COD4 PC n00b

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Mate gave me his copy as he's not bothered. Just played the first few levels of the single player game and I have to ask: What's the fuss??

It's quite pretty but after spending the last couple of weeks hammering Fallout 3 I'm just gagging for a bit of freedom.

Very consoley. Honestly, is it worth persevering?

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It is *very* linear but that's not necessarily a bad thing. It is quite a good laugh but I hear most people rant about how great the multiplayer is.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Maybe I've just gone off linear gaming. The last linear game I played was Unreal 3 (I think, can't quite remember 'cause it was shit) and have been used to playing MMO's, RPG's or fast online shooters.

I guess it feels like it was designed for the xbox :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
It does, but that's not inherently a bad thing. Keep at it, there are some great set-pieces in it later on and it's not the longest game ever.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Maybe I've just gone off linear gaming. The last linear game I played was Unreal 3 (I think, can't quite remember 'cause it was shit) and have been used to playing MMO's, RPG's or fast online shooters.

I guess it feels like it was designed for the xbox :(

Well COD has never been a Sandbox style shooter so what's the problem?

The 360 didn't force them not to make it a sandbox shooter the game has been linear since it's creation

The graphics on the PC are much better then the Xbox so i can't really see what your getting at.

The singleplayer is fantastic and the setpeices have to be played to be believed, C130 gunship mission is one of the best missions in any shooter ever.

Your loss ;/

nath

Fledgling Freddie
The fanboys are coming, run for the hills!

mooSe_

FH is my second home
I've never been a fan of any CoD game, the multiplayer is amusing for a while, but I much prefer CSS for a 'realistic' shooter.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
He used inverted commas to demonstrate he didnt actually think they were realistic, you pair of twats.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH
C130 gunship mission is one of the best missions in any shooter ever.

Really? I thought it was tedious in the extreme.

Also found quite a few levels where I died the first time through simply cos I didn't know where enemies were going to spawn. Ferris wheel anyone?

Multi is ok ... if you like grenades

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I liked the single player game a lot first time round, bit boring after that. The sniper level especially, very good. The multi player is guff due to tiny little maps.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I liked the single player game a lot first time round, bit boring after that. The sniper level especially, very good. The multi player is guff due to tiny little maps.

People lobbing nades to the other side of the map when the game starts gets rather ridiculous indeed.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Really? I thought it was tedious in the extreme.

Also found quite a few levels where I died the first time through simply cos I didn't know where enemies were going to spawn. Ferris wheel anyone?

Multi is ok ... if you like grenades

your one of the few people I know to not like COD4 so whatever you say it seems your one of those people to hate something a majority of people like just so you can be different.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
your one of the few people I know to not like COD4 so whatever you say it seems your one of those people to hate something a majority of people like just so you can be different.

Fanboy logic, ladies and gentlemen. It bears no resemblance to our common earth logic.

Rulke

Can't get enough of FH

The "tedious" remark was referring to the Gunship mission, I enjoyed the game overall

PLightstar

Part of the furniture
I enjoyed the single player, wasn't a fan of the MP the unlocks and perks didn't do anything for me. Not a fan of COD's move to modern shooting, prefer the WW2 setting, always been more fun for me.

Played Special ops round my mates house and was impressed, kinda like the Ghost Recon co-op but a lot quicker.

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
cod and cod:uo were the best its gone down hill since then

Bad multiplayer compared to the likes of Bad company

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Well, I dunno about that.

I've played all them games too, but since finally giving up CSS a month ago or so, I find it's CoD4 I keep coming back too ...

nath

Fledgling Freddie
And for over the age of 57 it's CS:S.

:D

*runs*.

*Realises there's no need to be so quick, so ponderously ambles off*

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I like CoD4, if anyone wants a game I usually play on OTLWS s-d server :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom