FH Changelog Changelog for FreddysHouse forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Will

/bin/su
Right, can you see this link? https://forums.freddyshouse.com/general-115/166560-take-fucking-christmas-decorations-down-ffs.html

If so then the problem is some of the posts are actually not in the database anymore which is what you are seeing when you try to view them.

Will, you do not have permission to access this page. This could be due to one of several reasons:

1. Your user account may not have sufficient privileges to access this page. Are you trying to edit someone else's post, access administrative features or some other privileged system?
2. If you are trying to post, the administrator may have disabled your account, or it may be awaiting activation.

Bah.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Updated first post.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sweet T. Can we change the default forum views on the BW stuff though to show "Beginning" for all of them, for example Technation shows only stuck threads :(

Done.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Change log updated.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Updated first post.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
No, he's just switched web servers, most likely in preparation for the new software migration? You won't notice anything unless you use the IP for anything .....

For once you are correct, I migrated to a 4 core, 4gig ram server (just to run the forums and nothing else) in preparation of the migration. Currently running a test import into the new server to measure the downtime that we will experience. To be fair, once we are on the new system it will be so much better (from my pov).

GimmlyThe3rd

Banned
For once you are correct, I migrated to a 4 core, 4gig ram server (just to run the forums and nothing else) in preparation of the migration. Currently running a test import into the new server to measure the downtime that we will experience. To be fair, once we are on the new system it will be so much better (from my pov).
Overkill much? I've seen a daoc gameserver inc web server with 400 players run on half of that :p

Why don't you use it for other things to generate revenue towards costs? A fast proxy in the UK would be ideal for people like me that like to watch iplayer and what not. Sure people would play a few quid for access ....

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Overkill much? I've seen a daoc gameserver inc web server with 400 players run on half of that :p

Why don't you use it for other things to generate revenue towards costs? A fast proxy in the UK would be ideal for people like me that like to watch iplayer and what not. Sure people would play a few quid for access ....

Unfortunately I do not have the time or patience to run a proxy in the UK. Also I would need a way of ensuring it was not used for illegal purposes (as I do not want the hassle of dealing with such matters).

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Updated first post.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
So what's going to happen with subscriptions now then?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
So what's going to happen with subscriptions now then?

I will manually migrate them across and then create new subs on XenForo. I shut them down at the moment just to reduce the amount of stuff I have to do come migration day.

One less thing to worry about. Don't worry, those that want to donate toward the hosting costs can still do so once I have migrated us.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Updated first post.

Ctuchik

FH is my second home
Is it just me or is the forum slightly slower in this build when it comes to posting?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Seems fine to me, do a ctrl F5 to clear any previous files.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Updated the first post.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Updated first post.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Post rating add on... what a pile of shit. I thought we were beyond negative rep and bollocks like that?

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
It is not negative rep :) A dislike is only classed as neutral rep (ie does nothing) and they do not have any impact on your standing within the forum. I am merely using the system as a post rating, not a member rating.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
But why? Why do we need a post rating? What does it add that a "like" did not, I don't see any benefit. All it's done is add clutter to quite a clean design.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I'm using the default XenForo style, but the main page has black and grey headers, the rest of the site is the normal peachy/blue

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
But why? Why do we need a post rating? What does it add that a "like" did not, I don't see any benefit. All it's done is add clutter to quite a clean design.
It adds a way of marking a post in different ways. Like is far too general, I have sometimes seen a post and wanted to acknowledge it in a way that a "like" would not suffice. I think, personally, that it does not add to much clutter to the design. If there is a revolt then it can always be disabled (any likes will still count).

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'm using the default XenForo style, but the main page has black and grey headers, the rest of the site is the normal peachy/blue
That is because I have not finished converting that particular style to XenoMorph 1.1.1. The category display is a bit wrong and I need to work out the exact CSS to fix for that.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
That is because I have not finished converting that particular style to XenoMorph 1.1.1. The category display is a bit wrong and I need to work out the exact CSS to fix for that.

Well get to it...chop,chop !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom