Codblops pc

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well apparently this fixes the issues for nVidia users:

NEW NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE FIXES BLACK OPS! - Steam Users' Forums

Gonna try it now.

(yes, I know I have a new baby but she's still in hospital and I'd like to relax for an hour or so and the PS3 died again, overheated on a pause screen for an hour. fucking junk. just need something to pass a little time)

(yes, I've already had a wank)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The thing is, it doesnt really look that good, it plays ok now more or less, but I've just lost the bloody urge for it now :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Hmm - the drivers helped but not 'smooth as butter' as some claimed. Still way short of what it should be. BLOPS PC was just full of issues and barely tested it would seem.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Just about got XP re-installed on my old HD to try Blops again. Had a bit of a mare since the old HD was the one with the MBR that pointed to GRUB2 on the new one with Win7 and Ubuntu on. Had to learn how to install GRUB2 from scratch from a Live CD before I could take the new one out and totally blat the old one for a fresh dose of XP.

Will let you know how it runs...

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I can confirm that the game runs smooth as silk on XP with exactly the same hardware and all the latest drivers. Muppet coding to blame.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Bored of it anyway :) BC2 Vietnam ftw!!
Really? Is it not just a reskinned BC2?

Have they improved the engine at all for Vietnam btw? Medal of Honour ran *far* better than BC2 does so just wondered if they had implemented that wizardry in to the expansion.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I think it plays much better mate. Well worth 9.99 or whatever it is. Less weapons, but its really atmospheric, I'm really enjoying it at the moment, playing it every night :)

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I may have to give it a bash then. Don't like that the purchase options are so limited though :S.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
since last patch games been b0rked for me. when i wana mp i got a minute to to joing a server or it throws up a message about not being able to connect then. have to quit game and wait 10 mins before trying again.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
You turned shader warming off ?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I upgraded my pc today, a new Sandybridge i7 cpu, Asus mobo and DDR3 ram, and suddenly CODBLOPS runs great, looks great, everything.

I may even play it a bit !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom