Codblops pc

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Not having run my own server for as long as I can remember, is this a big deal ?

Call of Duty: Black Ops - Dedicated Servers

Also, it looks like anyone looking for the PC version is fucked into a cocked hat for supermarket deals. Can't find any that even stock PC games any more :/

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Thinking about it, it leaves you a bit fucked for local games with mates doesn't it. Stuck with vanilla game :/

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Better than no servers at all and having to play on that IW abortion :(

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Had so many bad games tonight with fucked up hosts on MW2. My K/D ratio will look like the iraqi army :(

throdgrain

FH is my second home
This weekend I revisited CoD5. A much under-rated game in my opinion. Good fun, I really enjoyed it. One thing about CoD games, you can play different games with the same engine and it still feels the same :D

Wij

I am a FH squatter
There were hardly any games online last time I tried 5. Got my max level and not touched it since.

Still can't find any supermarket deals for blops pc. Looks like I'll have to hit my wallet with a Steam purchase :/

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Mine was downloaded last week, so I'm ready for the off tomorrow :D

This weekend I found a couple of cod5 S-D servers that had 20 + people on, so happy days !

Debaser

One of Freddy's beloved
Pre-ordered from Play, I ordered 15 packs of Maoams with the saving.

How many packs of Maoams will you be eating today!???

gohan

FH is my second home
d/led mine from steam and it won't even launch

no error messages jsut no game

preparing to launch call of duty black ops ......

then box disapeers and fa happens

EPIC

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Mine says I have a lot of fragmented files and its defragging for me.

gohan

FH is my second home
ye mine said that

i finaly got it installed (have to try play single player first to get the right files but steams doesnt mention this) then multiplayer still wouldn't work as had a corrupt file and can't reinstall as its throught steam

so i found the file and deleted it xD but the game is so laggy been on like 8 servers all just retardedly laggy

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Almost every PC owner is fucked at the minute. Restart Steam a few times and the game will launch. It will be choppy as fuck though. Even on menus, so it's not a PC spec issue. Setting game to 800x600 and lowest settings does not fix it. It's a CPU issue and it looks like it's Steam causing it not Black Ops itself.

Valve have totally fucked this up. Also didn't help that the countdown to unlock had it that the game would unlock at midnight and then at midnight it changed to 7am. False advertising fail.

gohan

FH is my second home
Almost every PC owner is fucked at the minute. Restart Steam a few times and the game will launch. It will be choppy as fuck though. Even on menus, so it's not a PC spec issue. Setting game to 800x600 and lowest settings does not fix it. It's a CPU issue and it looks like it's Steam causing it not Black Ops itself.

Valve have totally fucked this up. Also didn't help that the countdown to unlock had it that the game would unlock at midnight and then at midnight it changed to 7am. False advertising fail.

midnight USA

Wij

I am a FH squatter
depends what timezone but that wasn't it. At 10pm on Sunday night Steam said the game would unlock in 1 day 2 hours.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I've played the single player a bit and it seems less laggy than the MP, though still not ideal. There dont seem to be a console in SP though so I cant check fps.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
No silly, wait for a day until problems are fixed ...

How many pc games come out like this? Loads. And what option is there? Play on xbox??

I suspected initially that my pc might be getting old, but it plays MoH fine which is a newer engine than this, and when you start reading people with i7's and dual gtx260s are getting exactly the same problem too.

I put the fps command into the config for SP game, played that, and the fps is down to 20 in places. It's a problem that will be fixed shortly one hopes :)

leviathane

Part of the furniture
well i won't be getting it for awhile anyway, i refuse to pay so much money for a game.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
By the way, I unchecked Steam cloud and tried SP again, it made no difference. When I came out of game both my CPUs were banging against the red line, its definately a game problem rather than a pc problem, no doubt a patch will come out to sort it (hopes) :)

gohan

FH is my second home
they couldn't organise a piss up in a brewery

fucking shambles

even if you get over the horrific lag issues, you can't play with your friends

you can't join a friend through steam
you can't join a friend throught the ingame friends system
invites don't work so you can't invite a friend to join you
you can't type in a server IP anywhere to manualy join the server
favriots don't save so you can't join a server that way
recent servers don't save so you can't join a server that way
even leaving all the filters completely off and leaving in 40 mins to go through every server is still only displayed 3100 out of 6500
and when you put it in alphabetical order IT's NOT EVEN ALPHA FUCKING BETICAL

can't even paly the fucking single play cos half the files i downloaded through steam after paying them £40 for the pleasure are fucking corrupt.......

proper waste of time

WPKenny

Resident Freddy
Bunch of arse. Pre-ordered, came home, battled with the installer that wanted to spend 5hrs downloading from steam despite the fact I started the installer from the damn disk.

Eventually got it installed from disk after jumping through hoops only to have to wait another 20 mins for it to patch or download something or other.

Then I get into the game to find it stutters for a second or so every few seconds rendering it utterly unplayable.

I've tried numberous "fixes" on various forums but nothing works.

CODBLOPS FAIL.

Yaka

Part of the furniture
playing fine ere sp is m
preety fun if unspectacular

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Fucking horrible reallly. MP or SP, fps down to 20 in places. Unplayable. I'll come back to it tomorrow or the day after :)

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Interesting post from Steam forums:

I ran comparison tests with Black Ops vs Modern Warfare 2.

The stupidity is apparent immediately

MW2: 1080p, high textures, medium effects detail, 2x AA, 45FPS

Dual Core CPU 75-90% usage
System RAM 1 gig allocated during play
ATI GPU 100% usage, 65 degrees C
VRAM 100% usage

Black Ops: changing settings has little to no effect on performance, 15-25 fps, sudden stuttering of 1 FPS even in menus.

Dual core CPU 100% at all times, even during menus or when the game is paused.
System RAM 300 megs allocated during play
ATI GPU 8-15% usage, 45 degrees C
VRAM 0% usage

This is the software behavior you would see on console hardware.

I wouldn't expect a quick fix if the game's resource usage is this bad :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom