Photography 'Classic' Shots.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
The Soviet one is taken on top of the Reich-stag in Berlin, and just like the Iwo one, they came back and retook the shot (I think they originally reached the roof at night).

Aye, I knew about the Soviet one, and I did the original on Call of Duty WaW! :p

I do Russia 1855-1964 So I've looked at some detail into the propaganda of the USSR especially..

stalin_2095634i.jpg

I love these photos especially.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Yeap, it is. Kind of a meaningful photo for you photomaniacs :D

Now Calaen must feel like a tit for thinking it was a joke :love:

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
Aye, I knew about the Soviet one, and I did the original on Call of Duty WaW! :p

I do Russia 1855-1964 So I've looked at some detail into the propaganda of the USSR especially..

stalin_2095634i.jpg

I love these photos especially.

didn't they edit out loads of "undesireables" by retouching loads of photos?

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Yeah in the early group shots of communist party hot shots, the group became gradually ever smaller with each new re-issue of the photo.
Josef wasn't one to allow even a hint of competition.

Gwadien

Gonna cheat a little bit now, as I can't find the actual image...

I remember seeing a picture of a tree, just a simple tree - post-WW2, on a Japanese occupied Island

I was reading up about Medal of Honors in World War 2, and I found this;

On Saipan in the Marianas Islands, he advanced ahead of his unit with a bazooka and destroyed a Japanese emplacement which was firing on his company. Several days later, he single-handedly attacked and killed two groups of Japanese soldiers. On July 7, Baker's position came under attack by a large Japanese force. Although seriously wounded early in the attack, he refused to be evacuated and continued to fight in the close-range battle until running out of ammunition. When a comrade was wounded while trying to carry him to safety, Baker insisted that he be left behind. At his request, his comrades left him propped against a tree and gave him a pistol, which had eight bullets remaining. When American forces retook the position, they found the pistol, now empty, and eight dead Japanese soldiers around Baker's body.

You'll get a rating if you find the image! :D

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Yeap, it is. Kind of a meaningful photo for you photomaniacs :D

Now Calaen must feel like a tit for thinking it was a joke :love:

Not at all, I clicked funny because his comment genuinely made me giggle. Whether the photograph is the first one or not. I think it's only right to click a funny if I laugh, surely that's why they are there? :p

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
I'm confused about why Wazz dislikes Abbey Road.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
Especially since Paul was dead by this point, clearly indicated subliminally by his 'out of step' position with the rest of them.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
I'm confused about why Wazz dislikes Abbey Road.

I don't think it belongs in this thread. Classic, powerful images that tell a story. Or a bunch of musicians posing for an album cover on a zebra crossing. It doesn't fit.

Gwadien

Tbh, it's a iconic photo, but it doesn't really portray a powerful message, that's the difference :p

As for Pat Butcher, she does give a powerful message, because she's the icon of soaps, and it shows the mass publics stupidity and acceptance of total shit.

Gwadien

enhanced-buzz-wide-6662-1338324599-12.jpg

I love this, Although I hate religion and the shit it brings, this photo is amazing.

Clown

Part of the furniture
I thought this thread was about classic shots.

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Also, you can have modern classics too. Just because something has been shot recently doesn't make it any less valid.

Clown

Part of the furniture
It's not the age of the photo but isn't it meant to be a bit famous?
Famous isn't the word. I can't think of the word right now. I can only think of "classic".

old.user4556

Modern classic?

Young-people-chat-as-the--005.jpg

or The Falling Man:

FallingMan_060829015536020_wideweb__300x430.jpg

Or are they just shocking?

Clown

Part of the furniture
10-iconic-photos.jpg

che.jpg

Would something like this be a modern classic?
Shephard-Fairey-Original-Obama-Poster-Auction.jpg

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Is the portrait of Che a Classic Shot? Or a shot that's gained notoriety due to non-photography reasons and it being one of the few available where he's clearly visible and has posed?

old.user4556

Wazzerphuk said:
Is the portrait of Che a Classic Shot? Or a shot that's gained notoriety due to non-photography reasons and it being one of the few available where he's clearly visible and has posed?

Therefore, what is the difference between 'classic' and 'notorious' and what are the measurements that determine each?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom