Cluster Fail? See latest cluster news...

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Take a look at latest post on war-europe about clustering.

Just moved to Hirn from Orrud, now we are an origin server again.

FAIL.

10 servers into 4.

oh dear.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Question: What's going to kill the "great community" on Karak Hirn?

Answer: Telling people they've got to move.

Honestly, GOA, why?

Hirn's bustling at the moment. If you reckon we're going to suffer from people leaving, then why not give people additional incentives to stay, rather than telling them everything's doom and gloom and they should move?

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
what he said

huge pile of cack

if were going to be playing musical servers its going to get beyond a joke

and what kind of pop do we need ?

Hirn hasnt been exactly quiet recently.. or are were really after EVEN MORE PEOPLE in T4 who cant get into fortress takes etc ?

:twak:

mooSe_

FH is my second home
Meh my friend had already re-rolled from Hirn to Azgal on order for some reason, so I guess I'll join him now.
The only difference I notice from K8P to Hirn is that scenarios come up more often on 8p.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Hirn's a perfectly good server, with only 3 destination servers left you pretty much guarantee you're splitting guilds/alliances.

This is abysmal GOA. Fix. Now.

civy

One of Freddy's beloved
Did a keep take on Hirn tonight and 4 seconds of lag becuase of numbers. 2 other zones flagged as having combat in them also. And they want us to move onto a more populated server?

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
What the fuck? I've already been made to move servers once - and lost one of my favourite fucking character names in the process - and I'm not moving again.

Jaberwocky

Loyal Freddie
Hirn is dieing and has been for a while now, though mostly on Destruction population wise.

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
Hirn is dieing and has been for a while now, though mostly on Destruction population wise.

I'm guessing that's largely the result of the Order XP/RP bonus that was applied a while back. Went on for too long tbh.

But regardless - I'm in the same boat as Svart. Transferred from Orrud (which is still live, btw) to Hirn. Lost some char names then. Now it looks like we're being forced to migrate again, and having checked and grabbed as many of my toon names on the destination servers as possible, my main character names on most destination servers are already gone.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
I'm just flat out not moving Euro servers again, I'm not prepared to put up with losing MORE character names.

As Flim said - FIX THIS, GOA!

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
As stated by previous posters already moved a whole guild once and don't care to do it again when the server is busy, we get a good rate of scenarios and t4 orvr is active.

Paid out a small fortune for collectors edition to guarantee character names already lost out on most of those benefits in the first move - not prepared to do so again.

Mabs

what i do find laughable, is the talk of "community"

really, i keep meeting people who have fled from K8P due to the cock ends on their driving people away with their exclusive attitude*

K8P was offered as an exit rather than a target in a recent move, why the hell are they now a target ?

someone at GOA plays on there i take it ?

* this sort of shit

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Meh,

Flicking about servers to register my names, I see the three destination servers are Med/Med, while Hirn is Low/Low.

It has been a bit quiet of late - but that's partly the pre-patch blues.

It's possible it could have soon become essential to have this transfer but it just seems way too premature to me atm.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
Was packed RvR in Praag tonight, too, so any talk of population issues on Hirn is just bollocks tbh.

BigE

One of Freddy's beloved
Suspect this might cause a lot of people to transfer games...

Poag

m00?
Was packed RvR in Praag tonight, too, so any talk of population issues on Hirn is just bollocks tbh.

Maybe Svart, but I can tell you that having some through the lower tiers to t3 in the last couple of weeks, there is a huge number of order incoming to t4...and not alot of destro :s

GOA might be looking at the imbalence thats incoming rather than how it is currently :s

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
Meh,

Flicking about servers to register my names, I see the three destination servers are Med/Med, while Hirn is Low/Low.

It has been a bit quiet of late - but that's partly the pre-patch blues.

It's possible it could have soon become essential to have this transfer but it just seems way too premature to me atm.
That may have been the case when you did it mate but when I did the same thing earlier in the evening Hirn was Med/Med also. I'm betting by the time you looked everyone else on Hirn was either name-bagging or just quit for the night in disgust.

rynnor

Rockhound
Origins servers are the suggested servers for one language right?

Any ideas which language that would be on Karak Hirn?

Case

Fledgling Freddie
Persoanlly am sick of the mess Mythic have made of what could have been and should have been the next big thing. If you are going to have 2 sides the classes need to balance properly or we end up in this situation on Hirn.

Not sure what else to say the 20% bonus to order killed Hirn, like I said in a previous post destruction cannot compete with the numbers or numbers of 40's, not to mention far superior classes.

We will have to move from hirn enough people will move to ensure the server dies so we're back to square one again.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
I doubt we will see any input on this thread from a community manager.

Hirn was Med/Med last night but whether it will stay like that is the question, what GOA really needed to do was decrease the options available to people moving servers. Why give people moving from a dying sever 3-4 choices, get them all on another low low server to make it work. There has clearly been no though process put into these moves at all.

We have had a couple incoming transfers from other servers and I really feel for those guilds. You are effectively ripping out any desire people have to log onto this game.

The fact that Hirn has terrible lag during big keep takes along with terribly slow fort takes does not really make people feel comfortable about joining a server with a higher population.

Finally you are asking a very good community to join servers with a community full of knobjockies.

Svartmetall

Great Unclean One
GOA might be looking at the imbalence thats incoming rather than how it is currently :s

What, you mean the imbalance they caused by giving Order huge bonuses that Destruction didn't get?

Grotnob

Fledgling Freddie
What, you mean the imbalance they caused by giving Order huge bonuses that Destruction didn't get?

That'd be the one, Svart.

But bear in mind that we can't see the figures, meaning our flawed opinions are merely based on how things seem in-game. For instance, it may have looked like mass PvP in Praag last night, but it wasn't.

It was three people running around with some cardboard cut-outs, seen by Morrslieb-light reflected from a weather balloon.

GReaper

Part of the furniture
This really is quite bad for the confidence of the game. It sends a message to players that the number of users isn't increasing and is only decreasing.

Was it a bit premature to do this though? Some people may prefer a server which is a bit quiet but still has a good community, think of Prydwen as an example.

Gahn

Resident Freddy
what i do find laughable, is the talk of "community"

really, i keep meeting people who have fled from K8P due to the cock ends on their driving people away with their exclusive attitude*

K8P was offered as an exit rather than a target in a recent move, why the hell are they now a target ?

someone at GOA plays on there i take it ?

* this sort of shit

You clearly know nothing about KP8, 6vs6 is pretty impossible, there are zergs everywhere and i guess you should just talk about yer cocks if you love em so much, so pls stfu.

Mabs

You clearly know nothing about KP8, 6vs6 is pretty impossible, there are zergs everywhere and i guess you should just talk about yer cocks if you love em so much, so pls stfu.

gahn, fhanks for proving my point

oh look were so much better than you all laa dee daa

i was expecting this kind of reaction from one of you lot, and it has rather proved the point i was trying to make, so cheers :D

i could give a fuck if it works or not, the will and want is there

and i know your involved in it so i could care what you think .

/edit
oh and you were a known cross realm organiser in daoc, so where the fuck do you think you get the right to comment on any sort of server wide community little mr in-it-for-your-own-epeen-with-your-sad-mIRC-mates ?

Nate

FH is my second home
I don't see why you linked my schedule, no one uses it anyway so it kind of proves the point that there aren't that many "cocks" as you call them on K8P. All I see from you right now is trolling. Just because a few people want to get together and have some balanced, rewarding and challenging fights doesn't mean they are instantly going to become "cocks." I've played other games with you Mabs and you seemed to be an alright bloke but your attitude towards this playstyle is tainted so much it's silly.

Mabs

I don't see why you linked my schedule, no one uses it anyway so it kind of proves the point that there aren't that many "cocks" as you call them on K8P. All I see from you right now is trolling. Just because a few people want to get together and have some balanced, rewarding and challenging fights doesn't mean they are instantly going to become "cocks." I've played other games with you Mabs and you seemed to be an alright bloke but your attitude towards this playstyle is tainted so much it's silly.

its not how it was designed
it contributed to people quitting DAOC and WAR due to elitism
it generated the whole "ZOMG SOLOING" "FFS DONT ADD" attitude which is a load of cock in a MASSIVELY MULTIPLAYER game

its EXCLUSIVE not INCLUSIVE in what is meant to be a COMMUNITY based game

Nate

FH is my second home
Which I personally haven't seen so far in WAR.

How was it designed exactly? The game has groups of 6, open rvr areas for skirmishing and players who want to be competitive. If players want to be competitive in their own way, the sandbox design of do-what-you-want-in-here in oRvR areas in WAR can facilitate all types of playstyle. A player can go out solo and want to play that way, he may not find what he's looking for but thats the way it is, another few players could decide they want to go out as 4 in a group again they may not find what they're looking for, and so on and so on.

Mabs

Which I personally haven't seen so far in WAR.

How was it designed exactly? The game has groups of 6, open rvr areas for skirmishing and players who want to be competitive. If players want to be competitive in their own way, the sandbox design of do-what-you-want-in-here in oRvR areas in WAR can facilitate all types of playstyle.

i dont mind "oh lets go to X and fight someone or something"

i really DO mind "FFS get out of this -zone- if you arent soloing" and so forth

you want to do it, fine, but dont you fucking dare tell other people to stop MMOing so you can play counterstrike with GCD. *

* you isnt you , its people in general, obv :p

Tetley

Fledgling Freddie
I hope that once this move happens we don't get back to the old DAOC in-fighting between guilds that believe in "red=dead" (like CLA) and guilds that want duels and 'fair fights'. This is a different game and a different setup.

We can all see how badly it has been handled, and we all now can see it is only going to get worse. We may be only 6 months into the main game but we can already see that it isn't going to last in Europe for more than a couple of years, except as a minority game.

I waited for this game for years and wanted to play it for a very long time to come, but it is looking unlikely now. I hope I am proved wrong by Mythic and GOA, but this sort of treatment from GOA and the reactions of some players (bite each other and not the real people to blame) really depress me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom