NEWs on the CE and SE

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
Ya we won. bigup GOA.:clap: oh number 7 is the important bit for us if u cant b bothered to read it all :)

Right this is wot mark said about the CE and SE versions for the pre release
it seems it dosnt effect, us but the yanks r spiting mad :)

cant figure out why they cant just cancel CE and get SE if there pissed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbj
Folks,

Okay, I'm a bit confused here. I've gone through our website, GOA's website and our press releases and based on what I've read there and here, let's start off with some basics:

1) Characters will not roll over from the OB. Not a chance, prayer, etc. OB is for primarily the load testing of the game and not for people to level up their toons and then bring them over to the Head Start or into the game. Whoever is giving out their information is wrong.

2) When we put up the websites for the CE, we separated the CE from the CE Pre-order program on purpose. Nowhere in the CE Pre-order program does it say that *only* CE Pre-orders will get the HS and the OB. There's even a line that says "All pre-order customers will receive one of the following items..." It also says a number of times in the same section the words "pre-order customers" and not "CE pre-order customers." We weren't trying to be clever, cute, devious, etc. but to simply covey the basics of the program. Apparently we may have needed to be even clearer than I thought we were being.

3) In terms of the length of OB, the final length of it is still to be determined. Don't expect a 30 day OB or anything like that. We've never promised, hinted or even inferred that OB was going to be a long process, that's what our Beta is for. If we need a longer OB, then it will be longer. If a shorter one will suffice, that is fine by us.

4) In terms of the Head Start, the length of the Head Start is still being discussed which is why we haven't posted anyway how long it will last.

5) In terms of the Head Start as it pertains to the CE POs and the SE POs, our intention is that the length of the Head Start will not be the same. While we have never said that they would or wouldn't be the same, we do want to give some extra time to the CE POs.

6) We also hope to make an announcement sometime before we go into OB about another bonus thing for our CE POs customers. I can't go into detail about it yet but it will also be seen as a nice little extra for the CE POs.

7) In Europe, the plan is for the OB to invite the CE POs customers but the SE POs will not get a special invitation.

8 In terms of the whole "OMG, I wouldn't have bought the CE if I could get the HS/OB time with the regular PO" thing. If that's how you feel, no problem at all. Cancel your CE then and pre-order the regular game. If all the special items, librams, quests, heads, art book, graphic novel and miniature aren't worth the difference in price, either cancel your order or don't pre-order the CE (if you can still find a copy). Our CE has more useful in-game goodness than any other MMORPG. And the fact that the CE contains a very special miniature (that will not be reissued by GW and/or EA) along with all the other stuff, makes it, in our opinion, the best CE of any MMORPG to date. The fact that it is essentially sold out in NA and almost there in Europe this far before launch means that the players agree. And yes, the items/quests/etc. that are listed in the CE section of our website (as opposed to the Pre-Order Program) part of the webwite, will still only be for the CE and not the SE.

9) In terms of why we didn't announce this sooner, well, we thought we were clear when we posted all the information. Apparently not, at least for some of you and that's why I'm here.

10) In terms of the OB being for CE pre-orders only, well, that's a bit of nonsense. I've posted enough and I'seen enough people talk about the OB to know that most of you knew that OB wasn't for the CE people only.

11) In terms of the OB, not everyone gets in now. It will still be limited access but both CE/SE Pre-order customers get a guaranteed slot as do our current beta testers.

Mark

Xandax

Loyal Freddie
Well - GOA's website does say:

WAR Collector's Edition Pre-Order Program Details and not WAR Pre-Order Program Details for the details of head start etc.
So there is nothing on that site which indicate any type of "normal" pre order programme "exclusives"

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
yep this dosnt effect us GOA r doing it the way everyone expected it to be.

i posted marks Comments on it in a new thread thought it was important coming from him and all.

nice that the games starting earlier than i expected:D

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
Guess this proves how us Europeans are second rate customers to Mythic then.

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
Would be great if IainC or Magnus could confirm though, since Mark also made the following comment:

"Hold on? Eu players who Pre-order the Standard Edition WONT get into the OB and Headstart?"
They will get into the HS but not a guaranteed slot in the OB as far as I know."

Which got me a bit confused again. I don't actually mind either way, but would be nice to know for sure. Am sure we will soon!

Talivar

Part of the furniture
So i can still get into HS then? i missed all the CE so would be nice to know if just pre ordering SE will do it.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
After reading a bjillion Mbj posts on WHA, I come away with this:

pre ordering a CE gets you:
Guaranteed Open Beta spot (US and EU)
Head Start
Portable Warcamp + Thing (which thing depends on whether you buy in-store or online)

Buying a CE gets you:
(ingame)
12 extra quests + rewards
extra character heads
Libram of Insight
(rl stuff)
art book
limited edition miniature
Mousemat (only in Europe)
Access to the game :))) after the head start.

Preordering the standard edition gets you:
Guaranteed Open Beta spot (in US, apparently not in EU)
Head Start (potentially less of a head start than the CE)
Portable Warcamp + Thing
Card game thing

Buying a Standard Edition gets you:
Access to the game after the head start.

Bahumat

FH is my second home
I think Flim means that if you Pre-Order the CE, you get those items first, then when the game is fully live, you get the rest of it.

rynnor

Rockhound
I ordered the CE for the graphic novel and mousemat - anything else is a bonus :)

Downanael

Fledgling Freddie
You guys disapoint me :(

We have to spend much more cash to get for OB than yanks and no whine at all? We supposed to hate GOA ya'know.

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
You guys disapoint me :(

We have to spend much more cash to get for OB than yanks and no whine at all? We supposed to hate GOA ya'know.

hehe, aya i agree, but this time we`re all gonna be wrong, GOA is gonna do an outstanding job, and we`re all gonna love WAR :)

Idris

Fledgling Freddie
Yeah, would like card game too. They can have the mousemat if I can have the cards!

Overdriven

Dumpster Fire of The South
My LOCAL HMV has around 10-15 copies of the CE PO box. :) *ordering next week hopefully*

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
My preorder box is a plastic pc dvd rom case, on the cover it says warhammer online age of reckoning pre-order box, it dosnt mention the CE at all.

In side the box is a 4 page bit of paper, on the front page it says collector`s edition pre-order program, in side it has the same message in 4 different langauges, on the back page it has 1 other language and the 3 codes.

ive had it four about 5 or 6 weeks, i ordered it from play.com, and they state it is for a september release.

hope that helps.

edit hehe seems i posted in the wrong thread some how :)

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
My preorder box is a plastic pc dvd rom case, on the cover it says warhammer online age of reckoning pre-order box, it dosnt mention the CE at all.

Check it again. The spine and the back all clearly say it's a CE pre-order box.

We haven't announced the details of the EU Standard Edition pre-order program yet - we'll be doing that at the end of August. As stated by Mark Jacobs though we are not planning to give open beta access to pre-orders of the standard edition. We feel a better way of filling the open beta is via promotions with partner websites. We'll be announcing partners in all territories which will give more people the opportunity to participate than would be possible otherwise. The EU community is more complex than the NA market and so we have to take a different approach to Mythic.

nelg39

Fledgling Freddie
yep it does say it on the spine as well, i posted this response in the wrong thread tho, i was answering a question from a different thread, me silly :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom