Radar users should be shot.

In the kneecap.

With a shotgun.

Loaded with 1 oz. slug bullets.

Covered in iodine.

With a point tip.

With exploding shrapnel parts.

You know who you are,

Creative, Pelirroja, Apprendiz, Fulgencia, Inluhanor, Malihber(I think, something like that).

And yes I was owned.

But I took 4 hibbies with me in the process.

Damn cheats.

C

chuckas

Not sure how you can be sure they used radar....but if it was easy for you, then it will be easy for Goa/mythic to confirm too....so report them if you are sure....if you are not....I'd suggest not saying anything.....

Gillian - 48 Inf
Rabid - 35 Sorc - staying in BG3 as long as possible :)
Wrecker - 19 Reaver (coming to BG1 soon :)

L

Larik-

I've heard of a few people reported for using radar, never heard of someone actually getting banned by GOA for this. I hope you can prove it though, just spoils the game for everyone concerned imo. There are a few cases where Mythic banned people in us though, maybe goa can take something from them and do something about it...
If they were using radar of course ;)

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

How'd ya figure they were usin' Radar?

K

Karnage

Example of people using radar:

Your camping MTK, watching to see where the mids head.

All of a sudden, a SB runs directly for you, stealths just outside of the stealthable range, heads straight for you still, and whacks you.

And this is as an infil with 20+5 stealth

G

greenfingers

erh .. luck?? that's probably my "radar" talking ...

K

Karnage

Its not luck if when you move, they turn and head for you still tho is it? :)

S

StormriderX

there's a lot of sad sad desperate people out there...

B

BlitheringIdiot

That would be impossible.

If they cannot actually see you then their computer doesnt even know you exist. The only information sent to your computer about peoples whereabouts are for those who you could see, so until a stealther is seeable or until they an unstealthed they would not ever appear on any form of radar.

People are just using radar as an excuse for being killed more and more often...

K

Karnage

Then please explain how he could of found me ? :p

B

BlitheringIdiot

You did remember to stealth, right? :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Anyway, how does this radar doodad work? It seems kinda pointless if it is, as Mr. Idiot implied, based on who you can see on screen. :)

Doofus1 : Shit! FG of hibbies just came over the hill!
Doofus2 : Wait, let me just check the radar...Shit! You're right!!
Doofus1 : ~decomposing~

O

old.BJ|Bored

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
That would be impossible.

If they cannot actually see you then their computer doesnt even know you exist. The only information sent to your computer about peoples whereabouts are for those who you could see, so until a stealther is seeable or until they an unstealthed they would not ever appear on any form of radar.

People are just using radar as an excuse for being killed more and more often...

I dont understand this excuse ppl give as when ur stealthed my computer has no idea your there

pls explain how my computer knows i cant stealth as an 'enemy is present' if it has no idea your there.

also if it had no idea i was there it should be impossible for me to be caught in ae dots/messes aimed at ppl near me no ?

B

BlitheringIdiot

Hey dont expect me to understand the mechanics of the game - that was me having a go at explaining it but I do know that radar can't pick up stealthers, Alrindel has said so and that elf knows everything!!

C

Conchabar

Originally posted by ASq.Karnage
Example of people using radar:

Your camping MTK, watching to see where the mids head.

All of a sudden, a SB runs directly for you, stealths just outside of the stealthable range, heads straight for you still, and whacks you.

And this is as an infil with 20+5 stealth

Stealth above your lvl does nothing for u afaik

B

BlitheringIdiot

Hi conch :)

Still it meant he had just as high if not higher stealther than any other stealther in Thid.

Although, if you changed direction karnage, how do you know he turned that was aswell unless you could see him, and therefore he could possibly see you?

K

Karnage

Stealth above your level does nothing against even cons.. It does however help against guards and mobs :)

And yes i was stealthed, i'm not that stupid :)

K

Karnage

Originally posted by BlitheringIdiot
Although, if you changed direction karnage, how do you know he turned that was aswell unless you could see him, and therefore he could possibly see you?

Its called strafing :)

B

BlitheringIdiot

Aha!

Ok I'm gonna stop trying to defend these people now, I'm doing quite a bad job. Either they can come here and defend themselves or be labelled radar users.

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by old.BJ|Bored
I dont understand this excuse ppl give as when ur stealthed my computer has no idea your there

pls explain how my computer knows i cant stealth as an 'enemy is present' if it has no idea your there.

also if it had no idea i was there it should be impossible for me to be caught in ae dots/messes aimed at ppl near me no ?

Radar does NOT pick up stealthers

Your computer doesnt know if you can stealth or not, your computer asks the server if you can stealth or not

as for AoE effects, server tells your computer that you have been hit

when stealthed and not uncoverd, only your computer and the server know where you are.

K

Karnage

Then I ask again. How could he of started heading for me. I strafe out of his way (too close to MTK to fight and live). He turns, heads straight for me again. Stealths. PAs me. I get my ass handed to me on a plate by him and a hunter :p

S

Sibanac

Originally posted by ASq.Karnage
Then I ask again. How could he of started heading for me. I strafe out of his way (too close to MTK to fight and live). He turns, heads straight for me again. Stealths. PAs me. I get my ass handed to me on a plate by him and a hunter :p

luck, the visual flicker a stealther my have when they come in cliping range, sheer dumb luck

I have the discusion boards open on what used to be called odins eye, and the developers themself say you can not see stealthed chars unless they are in transprent mode.
I would post you the link but it will get modded anyway
(No i do not use radar and never will, I did check up on it because i wanted to know what it is cabable of and because the techniqes it uses closely involve stuff i get payed to do)

B

BlitheringIdiot

/em takes notes for any future attempts at defending people

K

Karnage

Originally posted by Sibanac
the visual flicker a stealther my have when they come in cliping range

Doesn't explain the strafing bit

And if you can't explain why I was found with a reasonable excuse ( no way was it luck, came directly for me ), but are intent to use exactly the same story as has already been said. Please go and do some research, 'cos I sure as hell can't find any reason :p

C

Cap'n Sissyfoo

Maybe there was a stealther behind you? Mebbe he was a Jedi Shadowzerker?

Umm...umm...~tries to think of more rational reasons~...

B

BlitheringIdiot

Him being a jedi shadowzerker is a rational reason? :eek:

B

BlitheringIdiot

Gratz on "talks to much" by the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom