Cm plers go to hell

E

Etherion

This totally destroys the game soo much. I lvled my eld to 50 in grps from everywhere across hibernia and it was fun, having to pb and being albe to blame the tanks if the casters died. Then I found it rather lonely soloing my ranger to 50 soloing. Being the only person standing shooting somethings for hours was kinda boring, but the feeling that you would get something in return would be great. And it is, except for the overpowered sbs, and stealth zergs who like to gank soloers like me. Then, I decided my eld died bit too much for my liking in rvr, and I roled a champ. It maybe gimped, and maybe not. But HOLY GOD. It is harder to get a grp that gets any xp than getting into fins. My champ is now at lvl 40 and NO grps to join. I run about in cm, but all I see is a chanter with a few greens greys pullng and pulling. I have no choice but to ask them if they have space for me. Guess what, theya ll say NO. I believe I speak for all the tanks and stealthers out there that can not get grps anymore. Sometimes I really want to bring my eld and pb any enchanters pulls, because they suck soooo much. Do they not know it is a primary place to xp? Go to do ur pl in formor or some place. Why can't you lvl your characters as everyone else do, but have to ruin the game for us????

I will write to mythic to ask them to remove focus shield from mana line and put it in another line, or even remove it completely, because I feel that it destroys the game for others who do not wish to go strong afk or not being able to find a grp as a tank.

L

llixeraxu

And with that.. those worms contained withing this oh so fagile can.. was opend.

E

Event

This is a never ending debate my friend =)

G

gotcha-pointing

Originally posted by Etherion
I will write to mythic to ask them to remove focus shield from mana line and put it in another line

this will be changed from mana line to enchantments line in 1.63

S

Spamb0t

how about U go somewhere else to exp? why should the PL'ers move if they were there first?

T

treigzak

I really have to agree with Etherion on this.. tired of all theese damn leechers and high lvl ppl asking to join if they can bring their lvl 8 alts in. Go pl you own alts some other place! CM is overcrowded as it is allready.

Or even better.. dont PL your alts!

O

old.Xanthian

After leveling 4 level 50's, I Wouldnt fancy doint it again.
CM is good xp for a leech, and its quite easy for someone with 2 accounts to do.
If YOU dont like it, go somewhere else.

T

tomee

The point he is saying like im finding is everyone goes to CM for grps. But there are never any spots due to PL's.

Tanks do not seem needed in XP grps unlike the old days when they were needed to keep agro. I am in the same boat, ive tried Innis its dead I can hardly get any gps. CM is where everyone goes. So i go CM Pm peeps get a full grp go to bottom its full of Power levelers. I then say to grp fancy going EZ, then there is always some that say naah i came CM as not on and bye time we get to innis theyy willl be logging.

PL's take the spots so time peeps get to bottom with full grp they cant xp;-(

Im trying to pm peeps for innis so if you keep yourself flagged folks ill PM u in game for an old style xp grp in EZ

L

liquidnitrogen

Totally Agree mate im in the same Situation.

Level 41 Champ LFG - only way i can exp at the moment if my guild is power leveling noobs down there then i get a slice of the pie.

I would go down to innis and look for groups but its dead there.

I think to fix it change focus out of mana line ASAP.

There is no team work in Hibernia any more and i am considering a move to the dark side(Midgard). Tanks are a wasted class - i was in a powerleveling group yesterday and i said a tank is wasted and half hte people asked wat a tank was. I replied giving the best explanation i could - they laughed and said why would you want to be one of those any way.

Bah people now a days!

champ4tehwin.

E

envenom

if u cant beat em join em bud its the same in MID atm lvl 50 spiritmasters in groups plin there savages lol make an enchanter and do the same

E

elerand

Originally posted by liquidnitrogen
Totally Agree mate im in the same Situation.

Level 41 Champ LFG - only way i can exp at the moment if my guild is power leveling noobs down there then i get a slice of the pie.

I would go down to innis and look for groups but its dead there.

I think to fix it change focus out of mana line ASAP.

There is no team work in Hibernia any more and i am considering a move to the dark side(Midgard). Tanks are a wasted class - i was in a powerleveling group yesterday and i said a tank is wasted and half hte people asked wat a tank was. I replied giving the best explanation i could - they laughed and said why would you want to be one of those any way.

Bah people now a days!

champ4tehwin.

Lol at people being so sarcastic when for the most part the most experienced casters in the game admit being a mage in DAOC is an often futile experience in rvr :D

I do agree that rvr mana chanters lose nothing by having focus shield taken out of the mana line, then for pve focus pulling you would need a enchantment specced chanter and a mana one ;)
Enchantments will have some new pet buffs too.

Interestingly I found this on the camelot herald grab bag:

Q: Are people allowed to take over the hunting spot I've camped for the last crazy number of hours?

A: Yes. Technically, there are no "camps" that people can own. If someone tries to grab a monster you've already engaged, or tries to leech experience off a monster you're already fighting, then that would be an honor in combat violation. If you are unable to resolve **that** particular issue, you can appeal it as a harassment problem. But if another player grabs a spawn from "your" area, there's nothing we can do. Nobody "owns" a room in a massively multiplayer game. If you can make agreements with your fellow players, that's great – but we can't enforce those agreements for you. And even if someone is behaving in a manner that upsets you, you cannot break our honor in combat rules in retaliation.

Sort of hope this doesn't catch on though if people get that pissed over mob spawns, not sure what goa's stance on this is either.

At any rate it's a shame that the idea if YOU don't like it YOU should go elsewhere, guess we could all go elsewhere on that basis really but it is much better to be amiable over such matters.

I say move focus shield from mana line to cut the number of active chanters easily powerlevelling, it'll give rise to enchantment specced power level bots more than likely but that's the nature of the beast :D

C

cutri

Liquid, it may have been my group that you were in, it started at as a cash farming group but soon got filled up with people who needed xp, tbh its the first time i have done it in CM.

I very rarely say no to anybody who wants to join for the xp if i am cash farming (which i need to do atm for my shades MP stuff).

As for the remark about tanks, it was a joke made by people who have played together alot and have tanks. It was not aimed at anyone in particular and was not meant to be detrimental to any class. If you took offense I apologise on behalf of my guild mate.

I have every sympathy for tanks in the current situation it does suck, and if they move/remove focus I personally would not have a problem with it, it is the most boring way to farm/xp but unfortunately is the most productive.

P.S. If you look at my sig you will see that I have 2 x 50's that would not be required in either the new or old xp groups, most of their levels were solo'd.

E

Event

My hero is lvl44 - anyone going innis pm sensual :) I would leap at the chance for some "old style" xp fun

C

Ceap

thinking of setting up an permanent - exp grp or something... my ranger is 38 and there are no groups anywhere (yeah i know, im a ranger... )

can't wait to see focus on the ench spec tbh, where it out to be

T

tomee

Im on tonight at 8 oclock so i might try and arrange a warshades grp.

At mo i think ive got myself lvl 40 NS a lvl 46 bard lvl 46 NS and poss a lvl 46 druid so ill PM you guys later for tonight.

If i can get on RL depending.

L

liquidnitrogen

Originally posted by cutri
Liquid, it may have been my group that you were in, it started at as a cash farming group but soon got filled up with people who needed xp, tbh its the first time i have done it in CM.

As for the remark about tanks, it was a joke made by people who have played together alot and have tanks. It was not aimed at anyone in particular and was not meant to be detrimental to any class. If you took offense I apologise on behalf of my guild mate.

It was your group matey - thanks i realy aprricated it :)

I didnt take any offence to it and i didnt see the joke >_<

I am in just some other way of getting exp apart from PLing groups in CM pit - ah well.

I should be content with gettin groups and exp this way as it doesnt require me to do much/anything.

O

old.chipper

i dont mind focus pulling in the sense that it gets our players to lvl 50 which we really need. But its impossible to get a grp these days all ppl want to do is focus pull, now i like been in a focus pull grp as much as the next guy but when im solo and looking for grp well i aint had one yet tbh, probably cos im a shade but every grp you see atm is a focus pull grp hell i even see em doin it at the blackthorns at lvl 8 :/ if anyone wants a normal xp grp im available with a 46 shade dyin to get to 50

moral of the story if you havin probs gettin a grp just pm ppl theres plenty in the same boat and im sure its easy enough to form the grp just cos you cant get in a focus pull grp dont mean you cant xp a normal grp is alot more fun and involving for all and a decent grp does not need 2 chanters drud bard warden 3 tanks amazingly many other combinations work just fine for pve ;)

N

-Nuked-

in my experience CM xp sucks anyway lol! loads of better places in SI .. it does come down to whoeva gets there first can do as they wish!

S

Simmern

Re: Re: Cm plers go to hell

Originally posted by gotcha-pointing

Wrong :)

A

Athralmall

Originally posted by -Nuked-
in my experience CM xp sucks anyway lol! loads of better places in SI .. it does come down to whoeva gets there first can do as they wish!

It sucks when you get past ~40ish upwards, couldn't believe when I was xping my bard I'd get offers to join pet-pull teams when I was 45+. Had to politely turn them down and explain I like seeing my xp bar move :p

So we went to Knights in EZ i think, most fun and great xp :clap:

E

Etherion

OK, something I missed out before. for a grp that gives normal xp, you need some pb, some tanks and definetly some healers. The problem now is those healers and pbs are with the plers since they are the onewho gets in. All we are left are lots of tanks and shades who run around without grps. So are we supposed to form a 8tank grp? Comon guys, this is not about we were here first thing anymore. Its the moral of rejecting tanks and fucking the game up for soo many people.

E

Ensceptifica

It is a shame the mana chanter + druid duos are dominating xp areas, but lighten up man! There's plenty of xp spots, plenty of people to xp with, and plenty combinations of classes / people (you don't necessarily need 8 people in a group) for some xp'ing. Personally I still try to make standard 8-person xp groups with my 47 eld, and you know what? It's hard finding tanks. Rangers and nightshades, some champions, but hardly any bm's or heroes atm.

B

blem

Re: Re: Cm plers go to hell

Originally posted by gotcha-pointing
Sim^ is right (NERF), there is nothing in patch notes about it. But in 1.62 chanters get new pet buffs in enchantments, heal proc buff being one of em, making enchantment more useful for pet pulling.

S

Sichama

Ranger's and Nighshades, you are not in the same boat with Tanks.
Tanks really have an issue, they where the ones needed in groups dictating who could join or not the group.
Us? well i see Rangers and Nightshades in groups, something that did not happen before, why? because the focus groups don't care who is in, as long as they have the classes they need.
This allways leaves some spots free, so sit there, with their grey con alt, and be gratefull for the non solo xp you get because in groups thats the only way you will get em.
Don't back up Tanks with their cries because if things would be changed as they were, they would not accept you in the group, and in some occasions, depending from the other people in the group, they would even have you kicked out so they would take your place, this has happened to me more than enough times despite the fact i would perform better or equall to most of them, even today that they can't have ideal full groups and have recognized some usefullness in shades Rangers are still ignored as non existant.
I see bad and good things with focus pulls, and i feel for anyone that can't get a group, i dont give two dimmes though for those that can't adapt and whine, if i managed than anyone can, and today with SI its even easier, i know because i had my 45 to 50 levels earned there the old fashioned way, solo, well not exactly solo as i was buffed and had a druid bot with me but in the "I am alone" sence, grabing some bubles from Abomos, and Galla raids and help from a few good friends.
Why? because hell Tanks still don't want me in the fewer but still alot "old fashioned" xp groups.
My advise to all those people that can't find groups is the same i have beeing hearing from almost the start of my carrier "Start your own group", but i will also add, make good friends because in the end thats the only thing that counts and good friends will help you as much as they can.

Ussually if i have nothing good to say i say nothing, but this i had to take off my back as its a feeling building up for over a year now.

S

Simmern

There is more stealthers in focus groups than tanks.
Might be because ppl(stealthers) got tired of leveling the "old-fashion"(cus of being ignored/getting told the group needed tanks) way and rolled chanters they could PL with?

S

squalion

tbh cm plers do piss me off from time to time, i go down there to farm, WeeWeres Camped, Phantom Miners Camped, Abys Camped, Room behind Abys camped, 2nd WeeWere spot, camped, Lodes camped, all by Pl'ers, so nothing i can do, so i just leave, what a wasted trip :(

PL + Focus shield is getting worse, ive seen lowbie chanters focus pulling Parths now, ffs, its getting way outta hand, remove focus shield imo :eek:

bring back the old xp way imo

B

blem

imo dont remove focus shield, it is nice for farming, what could help is changing the amount of xp pet takes when using focus shield.

could even make the focus shield only change xp on rest of group (so chanters still could solo/pl them self with it).

H

horank

mmmm focus shit is a trap of mytic for pay a second accout?
It make ppl greedy.Players blame and flame on other ppl for a spot.Focus bring problems for find and make normal xp groups. And then the go for a second account and lvl alts(in a focus group) on there own whit bit other healers.And in that time you pl realm spys to 50 grats:p.And your old good hibernia members let them yell lfg .Becours the play whit a tank alt and the steal your xp.
mmm sry but daoc go in a bad dir.

horank

O

old.Xanthian

There are MANY more places you can exp other than CM.
After 40 CM pit xp is shite anyway, try making a BoC/Banshee group or even Fairy group, u can chain pull them and get some semi decent stuff.

X

xcpt

nooooo way man if they change focus shield to enchanments line :( it will be same as midgard spiritmasters :O

Users who are viewing this thread