Football Champions League

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
sad :/ really wish united would be the first team to take the league twice in a row. but can't blame them, barca was the better team, and the best team in the world at the moment imo. well deserved champs :(

Lethul

FH is my second home
fuck yeah! :D

Puyol should have made 3-0, what a goal that would've been :)

edit: fucking vicious tackle from Scholes, red imo :)

Lethul

FH is my second home
Anyone know what was up with Eto'o's (hehe) goal celebration? :p Looked a bit suspicious :D

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Barca played as well as UTD played badly. What on earth was Carrick doing? Once again Berbatov looked average in front of goal.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
LOL Wonk.

When Park nearly scored after like a minute i thought it was gonna be his night! But sadly no prime dog for him for dinner tonight :(

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Meh was painful to watch...but ill hold my hands up and say that the better team won on the night..congrats barca...hopefully we can come back and have a go again next season

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
We got outplayed for 80 minutes, first 10 minutes were promising, but then Barca got a goal and the ball did not seem to leave their feet after that. Carrick and Anderson were completely ineffective against Inesta and Xavi, we lost the game in midfield. It was a poor performance from us, and a masterclass from Barca.

Corran

Part of the furniture
fuck yeah! :D

Puyol should have made 3-0, what a goal that would've been :)

edit: fucking vicious tackle from Scholes, red imo :)

if there was a red card then look to the start of the match with pique on ronaldo... pique was actually the last defender as at the time of the offence the other defender was a good few yards behind ronaldo still. Could easily went for a professional foul/last man. - it not scholes fault he never got tackling lessons, lol.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
if there was a red card then look to the start of the match with pique on ronaldo... pique was actually the last defender as at the time of the offence the other defender was a good few yards behind ronaldo still. Could easily went for a professional foul/last man. - it not scholes fault he never got tackling lessons, lol.

he would have got benefit of the doubt in almost any game because there was a covering defender behind him, moreso in finals

The ref was spot on all night to be honest

Everz

FH is my second home
he would have got benefit of the doubt in almost any game because there was a covering defender behind him, moreso in finals

The ref was spot on all night to be honest

Aye and on the note of Pique, totally outshined a woeful Vidic and Ferdinand, made important blocks and played absolute quality all night. Big slip by Fergie letting him go?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Fergie got his tactics wrong and tried to beat Barcelona at their own game. I reckon they could have won if they played similarly to how they handled it last year.

Cerb

I am a FH squatter
Aye and on the note of Pique, totally outshined a woeful Vidic and Ferdinand, made important blocks and played absolute quality all night. Big slip by Fergie letting him go?

Nah..i mean dont get me wrong he had a great game lasnight but he doesnt play like that anywhere near every game

leviathane

Part of the furniture
and he was only playing last night due to suspensions/injuries. But still good performance.

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Pique is a regular starter in the Barcelona defence i thought?

Alves Pique Marquez Puyol/Abidal i thought was the normal back 4.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
They've been plagued with defensive injuries this year, so sort of.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Pique is a regular starter in the Barcelona defence i thought?

Alves Pique Marquez Puyol/Abidal i thought was the normal back 4.

Alves Marquez Puyol Abidal is their regular back four.

Pique is good, but he is nowhere near the standard of Vidic or Ferdinand, he may be in a few years. We have first option on him should he ever be sold. He left because he wanted regular first team football and Fergie could not promise him that.

Pique had a okay game last night, he did not have much to do as the majority of our attacks came down the flanks, and there was not enough time in midfield to create enough passing movement to really test their defence.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
anyone got a link to english highlights of the game? pub i was in had no sound

Marc

FH is my second home
Once again Vidic was shown up as a flat track bully. Looks good against crap strikers but put him up against a world class one and he gets made to look Amateurish. First Torres and now Eto

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Once again Vidic was shown up as a flat track bully. Looks good against crap strikers but put him up against a world class one and he gets made to look Amateurish. First Torres and now Eto

To be fair Eto'o isn't even that great, look how JT and Alex nullified him when he played against us.

Chronictank

FH is my second home
To be fair Eto'o isn't even that great, look how JT and Alex nullified him when he played against us.

i doubt there are many forwards who will get far when you have half+ team of descent players pulled back

I suspect it would have been a different story had Henry been playing as he would have peeled off a couple of defenders of his own, but then thats all guesswork and pretty meaningless to debate tbh

Vladamir

FH is my second home
i doubt there are many forwards who will get far when you have half+ team of descent players pulled back

I suspect it would have been a different story had Henry been playing as he would have peeled off a couple of defenders of his own, but then thats all guesswork and pretty meaningless to debate tbh

Then why did Eto'o have one chance in the Camp Nou when Henry was playing? ;)

Don't get me wrong, Eto'o is a good striker, but in previous years against Chelsea, Liverpool and Man United, he has been far from the prolific scorer he has been in the Spanish league.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom