Ce and se question

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
HI all

My question is...

I ordered Ce version from HMV i payed my £10 for the starter open beta box thing with my 3 codes.

But it seems that HMV have over sold but either way it doesnt look like ill be getting me ce version.

If i wait and see what copy of the game i get on release. which could be either SE or CE depending how things go.

But in the mean time i use the codes i payed for could i add any retail key to my account Se or ce .
(Note that the codes ill be using will just be the 3 codes that you get with both ce and se versions no extra crap like the heads etc)

Eg.. I wait for release HMV have sold out my preorder is gone . I goto pc world and they have a SE copy which i buy can i add that to my account for which i have my head start Characters on.

I ask becuase ill be fairly mad if ive wasted £10 and a 60 mile round trip to the only hmv store that had some pre order boxes left. :twak:

Thx

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
Many of us have asked this question and looked for an official response and not found one. Although I do recall reading an official post from quite some time ago (which ofc I can no longer find) which said if you start the CE headstart you need CE retail codes to continue it.

Whether or not this stance is being changed in light of the troubles with HMV has not been made public, it may be they won't make it public until the CEs have shipped from play.com to avoid people using the CE codes then downgrading to SE to save a few quid as the poll suggests headstart access was one of the main reasons for buying the CE.

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
OKi thx for answer .

Maybe i should approach hmv or EA for a refund on the code i was made to purchase.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Since that answer was given I've had further clarification and now the situation is as follows:

If you have a CE pre-order pack and for any reason you don't get a CE box, you will be able to validate your account with an SE retail code and all the bonus codes from the CE pack will be valid still.

However, if you have a pre-order box then your retailer should have a corresponding CE box for you. They will have been allocated as many CEs as they sold pre-orders so if they don't get you a CE then they have made a mistake.

Freya

Fledgling Freddie
Since that answer was given I've had further clarification and now the situation is as follows:

If you have a CE pre-order pack and for any reason you don't get a CE box, you will be able to validate your account with an SE retail code and all the bonus codes from the CE pack will be valid still.

However, if you have a pre-order box then your retailer should have a corresponding CE box for you. They will have been allocated as many CEs as they sold pre-orders so if they don't get you a CE then they have made a mistake.

This solves the problem of people worrying about not being able to get the CE version as I know more than a few people who brought the CE pre-order box just for Open Beta (back when they thought this was the only way to get in).

These people will be happy to use the CE codes and buy the SE version for £30+ less money.

rynnor

Rockhound
I know more than a few people who brought the CE pre-order box just for Open Beta (back when they thought this was the only way to get in).

These people will be happy to use the CE codes and buy the SE version for £30+ less money.

The CE copies will sell anyway - they'll be like gold dust - you could buy em n sell on at a profit frankly!

Xrystofer

Resident Freddy

phew and i was worried because me and a friend lost the proof of boughting 2 CE pre-order... so if we can use the cd-keys for HS and In game bonus with SE its fine with me : )
well for sure i will be able to kill some time with Open beta! :)
btw my friend found 2 CE cd-keys inside his pre-order lawl :worthy:

Frosty

Fledgling Freddie
Thx slot guys for the answers it made me feel better now. i cant atleast wait to see if i get the ce box now instead of panic buying a se version preorder.

although i could steal my sons :kissit: but doing that mean i wont be able to sleep well for a few nights just incase he pisses on me while i sleep

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom