Photography 'Classic' Shots.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Are you setting a dissertation question? :D I have no short answer for that, and I'll be damned if I'm giving it the correct amount of time to answer it :D

FuzzyLogic

Kicking squealing Gucci little piggy
What you're seeing there is a classic shot; one that has been replicated millions of time the world over on T-shirts & posters and became a symbol for thousands of unwashed students who can't quite be arsed to go get a real job, of a man who stood in a great steaming pile of pig shit. The expression you see there isn't that of a revolutionary striking a pose for the camera, it's that of someone who is contemplating in silent fear his next move, afraid to look down, as he derps across whatever cavernous faeces littered walkway he's currently strolling across.

It's all in the eyes and mouth you see.

That said, here's a photo of the good old days before health and safety rules spoiled all our fun:
lunch_atop_a_skycraper.jpg

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
did you know the star on Che's hat was retouched in later?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
khe sanh.jpg
Khe Sanh
Stalins-head.jpeg
Hungary, 1956
prague spring.jpg
Prague Spring, 1968
FALKLANDS_THIRTY_00.jpg
For me, the iconic image of the Falklands War, "yomping".

JingleBells

FH is my second home
This one is spoilered as it's a pretty gruesome picture, but I shall post the quote by the photographer who took it, Ken Jarecke:
If I don't make pictures like this, people like my mother will think what they see in war is what they see in movies.
The BBC have an interesting interview with Jarecke on how it was pretty much never shown in the states but was in the UK.
1.jpg
It may not be that well known but it's a pretty powerful image of war to me

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It's very well known actually Jingle, we studied that at Secondary School once.

wolfeeh

One of Freddy's beloved
The photographer who took this couldn't live with himself getting famous, awards and glory because he left that child there to likely die. ( By that I mean he committed suicide )

I can see why he did but at the same time I think that in itself was.... "wrong" for want of a better word. Sometimes you just have to witness something and go on to tell the tale. maybe he should have done something to help the kid, but in my book just taking the photo and... "documenting" the issue is enough to have made a difference.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Gwadien said:
I love this, Although I hate religion and the shit it brings, this photo is amazing.

I don't know that one. Looks like some poor camera phone shot at a demonstration...

Not really classic to me as it looks like thousands of others

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I don't know that one. Looks like some poor camera phone shot at a demonstration...

Not really classic to me as it looks like thousands of others

It's what it's representing, I should've said, sorry..

It's in Egypt when they were protesting, the fellas holding hands are Egyptian Christians, and the fellas praying in the middle are Muslims - Christians protecting Muslims from the Government Forces whilst they pray..

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Humans being human to fellow humans. Who'd have thought.

Gwadien

Humans being human to fellow humans. Who'd have thought.
Thanks for pointing out the point I was making, in a sarcastic manner, it's really great.

Gwadien

Your punctuation is awful.
Here;
images

If my punctuation offends you, don't read what I post, then it won't offend you, I won't get upset, besides, thought I was supposed to be on ignore?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Glad to see the quality of discussion on this thread is to our usual high standards. We rule.

Gwadien

It's the point that he said I was on ignore, for being a troll...

Now he's trolling me.

Priceless.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
I took you off ignore so I could browse this thread. Now you are going back on because you are still a dick.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
I wasn't trolling anyone, I was referring to the image posted that generally it is seen as "Muslims and Christians being pals", but it's a much simpler situation of man treating fellow man as they should be or "faith in humanity restored" if you will. That's why I'm cynical about how the media feel about it. I could be wrong, but I thought I was allowed an opinion on this thread?

Re ignore, Forumrunner on the iPhone does not seem to take into account your ignore settings which unfortunately means I've responded to a post with rather petulant consequences.

Gwadien

I wasn't trolling anyone, I was referring to the image posted that generally it is seen as "Muslims and Christians being pals", but it's a much simpler situation of man treating fellow man as they should be or "faith in humanity restored" if you will. That's why I'm cynical about how the media feel about it. I could be wrong, but I thought I was allowed an opinion on this thread?

Ah, the post looked like you were having a dig at me, wouldn't be unusual...

Apologies.

Clown

Part of the furniture
Just because you like the meaning of a picture, doesn't make it a classic. There are lots of pictures I like. Hardly classics.

:tree: :socialdivide:

Gwadien

It was a hedge, you tard, that's what the photo was. jheeze.

Besides, its MY thread, therefore MY rules! ;)

Modern photos are fine, if you think they're going to be classics in the future, that is what is important, in 70 years time, and they discuss the Arab Risings, it shows humanity in unity regardless of their faiths, but in their fight for freedom, and it highlights the importance of that fight.

Gwadien

You're a dick.
I love it how your opinion of me was already established before you knew me, simply because of ch3ts opinion of me, shows your characteristics.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
My thread MY rules does not work on FH. The only person who can claim rules on this forum is Deebs, if you don't like the fact that people can post what they want within the CoC, then don't make threads.

That said; can someone post some classic images? Also, anyone with an ipad should get the guardian eye witness app. Stunning stuff.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I love it how your opinion of me was already established before you knew me, simply because of ch3ts opinion of me, shows your characteristics.
Incorrect. My opinion of you is formed solely on the way appear on these forums. How else am I supposed to base my opinion?

On this forum you are an idiot.

Poag

m00?
View attachment 9206
Black Panthers - Olympic Games 1968
Something interesting about this photo. The two guys are wearing different hand gloves, one left one right.

This is because they had left their own ones in the US after they were told not to bring them, and another athlete (i think it was a Dutchman) lent them his black gloves, thus the odd hands.

He lost his medal as a result iirc, or was instructed not to return to the Olympics.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Something interesting about this photo. The two guys are wearing different hand gloves, one left one right.

This is because they had left their own ones in the US after they were told not to bring them, and another athlete (i think it was a Dutchman) lent them his black gloves, thus the odd hands.

He lost his medal as a result iirc, or was instructed not to return to the Olympics.
Yep Peter Norman, he suggested that Smith and Carlos share gloves as one of them forgot his, hence one having the glove on the wrong hand. But i think he really got in trouble for wearing the badge which was for an anti racism organisation and got a ban for it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom