Coffee freaks

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
is this another Job vs the World rant? Well trained baristas tend to make a damn fine cup of coffee, because you know...they know what they're doing. Bit like those highly skilled electricians from abroad you're always banging on about. That aside, go for it Job. Build your tuna empire. Live the dream.

Tbh I'd hazard a guess that your lack of success comes down to you being a bit clueless re wine, just like most people are. Perhaps a bit more than some, given your last remark.

wow, ok, I guess it's a cultural thing but me, I don't drink good wines, beers, spirits, what have you to get pissed. Naturally sometimes it is inevitable, but if I'm hitting the good stuff I do my best to be able to experience it fully. That usually means having lots of still water in between glasses and trying to keep my wits about me.
Water with alcohol. Hmmm. Not really see that very much in the uk. Maybe with dinner. But mostly when i seen that its on the continent.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I would class the level of skill to make a coffee from a machine about the same as knocking out a chicken wrap at KFC, we don't call them demutras..or whatever made up importance bollocks name we could invent to big up the product and it's price.
Coffee is just another elitist pandering moneytree for the whole industry and all through this thread are the fashion victims trying to show off how far they have bought into it.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Wow I'm so I'm glad I bumped this thread.....:rolleyes:

Anyway I ordered the tassimo with some assorted pods and a nice little rack to put them in. It will be here tomorrow.

This thread is about coffee, not wine, you all know that right?

fettoken

I am a FH squatter
I would class the level of skill to make a coffee from a machine about the same as knocking out a chicken wrap at KFC, we don't call them demutras..or whatever made up importance bollocks name we could invent to big up the product and it's price.
Coffee is just another elitist pandering moneytree for the whole industry and all through this thread are the fashion victims trying to show off how far they have bought into it.

Job, there's actually really good coffee and then there's shit coffee. Buying fresh beans, grinding and preparing them does taste really really good, compared to the shit coffee machine at work.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Job in "not knowing what he's on about but posting as though he's an expert on everything" shocker. You really are an ignorant bigoted little dickhead.

Job

How can you not see the bullcrap that is built around coffee by the advertisers and marketers, the invented exclusivity, the pseudo Italian made up names for milky or straight coffee and the endless supply of know it alls who delight in their sophistication by knowing their latte from their capaccino.
Ludicrously overpriced coffee makers..all pandering to peoples desire to be seen as culturally educated.
Sorry to to hurt any feelings, but the entire world of branding just makes me weep, peoples lives today are completely built around advertising, it tells them what to like, who not to like and offers a fix for your ordinaryness, with their wonder product.

Tilda

Pod coffee is not good coffee!
I converted over the last two years from instant to ground with an Aeropress to a Delonghi fully automatic which I love!

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Because I don't buy whatever shite it is you see when you're taking a break from Coronation Street. I buy my beans from a tiny shop in Sheffield, who import them from whichever country grows them, and who roast them on the premises. So they're only a few days old, perhaps a couple of weeks. The beans you see in a supermarket are often six months old (the dates are printed in code on the packaging).

You obviously don't know what you're talking about because further up the thread you talk about instant coffee as though it's the same thing as fresh coffee. That's like calling powdered milk the same thing as fresh, unpasteurised milk.

Seriously Job, you're talking right out of your arse. Next you'll be saying that tinned Heinz spaghetti is the same as what's sold in an Italian restaurant.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Next you'll be saying that tinned Heinz spaghetti is the same as what's sold in an Italian restaurant.

It is, they open the tins and lay out the spaghetti until it dries, then they put it one of those fancy glass jars on a shelf behind the bar

Pfft, you know nothing @Tom ;)

Job

Anyway, I read a Noel Gallagher interview this morning, and it inspired me to keep being a dick, the world needs us.

Job

It is, they open the tins and lay out the spaghetti until it dries, then they put it one of those fancy glass jars on a shelf behind the bar

Pfft, you know nothing @Tom ;)
Nearly all high end restaurants use Costco style suppliers for the food, I've worked in the kitchens for loads of them learning to fix the ovens and the fridges are stacked with precooked catering packs...It's all in the sauce.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
We need a thread about our favourite styles of artisan wanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom