Coffee freaks

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Thanks, will research over the weekend. Think yourself an unlucky person, when the Euro fails you are in shit street :p Long live sterling! Fuck yeh!
heh, failing back to the Guilder will make everything much cheaper. At least that is what I assume, since upgrading to the Euro made everything more expensive!

£350 for a grinder :oops:

I have the same francis, just use a cheap grinder though. That makes a difference? oO
you'd think a grinder is a grinder, but it's not the case: not only is there a question of how fine you can go, but also consistence and the manner in which the beans are actually "ground" is a factor. For example, there are burr grinders and plate grinders. All these factors will do things to your coffee, not to mention what kind of machine you have, what the pressure and temperature are, how constant they are, up to even how much moisture is in the air and what kind of water you're running in to your machine.

I prefer espresso. Simple. Nothing so far has beat Illy in a traditional Italian "kettle" (don't know the name for them). Costa are shit, I prefer Nero. Latte is just wrong.

Latte is not wrong you uncultured heathen :eek: also, you're talking about a caffettiera: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
heh, failing back to the Guilder will make everything much cheaper. At least that is what I assume, since upgrading to the Euro made everything more expensive!

you'd think a grinder is a grinder, but it's not the case: not only is there a question of how fine you can go, but also consistence and the manner in which the beans are actually "ground" is a factor. For example, there are burr grinders and plate grinders. All these factors will do things to your coffee, not to mention what kind of machine you have, what the pressure and temperature are, how constant they are, up to even how much moisture is in the air and what kind of water you're running in to your machine.

Latte is not wrong you uncultured heathen :eek: also, you're talking about a caffettiera: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moka_pot
How dare the. I have grown up with Italian coffee and I can say that real Italians do not drink Latte (coffee with a bucket load of milk). That is not coffee. Coffee is about tasting the bean not something else.

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
yeah well you can flick your bean all you like, but those of us who are enlightened know about latte and cappuccino and enjoy them! also, a decent latte is ofc in the eye of the beholder. I take mine with three shots of espresso.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
yeah well you can flick your bean all you like, but those of us who are enlightened know about latte and cappuccino and enjoy them! also, a decent latte is ofc in the eye of the beholder. I take mine with three shots of espresso.
Latte is just wrong, let us drown coffee in milk. Cunts.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Yes they are pods only and do offer many different type of bean. I have been thinking of buying a grinder and then a coffee "maker" but have never gotten around to it. My Nespresso sees a lot of use. Every morning I have at least two to wake me up but I think it is a false economy. The pods cost around 25p each (could be wrong, don't look at what I am buying).

Just a thought, I'm pretty sure you can buy re-usable pods for such machines (I'm thinking kuerig specifically here because I've seen one) which you put our own coffee into?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Just a thought, I'm pretty sure you can buy re-usable pods for such machines (I'm thinking kuerig specifically here because I've seen one) which you put our own coffee into?
No! I would never but reusable pods for my Espresso. Surely that is illegal?

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
What I mean is that it's a contraption that you could open up and put your own freshly ground coffee into before using it.

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
Latte is just wrong, let us drown coffee in milk. Cunts.

Indeed coffee is supposed to be drinken (drunk?) black. Just like the color of an asshole. Good stuff.

We got a new coffee machine at work, cost like 2k British value. It makes the coffee taste like it was made from leftover coffee powder and dishwater. The other machine which is an exact copy makes 5times better tasting, somethings fishy.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
My bitter taste receptors are very sensitive, so for me coffee is fucking rank.

Shame really because other than the bitter after taste I'd like it.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Even lager is too bitter for me, so I doubt it'll have much effect

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Even lager is too bitter for me, so I doubt it'll have much effect

I have the same problem, maybe to a lesser degree but still the salt in coffee definately helps. It's worth a one off try.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I like my coffee, which is why I pay someone else to make it; DIY and its 14 hours of fucking about for a two minute drink. No ta.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I like my coffee, which is why I pay someone else to make it; DIY and its 14 hours of fucking about for a two minute drink. No ta.

Getting good coffee is easier said than done though, most of the franchises sell dirt and call it premium coffee.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Surprisingly, Dublin is awash with coffee shops, and not just the chains. There's a cracking place called the Twisted Pepper across the road from my work which is as good coffee as I've had anywhere, and I have three reasonable coffee shops inside work (I work above a department store). Weirdly the bagel place does better coffee than the dedicated coffee shop.

Mind you, after a caffeine scare a few years back, I tend to restrict my intake, but kids and sleepless nights the last couple of years has seen it creeping back up.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I know Twisted Pepper! Was in there not too long back with one of my cousins. :D Yes the coffee there was very decent, I think they are blending it themselves or using very high quality beans, regularly cleaned machines and brewing it for exactly the right amount of time at the right temp.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
My bitter taste receptors are very sensitive, so for me coffee is fucking rank.

Shame really because other than the bitter after taste I'd like it.
About the only part of you that's not bitter, eh?

Olgaline

FH is my second home
Nespresso leave a filter" Paper" taste in the aftertaste, all pod machines do for some reason.
add to that the waste they generate, means I wouldnt touch them with a 10 foot pole.

when it comes to coffee I prefer:

94_m.jpg

or

bialetti_muka_espresso.jpg

Ormorof

FH is my second home
i love coffee

an Ehtiopian dude i go to uni with says that its practically their national religion down there, and some dudes put BUTTER in their coffee o_O

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
i love coffee

an Ehtiopian dude i go to uni with says that its practically their national religion down there, and some dudes put BUTTER in their coffee o_O

Butter fat is exactly the same fat as in milk, mebbe with a bit of added salt to lift it up.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
I love coffee, however in a recent turn of events I have discovered that I am allergic to it when drunk in quantity :(. By quantity I mean 3 lattes over the course of a few hours. The side effects are horrid, hives, pain in my finger tips, disorientation ;(

However as for lattes and cappuccino's in Italy these yummy beverages are drunk during the morning with espressos being the favoured drink of the afternoon and evening.

Nate

FH is my second home
Ouch :( sorry to hear that Yoni, thanks for letting us know the symptoms though ;o I don't get any of that luckily.

Yoni

It's ok anti histamines sort it out ;/

Ormorof

FH is my second home
im allergic to some anti histamines :(

worst reaction was to piriton (chlorphenamine), freaked the shit out of me, freaked me out more when the doctor freaked out

i took some because i had been eaten alive by mosquitoes and was itching like crazy, a friend recommended anti histamines, my throat then swelled up like a frogs

it upsets me that at work the only coffee comes from a vending machine (and tastes like urine) or from the filter coffee, the filter coffee i make at home (Cos im cheap and easy mostly) isnt too bad but the shit they have at work makes my teeth feel like they are melting urgh

Yoni

TdC said:
you sure you're not just infected with some nordic pollen or something?

No it only happens after caffeine sadly. First instance was two weeks ago... Was horribly unpleasant. So now I take a anti histamine and then have my morning coffee ;/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom