Cheating hibbies <sigh>

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Woohoo! Thanks! I didn't notice I had dinged. :D

I am such a stud! :D

T

Trinilim

How do I know they were using radar?

I'm behind a sandbar out of view from anyone on MB or at CK.

I can see all of the hibs are attacking CK (1fgish)

Even the stealthers, the nightshade and 2 archers.

Suddenly, a bard who is running around near the doors stops, turns DIRECTLY at me, an elf sticks to him, and he runs DIRECTLY at me (I am completely hidden from view, the only way I can see them is with zooming out in 3rd person view), runs over the hill, and dds/mezzes me.

Even if a stealther reported me, no way could the bard immediatly know EXACTLY where I am (he didn't turn or anything either, ran in a straight line).

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by ASq.Karnage
Then I ask again. How could he of started heading for me. I strafe out of his way (too close to MTK to fight and live). He turns, heads straight for me again. Stealths. PAs me. I get my ass handed to me on a plate by him and a hunter :p

Perhaps he wasnt alone, you think of that?

Stealthers sometimes roam in groups, if one spots you he can give directions. And yes, some people can type that fast ;)

K

Karnage

I had an OK fight at first (even after he attacked me first), so I don't see why his "friends" he would of been with didn't help, until the mid zerg came down the hill (both on about 20% hp at this point), and even then I didn't see anyone behind me other than a troll zerker running away from the alb zerg :p

And before you say it, yes I can kill other assasins if they get the upper hand on me, on ocassion (especially NS's, so much fun to fight they are :))

S

Silenzio

just to know

why the post is named "Cheating hibbies <sigh>"

n u only talk bout sb n hunter
whos as far as i know come from mid?

u didnt post ur lvl n how that enemy conned to u...

stelth i char lvl based ... so if his higer than u have more chance to see/spot u...

and unless u r in bg1 an a scout... 20+5 stelth is crap

in bg3 they can see u miles away

bb

A

Arafier

Originally posted by Trinilim
I can see all of the hibs are attacking CK (1fgish)

Even the stealthers, the nightshade and 2 archers.

Suddenly, a bard who is running around near the doors stops, turns DIRECTLY at me, an elf sticks to him, and he runs DIRECTLY at me (I am completely hidden from view, the only way I can see them is with zooming out in 3rd person view), runs over the hill, and dds/mezzes me.

Sounds like hibs to me, Silenzio.. remember, Karnage didn't start the post, he just said he had experienced something similar, with in his case, a Mid stealther....

Trinilim (with his BG alt) was got by hibs - and I believe it was in BG1 too...

S

Silenzio

true soz =) kinda sleepy

but... sims Trinilim dont give a... bout this post ehehhe

the other one is posting alot so... so... well im at work n sleepy!

K

Karnage

level 24 infil in BG1. 20+5 'cos was my first infil spec attempt (back in my n00by infil days:p)

F

Faeldawn

Originally posted by ASq.Karnage
level 24 infil in BG1. 20+5 'cos was my first infil spec attempt (back in my n00by infil days:p)

20+5? Stealth above yer lvl is superfluous.

Middle keep guards will never spot you at 19+5.

Pk keep guards will always spot you at close range.

Then again, i fekked up my shade in a similar fashion, giving him 22 CS ;)

S

Silenzio

Originally posted by Faeldawn
20+5? Stealth above yer lvl is superfluous.

Middle keep guards will never spot you at 19+5.

Pk keep guards will always spot you at close range.

hem keep guards? id like to kill player ;P

more stelth is allways welcome
harder to spot by others... faster movement u need to get in range fast .... or get out ov view fast...

well in truth my inf that is in bg atm has autotrained stelth

but i dont kare to be spotted ;P since i can kill them with all the point i saved from stelth thihi

K

Karnage

Originally posted by Faeldawn
20+5? Stealth above yer lvl is superfluous

Yes, it is more than required... BUT

Did you not read what I posted?

I said it was in my n00b infil days.

When Kane made his second visit to the BG, he had 19+5 stealth :)

Oh and middle keep guards do spot you on occasion with 20+5 (very annoying if you're about to 1 shot some damn elph trying to have a rest and just before you PA, some annoying guard comes up and whacks you :p)

B

BlitheringIdiot

Conclusion

So when it comes down to it we have two people accusing different people of using some kind of radar. However there are other explanations (as unlikely as they might be) and they are one-off incidences so hardly solid evidence.

The End

K

Karnage

Please don't give names of cheats out. I'm sure some sad muppets will go and search for it.

T

Trinilim

Originally posted by Silenzio
just to know

why the post is named "Cheating hibbies <sigh>"

n u only talk bout sb n hunter
whos as far as i know come from mid?

u didnt post ur lvl n how that enemy conned to u...

stelth i char lvl based ... so if his higer than u have more chance to see/spot u...

and unless u r in bg1 an a scout... 20+5 stelth is crap

in bg3 they can see u miles away

bb

umm..

I made the thread.. and I didn't say anything about sbs or hunters :p

D

Demolay

They won't be using OE unless they know Linux and their mummies can buy em another PC :/

It all comes down to why people play - to enjoy the game within the boundaries set - or to use enhancements to make up for lack of playing skill.

Take yer pick

D

dracus

A quick question karnage...do u always run in a straight line when in stealth? i know i dont...so most likely he was lucky and stumbled on ya ;)

/Dracus

[edit] cant spell :p

K

Karnage

No, and I was stood still until he headed for me, then I strafed outta the way (too many mids around to live), and he turned, still headed straight for me and attacked me.

F

finbahr

TBH if think post is asking for flames proof ect i agree cheaters should be booted best not to post on here but straight to goa imo ask them to look into it also cheaters have no idea they are being checked up so will carry on cheating and get booted hopefully but ii suppose it ain't as staright forward as that isn't it but ah well that is my 2 coppers worth

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom