighter for £27.99 now so I'm happy.

I prefer my console for GAMES i have everything else for my media but games should come top of the list on any console?

:m00:

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
There's a vid on the Fallout 3 thread showing that looking better on Pus3.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Did it? Wasn't GTA the game that ran at a lower res on the ps3?

Meh, it runs at a massively higher res on the PC and looks like a bag of wank. Waiting for it to be patched before I play it.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
All of this graphics wars is just nonsense that doesn't matter, but chodax is showing a serious lack of understanding console hardware if he thinks the GPU is the only thing that matters. If that was the case, why haven't I seen games better looking than Wipeout HD, GT5:p or Killzone 2 on the 360?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Thing is, I highly doubt that there are more/significantly more *cross platform* games that look better on the PS3. Even if we don't count cross platform games, I've not been blown away by the graphics on the PS3 with any of its games. Did you have any specific games in mind Wazz or do you just think the PS3 does things better generally?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Can you use a mouse/keyboard on Killzone 2?

*Not a trick question or anything, it looks good but dislike FPS games with a Joypad.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
From an unbiased opinion, the PS3 is better at doing things generally.

And yes, there's no massive difference in graphics on cross-platform games. Some look a little better on PS3, a couple look a little better on Xbox. Things is, with cross-platform games you'll never really know which machine could run the game significantly better since developers will never allow cross-platform games to be heavily unbalanced in this way (so for example we'll never see a PS3 or 360 release that looks a LOT better than the other) simply because you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot.

And RE: ST^: You can't argue with fanboy logic, you should know this by now. They read an article somewhere on the web that suggests one thing could be better than another comparable thing and that means the entire console and everything associated is therefore greater than the opponent's.

This thread is getting too much like Xbox v 360, that's not the point of this thread.

Can anyone instead answer if there are any rumoured price drops/release dates for GT5? :D

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Granted, but when it comes to the exclusives, I don't see a massive difference in graphics quality (though it's difficult to compare completely different games). Anyway, yes - lets leave this bullshit for the other thread.

Sar

Part of the furniture
TBH, in all the Eurogamer face offs comparing graphics of cross-platform games between the 360 and PS3, I've preferred the graphics on the 360 versions 90% of the time.

It has sharper textures, better contrast, and the PS3's blurring/fake AA tech muddys up screenshots something awful.

That said, I do love how well the PS3 pulls off lighting in games. Superb and very realistic.

For some reason PC & 360 lighting is still a bit behind the PS3.

Generally though the PC pishes over both from a large height.

Oh and there's very little out at all bar SF4 for the next 5 months or so that I can recall, so it's not just the PS3.

I wish publishers would learn that not all titles will sell spooge-loads at Xmas. Some titles would be better waiting until the post-xmas dry period.

TR: Underworld is a prime example IMO. If it was released next month I reckon it would have sold a shit-load more.

I know I'll be buying it (and SF4 natch) next month, but in the lead up to xmas there were far too many bigger & better games being released: Fable 2, Fallout 3 etc.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
Can you use a mouse/keyboard on Killzone 2?

*Not a trick question or anything, it looks good but dislike FPS games with a Joypad.

No you can't. As far as I know, the only game that supported it is UT3. The campaigns (in all games) are just not balanced for M/KB... would be so easy compared to pad.

Aada

Part of the furniture
From an unbiased opinion, the PS3 is better at doing things generally.

And yes, there's no massive difference in graphics on cross-platform games. Some look a little better on PS3, a couple look a little better on Xbox. Things is, with cross-platform games you'll never really know which machine could run the game significantly better since developers will never allow cross-platform games to be heavily unbalanced in this way (so for example we'll never see a PS3 or 360 release that looks a LOT better than the other) simply because you don't want to shoot yourself in the foot.

And RE: ST^: You can't argue with fanboy logic, you should know this by now. They read an article somewhere on the web that suggests one thing could be better than another comparable thing and that means the entire console and everything associated is therefore greater than the opponent's.

This thread is getting too much like Xbox v 360, that's not the point of this thread.

Can anyone instead answer if there are any rumoured price drops/release dates for GT5? :D

There was a huge difference in Fallout 3 on 360/PS3 it has been well documented by alot of reviews that the PS3 was by far the inferior version so atleast get ya facts right.

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
I prefer my console for GAMES i have everything else for my media but games should come top of the list on any console?

:m00:

Not for me.

I wanted to watch stuff off my pc on my big telly and I also wanted a Blu-Ray player, I don't own 1 single game for my PS3 (until SF comes out).

I tend to think console games are utter shat and nothing has floated my boat since the SNES. My pc is my games machine. The games I like are just dreadful to me on consoles......any console.

So you use it for your things and I shall use it for my things, mmmmmmmk?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
cant you people go argue in the other xbox v ps3 thread?

nice looking list of games, almost one i want every month if i could afford it :)

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Don't remember seeing Uncharted 2 on there which is another one to look forward to, certainly if the first one is anything to go by.

gunner440

Hey Daddy Altman
Don't remember seeing Uncharted 2 on there which is another one to look forward to, certainly if the first one is anything to go by.

The first took me by surprise. Who needs Tomb Raider?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
is uncharted actually good by current standards? reckon i could pick one up for less than a tenner if i look around assuming it's worth it

Chilly

Balls of steel
fuck off out of my thread. I want game ideas not a bunch of slags arguing nothings.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
is uncharted actually good by current standards? reckon i could pick one up for less than a tenner if i look around assuming it's worth it

It's really, really good by any standard. Except probably Aada's. 'cos it liek copied teh whole thing from toom raydar.

Aada

Part of the furniture
It's really, really good by any standard. Except probably Aada's. 'cos it liek copied teh whole thing from toom raydar.

I've said in a number of threads that Uncharted is the best game i have played on the PS3 so..

:kissit:

TR sucks always has since the second game.

ST^

Can't get enough of FH
I did say probably. You have to admit, the probability was pretty high.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Uncharted is class, reminds me I have yet to finish it. Uncharted 2 should be worth getting.

Talivar

Part of the furniture
Last 2 TR where great and so was uncharted imo, think if you enjoy one you will enjoy all 3 on either console. as for inc games on both consoels then i reckon is some good games coming for both. Stuff like DC online, agency, gow2 , white knight all look great for ps3 imo.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Uncharted is class, reminds me I have yet to finish it. Uncharted 2 should be worth getting.

what? are you kidding? almost had me in tears it was so bad imo! only good thing was the pretty environs, but that's about the only thing that comes to mind :/

Yaka

Part of the furniture
preety much everyone bar you think its good game then

Starman

Part of the furniture
I really enjoyed Uncharted myself - But I don't think I'd be willing to pay £40 for it at launch. £20-30 will be ok tho.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
fuck off out of my thread. I want game ideas not a bunch of slags arguing nothings.

That made me spit my lemonade out laughing :D.

I loved Uncharted, was glued to it last Christmas and I'm very much looking forward to the follow up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom