CD Keys online ?

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
Why didnt goa/mythic make the keys for catac available to buy online which then forwards us to another update for game files (around 300mb i believe) ? would have saved alot of this mix-up we got now which has left most uf us in UK wit no catac on the release :(

boppas

Fledgling Freddie
it has been explained before many times

Well, ive tried to use "search" but the forums are lagging due to the amount of users atm, but thx...your reply was helpful ;) :clap:

Draylor

Part of the furniture
Standard reason is because the deal with distributors doesnt allow for it.

(See the Valve vs Vivendi arguments for what happens when publishers think their slice of the profit is being threatened)

A

Aoln

So get a better destributor, not as if this one has done even a slightly decent job x<

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
boppas said:
Why didnt goa/mythic make the keys for catac available to buy online which then forwards us to another update for game files (around 300mb i believe) ? would have saved alot of this mix-up we got now which has left most uf us in UK wit no catac on the release :(

wait till tomorrow and see

pomalllka

Fledgling Freddie
YOu will, log into your acc and there is an option to buy online key its just greyed out at the moment.

I'm guessing it will be turned on later ftw :)

Pom

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
GOA stated that you'll be able to buy online keys -except- for Cats. Which is good, since the distributors can earn money from the first sales, and people who join the game later, don't have to rely on impossible to get expansion sets.

Any situation that takes the game out of the control of the established distributors is a good one. GOA might not be to blame for the current situation, but they are responsible for it - none of us have anything to do with any of the other parties involved in the distribution. ;)

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
pomalllka said:
YOu will, log into your acc and there is an option to buy online key its just greyed out at the moment.

I'm guessing it will be turned on later ftw :)

Pom

noticed that too. hopefully it will work \o

Tilda

tbh if I was goa's legal rep i'd be looking very carefully at their cata's distribution contract. If there was a bit saying "we'll get it out when we said we will" or soemthing, then by missing that, they're in breach of contract, so goa could terminate it, and then put the CD key sales live :D

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
It is available for download and CD keys are available for online purchase. Please check the Official Website for details.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Zenythe said:
It is available for download and CD keys are available for online purchase. Please check the Official Website for details.

any plans to open this to people with switch/solo/whatever else?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom