cats in the garden

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
Isnt it more cruel for a pet to stay locked in a room in the house (and in some cases a cage) all day for the rest of it's life until it drops dead, only to be let out on a lead for 30mins in the evening? I'm pretty sure they'd prefer to be out doors. Murderers and rapists get more freedom.

As for cats, the neighbours cat liked nothing better than sitting on my car roof when i got home from work, lovely pearlescent paint covered in scratches, if it turned up dead one day i wouldnt shed a tear ;)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
bob269 said:
As for cats, the neighbours cat liked nothing better than sitting on my car roof when i got home from work, lovely pearlescent paint covered in scratches, if it turned up dead one day i wouldnt shed a tear ;)

Nnnnot.........not the Honda?

:eek:

Wait...tell me it wasn't the Impreza........my lovely Impreza?

:eek:

*Visits bob with air rifle*

Deacan

Fledgling Freddie
Before we got new neightbours (they have 2 big huge dogs, keeps the cats away) I used to sprey them with water.

They used to always shit in my garden and try eat my Coy.

I also now have a Jack Russel, its only a tiny thing but its a bloody nutter.

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
I posted this last time it came around but apparently cats hate the smell of citrus.

A top tip to humanely discourage cats from peeing in the garden is to line the borders of your garden with orange or lemon quarters.

They also dislike the smell of bleach but that may do more harm to the borders than the cat wee ;)

Note: I haven't tried either of these methods as I have three cats all of which (I might add) shit in MY garden the little fuckers - I've been trying to teach them to shit in other people's gardens for years!

Let me know if the orange/lemon thing works - it's on quite a few webbies so it seems fairly common. *n.b.* just checked a couple - eucalyptus oil also works apparently - cat's hate the scent of it along with pine and citrus :)

M

bob269

Fledgling Freddie
`mongoose said:
I posted this last time it came around but apparently cats hate the smell of citrus.

A top tip to humanely discourage cats from peeing in the garden is to line the borders of your garden with orange or lemon quarters.

M

Wouldn't this attract swarms of bugs and bees/wasps, and quite possibly half time footballers?

`mongoose

One of Freddy's beloved
Not if you use citrus oil rather than my rather tomfoolerous idea of lemon / orange quarters.

Bugs/bees/wasps will be attracted to the garden anyways

M

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
.... The cats that come into my garden try and catch fish in my pond too - and that *really* annoys me......

I look forward to the time when someone dumps a box of detergent in your pond and kills your little fishy wishys.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
GDW said:
I look forward to the time when someone dumps a box of detergent in your pond and kills your little fishy wishys.

thats no better than shooting the cats though :-(

Mey

Part of the furniture
I can get shot at for trespassing, why then do cats get special rights?

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
lol you are either being sarcastic or you are a cock. I cant work out which :p

Sharma

Can't get enough of FH
Mey said:

I dont think a farmer would think twice about shooting something damaging their crops or setting the dog on it. :p

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Mey said:

For that matter, what about birds and insects? Kill them all I say!

Hansmoleman

Fledgling Freddie
Tom said:
For that matter, what about birds and insects? Kill them all I say!
On a few occasions the neighbours dog has got into my yard as well, i have every right to shoot it...:touch:

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Hansmoleman said:
On a few occasions the neighbours dog has got into my yard as well, i have every right to shoot it...:touch:

Neighbours kids come in to my yard - absolutely no respect for my property the little shits. I'm going to shoot them with my SR16 airsoft rifle. That'll learn the fuckers.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
You dont have the right to shoot a dog if it comes into your garden, only if you happen to have sheep there and the dog is worrying them, unlikely I feel.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Shooting cats with an air rifle isn't cool.

Torching the bastards with a home-made flame thrower, now THAT's cool. Cheap and easy BBQ spare ribs and all......

Anyway BLATANT HYPOCRICY ALERT!!!!! Cats are allowed to torture birds and mice to death, but we ain't allowed to do the same to them. Surely if cat's do get tortured, that's just karma? Mind you that's always gonna be difficult to argue with the modern animal kisser, who seems to but a greater value on animal life than human life.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Right, except it's hardly the same. If a 5 year old kid beats up a 4 year old kid, by your logic, it'd be OK to beat up the 5 year old. After all, he started it!

Honestly, don't be silly!

GDW

Fledgling Freddie
Calaen said:
lol you are either being sarcastic or you are a . I cant work out which :p

Im just being a cock :)

I agree that fish have rights too, I just would like too see Chillys face

Chilly

Balls of steel
GDW said:
No I agree its not as much fun
At least we agree on something.

And if anyone poured detergent into my pond I'd do them serious harm. The difference between other peoples cats and my fish is that I want fish in my garden(pond), I dont want other peoples cats there.

As I say, cats have no legal status really, if you run one over you are not obliged to stop or anything and the owner cant sue. Different with dogs tho, you need to report it to the police asap.

~Gets car keys and goes hunting~

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Chilly said:
At least we agree on something.

And if anyone poured detergent into my pond I'd do them serious harm. The difference between other peoples cats and my fish is that I want fish in my garden(pond), I dont want other peoples cats there.

As I say, cats have no legal status really, if you run one over you are not obliged to stop or anything and the owner cant sue. Different with dogs tho, you need to report it to the police asap.

~Gets car keys and goes hunting~

That all depends, if you afre driving down a road and a cat runs out infront of you then its an unfortunate accident, if you get in your car with the sole purpose of finding a cat to kill then the law is against you. The exact same concept can be applied to your fish.

Accidents are accidents but if you set out to do harm to any animal your a sick sick sick person and to be honest im starting to get pissed off with your morbid attitude to other animals.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Chilly said:
As I say, cats have no legal status really,

Psychocat.jpg

phazey

One of Freddy's beloved
Useful answer: clear bottles filled with water next to the toileting areas. apparently the cats can see their reflection, and dont like shitting with others watching.

Prefered method, recommended by myself: 6 Iron.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
phazey said:
Prefered method, recommended by myself: 6 Iron.

Try a sand iron, you'll get more backspin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom